SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

13 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Have you not paid much attention to the Washington Post’s journalistic “standards” lately? 

Still WAY WAY more of a place for reporters with true journalist integrity than most places these days.  Ever worked in the business or do you just bitch and complain about it as an outside observer?  I did for a long time.  It's a tough business.  I learned (in college) to be fair and tell both sides of the story when possible.  Sometimes one side or the other are ASSHOLES so they don't always get the benefit of the doubt.   Again - it's a tough job and if you think you can do better - try it!  Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson are NOT journalists - they're assholes!  Anyone who believes them probably contributed a LOT to DT's
"Election Defense Fund" - LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, gfNDfan said:

Still WAY WAY more of a place for reporters with true journalist integrity than most places these days.  Ever worked in the business or do you just bitch and complain about it as an outside observer?  I did for a long time.  It's a tough business.  I learned (in college) to be fair and tell both sides of the story when possible.  Sometimes one side or the other are ASSHOLES so they don't always get the benefit of the doubt.   Again - it's a tough job and if you think you can do better - try it!  Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson are NOT journalists - they're assholes!  Anyone who believes them probably contributed a LOT to DT's

Where is the bitching you speak of? And yea, I could do a better job than Taylor Lorenz right now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Integrity and the MSM have nothing in common.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a sheep or part of the problem. It’s a controlled show.  Almost no “real”journalists work in the MSM.

For context, working in the North Dakota market or even Minneapolis is NOT the MSM. At the local level real journalism and journalists do exist.  

As for the Post? It is most definitely one of the “stars” of the “show”.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Still WAY WAY more of a place for reporters with true journalist integrity than most places these days.  Ever worked in the business or do you just bitch and complain about it as an outside observer?  I did for a long time.  It's a tough business.  I learned (in college) to be fair and tell both sides of the story when possible.  Sometimes one side or the other are Opinion Hosts so they don't always get the benefit of the doubt.   Again - it's a tough job and if you think you can do better - try it!  Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson are NOT journalists - they're assholes!  Anyone who believes them probably contributed a LOT to DT's

FYP. 

19 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Tom Miller needs the facts on what is going on . He is not going to write an article on hearsay or rumors and UND was not going to disclose any information. The Mo State coaches do not need facts to figure out what is going on with Otis. There is no way these rumors would not have gotten to those coaches. What take that risk on a guy and jeopardize your program and university’s image?

No facts, hearsay, rumors - gotta be a column by McFeely in the works - especially if he can slant it so it paints UND in a bad light.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Integrity and the MSM have nothing in common.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a sheep or part of the problem. It’s a controlled show.  Almost no “real”journalists work in the MSM.

For context, working in the North Dakota market or even Minneapolis is NOT the MSM. At the local level real journalism and journalists do exist.  

As for the Post? It is most definitely one of the “stars” of the “show”.

Great comments…. You do not know how lucky you are to haveThe Forum….I read many on-line newspapers and IMHO The Forum has the most accurate and non-partisan. I also read several other Forum newspapers….all equally well done at their local levels. Trust me, you would NEVER see a MPR article in the Mpls paper.  Walter Cronkite is gone and has not been replaced.

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

No facts, hearsay, rumors - gotta be a colu?mn by McFeely in the works - especially if he can slant it so it paints UND in a bad light.

How can you put und is a good or neutral light?   There is no way in hell the coaches didn't know about this and continued to play him.

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

I feel the same way about the cast of morning joe, Mr. potato head, McFooley and many others 

there really aren’t any true journalists because they are controlled by the people they work for.

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

How can you put und is a good or neutral light?   There is no way in hell the coaches didn't know about this and continued to play him.

Says the fans and coaches from Juice U

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

Says the fans and coaches from Juice U

Juice U will live forever….. and unlike Juice U’s “incident” which happened inside the athletic department/football, UND’s “incident(s)” were not….. hope I don’t get this site in a dumpster fire. Or kicked off. 
So again, way over Bubba’s pay grade. Even if he knew, he had to follow directions. Must have been VERY difficult to wait for a decision from above.

7 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Juice U will live forever….. and unlike Juice U’s “incident” which happened inside the athletic department/football, UND’s “incident(s)” were not….. hope I don’t get this site in a dumpster fire. Or kicked off. 
So again, way over Bubba’s pay grade. Even if he knew, he had to follow directions. Must have been VERY difficult to wait for a decision from above.

This isn’t Facebook or twitter 

4 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

How do you equate too much caffine and sexual assault????? Not even in the same ball park. Oh FYI too much caffine guy didnt play anymore. Sexual assault guy did and had numerous other infractions. Just saying.

9 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

News reporting died when CNN changed it to entertainment. 

"Infotainment" started with the Bobbit trial in the early 1990's. It was further entrenched by the O.J. Simpson trial in the mid 1990's. The internet has only further accelerated the trend. And Walter Cronkite isn't coming back to fix it anytime soon.:sad:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

"Infotainment" started with the Bobbit trial in the early 1990's. It was further entrenched by the O.J. Simpson trial in the mid 1990's. The internet has only further accelerated the trend. And Walter Cronkite isn't coming back to fix it anytime soon.:sad:

Walter Cronkite was just as biased as any of them are today. The only difference is there weren't so many other sources around to highlight his distortions. His most well know distortions were regarding the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Walter Cronkite was just as biased as any of them are today. The only difference is there weren't so many other sources around to highlight his distortions. His most well know distortions were regarding the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War. 

Amen