SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

Word down here in the Ozarks is that there were some testy conversations the last few days between AD staffers and football operations people about this situation. I guess this UND/MSU thing is an MVFC version of the Jimbo Fisher/ Nick Saban controversy. I'll let y'all decide which side is which.

I love it though. I hope your moms/wives/girlfriends/boyfriends or whatever can make you a hearty dish of knoephla on October 1st because I think we are in for a physical contest. Is there snow on the roads by then? I am considering the trip up to Grand Forks to back my squad if the weather is decdent.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

Word down here in the Ozarks is that there were some testy conversations the last few days between AD staffers and football operations people about this situation. I guess this UND/MSU thing is an MVFC version of the Jimbo Fisher/ Nick Saban controversy. I'll let y'all decide which side is which.

I love it though. I hope your moms/wives/girlfriends/boyfriends or whatever can make you a hearty dish of knoephla on October 1st because I think we are in for a physical contest. Is there snow on the roads by then? I am considering the trip up to Grand Forks to back my squad if the weather is decdent.

Ouch - asking about snow in October? Not a good reflection on your ability to do research on the Internet. A few tips since you are coming from Mizzou - bring your own moonshine and bring a pair of shoes and a shirt because they are required in a restaurant - okay maybe a bit harsh. Actually early October will be fine, come early and walk around the tailgating area you'll be welcomed.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Da Bears said:

We have a tough first part if our schedule....Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Northern AZ, Southern Illinois, and then you guys.  But the first half of your schedule.....dang looks pretty brutal:  UT Martin, Arkansas, South Dakota State, North Dakota, Southern Illinois.  We would probably be considered the easiest on that schedule....so I'm sure you guys are thinking that is a must win game.  I think both teams will see it as a must win.  It's going to be a physical game....I agree!  

20 hours ago, Da Bears said:

Ad people trying to figure out why the fb staffers promised he’d get admitted in to school

22 hours ago, Da Bears said:

I think you are all confused down at MSU….. this was not your ordinary transfer situation. People are not outraged he picked MSU, they are outraged about what he said and how he tried to act like he was transferring to play for a winning mentality team. Honestly we are shocked any F1 team picked him up after what the rumors are saying. He was forced to transfer because of the rumors that may actually be true. Your media guy is not doing your administration any favors in running any story on Otis let alone an article that avoids the obvious questions on the real reason he left UND.

The MSU administration is not pissed because you guys recruited a rival schools star player. They are pissed because of the liability they have given the university by recruiting a potentially controversial figure in the me too era. This could blow up and it won’t be pretty in the media. They may also need to figure out how to get Otis enrolled if he really did not attend classes this spring. There is a betting chance this all will fall through and he won’t even be able to be on the roster this semester. Time will tell….

17 hours ago, SiouxBundy said:

I dont think he did. Just Tryouts

1353320627-scaled.jpeg TORONTO, ON - NOVEMBER 12: A Toronto Argonauts helmet after a game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at BMO Field on November 12, 2021 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by John E. Sokolowski/Getty Images)

The Toronto Argonauts won’t begin their regular season until Week 2 at home against the Montreal Alouettes. Nonetheless, the Argos had to make their final roster cuts on Saturday to get down to 45 players for the upcoming season. Toronto can also add up to 15 players to their practice roster before the season starts.

C30D8765-8927-47F9-B93D-FDC19750D8EC-629

For some players, today is one of the best days of their lives. For others, it’s a fork in the road filled with uncertainty.

I

— Eric Sutton (@Pick6EazyE) June 4, 2022

The journey as an Argo still goes on.
Resinged as Practice squad. pic.twitter.com/1NFtA16Z1g

— Toshiki Sato (@Toshikicker16) June 4, 2022

As evidenced by the return of Kicker Toshiki Sato to the Boatmen’s practice squad. Rosters can frequently change from week to week. A week ago, after being released by Toronto, Sato seemed like he might be saying goodbye to the CFL. But instead, a week later, he returns to provide the team insurance for standout kicker Boris Bede.

While these cuts below may be listed as “Final.” In the war of attrition, that is a long football season. There will be many changes as the year progresses. Often weekly changes due to injuries. So perhaps all is not lost for the players who didn’t make the regular season cut. CFL teams can also be rather cagey when it comes to storing additional players on their injured list.

With that in mind, here is the 2022 Toronto Argonauts regular-season roster, written in Double Blue, no doubt, but likely not with a pen.

Toronto Argonauts Roster Cutdown

ARGOS ROSTER TRANSACTIONS – SUNDAY, JUNE 5

TORONTO – The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced the following roster transactions today.

Signed:

• Global K Toshiki Sato

Added to Practice Roster: (12)

• CDN DB Eric Sutton
  • CDN FB Joe Carbone
  • CDN OL Braydon Noll
  • AME DL Julian McCleod
  • AME OL Kofi Appiah
  • AME WR Damonte Coxie
  • AME DB Caleb Holden
  • AME LB Jonathan Jones
  • AME LB Tony Jones
  • AME RB Javon Leake
  • GLO K Toshiki Sato
  • GLO DL Simeon Okonta-Wariso

Released:

• AME DL Connor Flagel
  • AME DL Adrian Tracy
  • AME DL Alani Pututau
  • AME DB Deion Harris
  • AME DB D’Angelo Amos
  • AME DL Jake Hlava
  • AME DL Kony Ealy
  • AME DB Maurice Carnell
  • AME WR Damion Jeanpiere
  • AME WR Jamari Hester
  • AME WR Darece Roberson
  • CDN FB Dion Pellerin
  • CDN WR Sam Baker
  • CDN OL Mojtaba Mehry
  • CDN FB Chase Arseneau – returning to school
  • CDN DL Michael Pezzuto – returning to school
  • GLO DB Tigie Sankoh
  • GLO OL Otavio Amorim

4 hours ago, SiouxBundy said:
1353320627-scaled.jpeg TORONTO, ON - NOVEMBER 12: A Toronto Argonauts helmet after a game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at BMO Field on November 12, 2021 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by John E. Sokolowski/Getty Images)

The Toronto Argonauts won’t begin their regular season until Week 2 at home against the Montreal Alouettes. Nonetheless, the Argos had to make their final roster cuts on Saturday to get down to 45 players for the upcoming season. Toronto can also add up to 15 players to their practice roster before the season starts.

