SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, dagies said:

Well, there's only 4 songs on your old 8 track, so......

Well, yes, I do still have an 8-track player and recorder, and 48 8-track tapes, but the MGB has an ultra-modern CD player with a power amp located behind the driver's seat and three big speakers mounted on the front of the trunk wall.  I may have more horsepower in the sound system than under the hood.

I was listening to a Fargo radio station, if you must know.

Just got back from the fan fest. Seemed like tons of people, but when we left at 4:30 they were still passing out the free caps. Boy, do the players ever look smaller in person and not on skates.....and they look so young. Coach Berry on the other hand, is a really big guy.

4 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Just got back from the fan fest. Seemed like tons of people, but when we left at 4:30 they were still passing out the free caps. Boy, do the players ever look smaller in person and not on skates.....and they look so young. Coach Berry on the other hand, is a really big guy.

We were there too. Lots of fun. I actually thought most were bigger than I anticipated. Gardner is huge as is Olson. Tucker is good size as well. Jost is about what I expected size wise. He, Ausmus and Boeser were very cordial with all the picture demands.

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

We were there too. Lots of fun. I actually thought most were bigger than I anticipated. Gardner is huge as is Olson. Tucker is good size as well. Jost is about what I expected size wise. He, Ausmus and Boeser were very cordial with all the picture demands.

Yeah, my grandson got pictures with Boeser and Ausmus. His smile was a mile wide.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I thought the exact opposite. I thought they all were big. That Cole Smith kid is tall and muscular. He will be a beast. Granted they are smaller when not on skates. 

2 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

So are the conference banners staying down for good?  It looks like it will be four National Championship banners on each side.

image.jpeg

No room east to west as they were.  All will come down and go back up north to south. 

At the fan fest all the players were awesome, some where getting a workout in, hot in those sweaters.

Berry was awesome, It was neat to see the new boards and dasher system up close, I might even have jumped into the boards and glass a bit to see the difference......yeah that was me.

Im also going for surgery tomorrow after Brock shook my hand.....all bones crushed, its like a rump roast with fingers powered by hydrolics .....wow.

Only thing that was getting on nerves and the players held their cool, but when people were lined up for player autographs and some obnoxious fat assed slob in a Vikings visor would just waddle up and budge the lines and push his kid in front of other small kids, not cool dude. You know who you are.  There's room in the gopher fan base for your type.

One player I watched signed when this happened , but looked like he wanted to check the guy into the Betty.  Those are the type of people that use kids for autographs and sell it on eBay the next day.

Kudos to midco for sponsoring it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

At the fan fest all the players were awesome, some where getting a workout in, hot in those sweaters.

Berry was awesome, It was neat to see the new boards and dasher system up close, I might even have jumped into the boards and glass a bit to see the difference......yeah that was me.

Im also going for surgery tomorrow after Brock shook my hand.....all bones crushed, its like a rump roast with fingers powered by hydrolics .....wow.

Only thing that was getting on nerves and the players held their cool, but when people were lined up for player autographs and some obnoxious fat assed slob in a Vikings visor would just waddle up and budge the lines and push his kid in front of other small kids, not cool dude. You know who you are.  There's room in the gopher fan base for your type.

One player I watched signed when this happened , but looked like he wanted to check the guy into the Betty.  Those are the type of people that use kids for autographs and sell it on eBay the next day.

Kudos to midco for sponsoring it.

People like that really p*** me off.

Saw this on the NCHC website.  It is their brand usage guide for the NCHC logo.  On page 10 and 11 of the pdf, it has the logo represented in each of the schools colors.  Is this something that will be used this year on the jerseys of NCHC schools?  

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0080/8829/NCHC_BrandGuide_Updated_2015.pdf

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Saw this on the NCHC website.  It is their brand usage guide for the NCHC logo.  On page 10 and 11 of the pdf, it has the logo represented in each of the schools colors.  Is this something that will be used this year on the jerseys of NCHC schools?  

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0080/8829/NCHC_BrandGuide_Updated_2015.pdf

LOL this season reeeeeeally needs to start, doesn't it? :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Using the regular logo shows unity amongst the conference members, using the school colors logo is ok, but I like it the way they have it.