SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

On 9/21/2016 at 3:44 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Saw this on the NCHC website.  It is their brand usage guide for the NCHC logo.  On page 10 and 11 of the pdf, it has the logo represented in each of the schools colors.  Is this something that will be used this year on the jerseys of NCHC schools?  

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0080/8829/NCHC_BrandGuide_Updated_2015.pdf

I sure hope so. That's something that I've noticed, the lack of school colors with the logo.  I love how the Big Sky logo changes color schemes to match the schools. 

Have to like the schedule this year.   Nice to have the boys get a chance to find themselves a little in front of the home crowd.  Also get a dose of gopher and BC in NYC  the first half.  

I'm always grateful to be a fan in a program that brings in so much talent, but this time of year it is really nice as we wait to see what we have.  Christmas morning in October.  .

Will Spirko be there?   Who will make a magical diving backcheck against Manitoba?    Will Poganski have become Poganski+?  Who might be the next Caggiula?

On 9/18/2016 at 6:55 PM, sprig said:

No room east to west as they were.  All will come down and go back up north to south. 

Not quite right. Conference championship banners north to south across the student section side.  Natty's east to west,  four over each net,  first four over south end net,   last four over north end net.

4 hours ago, burd said:

Have to like the schedule this year.   Nice to have the boys get a chance to find themselves a little in front of the home crowd.  Also get a dose of gopher and BC in NYC  the first half.  

I'm always grateful to be a fan in a program that brings in so much talent, but this time of year it is really nice as we wait to see what we have.  Christmas morning in October.  .

Will Spirko be there?   Who will make a magical diving backcheck against Manitoba?    Will Poganski have become Poganski+?  Who might be the next Caggiula?

I think Poganski keeps beast mode on and Gersich could be the next Caggiual. 

I was also thinking about this the other day, we have 4 possibly 5 guys that can be really dangerous on a breakaway, Boeser, I'm guessing Jost, Poganski, Gersich and Wilkie for the possibly. I don't remember having that many guys before that we probly know would score on a breakaway. It's a good feeling. Can't wait till Saturday!

GO SIOUX!!!

As he should be, Boeser tabbed by USCHO as the top returning forward. Awesome quote by coach Monty at DU:

“Brock is a phenomenal player and the best pure scorer at the college level that I’ve seen in a long time,” Denver coach Jim Montgomery said. “Every shot he takes, he’s not only trying to put it through the net, but out of the building. He’s a smart hockey player that makes the players around him better and I’m sure he will be one of top players in college hockey this year.”

http://www.uscho.com/2016/09/27/ten-to-watch-meet-some-of-college-hockeys-impact-forwards-for-2016-17/

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

As he should be, Boeser tabbed by USCHO as the top returning forward. Awesome quote by coach Monty at DU:

“Brock is a phenomenal player and the best pure scorer at the college level that I’ve seen in a long time,” Denver coach Jim Montgomery said. “Every shot he takes, he’s not only trying to put it through the net, but out of the building. He’s a smart hockey player that makes the players around him better and I’m sure he will be one of top players in college hockey this year.”

http://www.uscho.com/2016/09/27/ten-to-watch-meet-some-of-college-hockeys-impact-forwards-for-2016-17/

I really like Monty better than I liked Gwoz. In my humble opinion, his pressers are fun to listen to than Gwoz... He's intense, but he's easier to talk to. He doesn't come off as being quite as smug. He also seems to get it. I have a lot of respect for him as a professional. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Goon said:

I really like Monty better than I liked Gwoz. In my humble opinion, his pressers are fun to listen to than Gwoz... He's intense, but he's easier to talk to. He doesn't come off as being quite as smug. He also seems to get it. I have a lot of respect for him as a professional. 

Being easy to hate helped make Gwoz a great (fun) villain. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

If he does PxP half as well as he writes, I'm excited to have him on board.

I just hope the fans give him a chance to settle into the position and don't expect him to be Gary Thorn right away.  Would be interesting to listen to Tim Hennessey's call of his first game.

3 hours ago, ilovethisgame said:

I know Saint Cloud lost many of their top scorers, but who do you guys think will step up for them? How much of a threat do you see from the young huskies?

The youngest Poehling brother from Lakeville is certainly being highly touted. We shall see. I think they'll be a bottom half NCHC, with that being said, that often means they'll make the playoffs since, you know, the NCHC is kind of a big deal :D

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The youngest Poehling brother from Lakeville is certainly being highly touted. We shall see. I think they'll be a bottom half NCHC, with that being said, that often means they'll make the playoffs since, you know, the NCHC is kind of a big deal :D

And we can at least count on SUCS to find ways to choke in the NCAA tournament when they make it. But hey! It'll be another NCAA participation banner in the rafters! :D

With that said, not sure how good St. Cloud will be. Last year was definitely the year their program had a really good chance of going for a championship. This year? Not sure. 

57 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

And we can at least count on SUCS to find ways to choke in the NCAA tournament when they make it. But hey! It'll be another NCAA participation banner in the rafters! :D

With that said, not sure how good St. Cloud will be. Last year was definitely the year their program had a really good chance of going for a championship. This year? Not sure. 

Personally, I think them losing Lindgren is their biggest question mark. I'm not sure where I am pegging SCSU in the NCHC, honestly.

It all starts this weekend!! Can't wait!!! Be sure to watch the UND vs Cal Poly game at 1:00 if you can, then onto hockey!!

Just found out I've got tickets to, at least, the Saturday night game against the Gophers at Mariucci, possibly Friday. Now there is some awesome new for the week!

On 9/28/2016 at 5:34 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Personally, I think them losing Lindgren is their biggest question mark. I'm not sure where I am pegging SCSU in the NCHC, honestly.

They lost a big chunk of their lineup. I am thinking middle of the pack. 

On September 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

They'll probably have one of the best defensive corps in the league, but have lot of scoring to replace.