C30D8765-8927-47F9-B93D-FDC19750D8EC-629

For some players, today is one of the best days of their lives. For others, it’s a fork in the road filled with uncertainty.

I

— Eric Sutton (@Pick6EazyE) June 4, 2022

The journey as an Argo still goes on.
Resinged as Practice squad. pic.twitter.com/1NFtA16Z1g

— Toshiki Sato (@Toshikicker16) June 4, 2022

As evidenced by the return of Kicker Toshiki Sato to the Boatmen’s practice squad. Rosters can frequently change from week to week. A week ago, after being released by Toronto, Sato seemed like he might be saying goodbye to the CFL. But instead, a week later, he returns to provide the team insurance for standout kicker Boris Bede.

While these cuts below may be listed as “Final.” In the war of attrition, that is a long football season. There will be many changes as the year progresses. Often weekly changes due to injuries. So perhaps all is not lost for the players who didn’t make the regular season cut. CFL teams can also be rather cagey when it comes to storing additional players on their injured list.

With that in mind, here is the 2022 Toronto Argonauts regular-season roster, written in Double Blue, no doubt, but likely not with a pen.

Toronto Argonauts Roster Cutdown

ARGOS ROSTER TRANSACTIONS – SUNDAY, JUNE 5

TORONTO – The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced the following roster transactions today.

Signed:

• Global K Toshiki Sato

Added to Practice Roster: (12)

• CDN DB Eric Sutton
  • CDN FB Joe Carbone
  • CDN OL Braydon Noll
  • AME DL Julian McCleod
  • AME OL Kofi Appiah
  • AME WR Damonte Coxie
  • AME DB Caleb Holden
  • AME LB Jonathan Jones
  • AME LB Tony Jones
  • AME RB Javon Leake
  • GLO K Toshiki Sato
  • GLO DL Simeon Okonta-Wariso

Released:

• AME DL Connor Flagel
  • AME DL Adrian Tracy
  • AME DL Alani Pututau
  • AME DB Deion Harris
  • AME DB D’Angelo Amos
  • AME DL Jake Hlava
  • AME DL Kony Ealy
  • AME DB Maurice Carnell
  • AME WR Damion Jeanpiere
  • AME WR Jamari Hester
  • AME WR Darece Roberson
  • CDN FB Dion Pellerin
  • CDN WR Sam Baker
  • CDN OL Mojtaba Mehry
  • CDN FB Chase Arseneau – returning to school
  • CDN DL Michael Pezzuto – returning to school
  • GLO DB Tigie Sankoh
  • GLO OL Otavio Amorim

Too bad... But, looks like Holm made the bombers with Olivera. Any word on Santiago or Vrede?

Evan Holm 

WINNIPEG, MB., June 4, 2022 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Released from roster:

National defensive lineman Alfred Green
National defensive back Simon Chaves
National defensive back Chris Ciguineau
American defensive lineman Kenny Randall
National offensive lineman Ben Koczwara
American offensive lineman Jalen Burks
American offensive lineman Patrick Allen
American offensive lineman Dennis Bardwell
American receiver TJ Simmons
American receiver Blake Jackson
American receiver Antonio Nunn
National fullback Antonio Valvano
American defensive back Jermaine Ponder
National running back Kyle Borsa
American receiver Lucky Jackson
National defensive end Rossini Sandjong
National linebacker Eric Mezzalira
National defensive lineman Cole Adamson (returning to school)

Added to practice roster:

American receiver Tavaris Harrison
American kicker Ali Mourtada
American offensive lineman Eric Lofton
National fullback Konner Burtenshaw
American running back Greg McCrae
National defensive back Cedrick Lavigne
American offensive lineman Cameron Durley
National defensive back Patrice Rene
American defensive back Jamal Parker
American defensive back Evan Holm
Global offensive lineman Tomoya Machino
Global defensive back Souleymane Karamok

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2022 at 2:02 PM, jdub27 said:

If I'm interpreting that and a few other sites correctly, I don't think his contract is guaranteed unless he makes the roster as he was signed to a reserve/futures contract. I think only $3,500 of it is guaranteed at this point.
That being said, he's sure seems to be doing all the right things to get there.

That is correct. Nothing is guaranteed unless you make the team. However, even catching on with the practice squad is good money. Probably in the $150,000 for a full season on squad. Good link below on number of active players and earning per school. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/college/

18 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

That is correct. Nothing is guaranteed unless you make the team. However, even catching on with the practice squad is good money. Probably in the $150,000 for a full season on squad. Good link below on number of active players and earning per school. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/college/

That's a cool website.  Thanks for the link.

36 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Wow does that ever put the SEC football dominance into perspective. Even the lower schools are way up there for earnings and active players.

And of course my Tigers are on top.

What a dumb move by Weah. Instead of moving on and being thankful there was no criminal case he could have moved on with his live and take a low profile, his EGO told him it was a good idea to try and transfer because there was no way this allegation was going to stop his football career. Why would he think this transfer would go through without anyone finding out about his suspension???!!! Now this suspension and allegation will follow him on the internet FOREVER! 

Seriously who is giving this kid advice needs to STOP. What a shame…….

• Upvote 1