SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Only every other D1 coach and most D2 coaches in the area… There was a reason the top prospect in the ND and NW MN area had no other offers. It wasn’t because they didn’t think he could play.

Academic issues are nothing UND didn’t expect to deal with, sexual assault was something no ome expected 

12 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Which municipal or district court judge heard this case?  The university is not a court of law.

No but the terms used in a title 9 hearing are very similar to the ones used in a legal trial. The decision maker is essentially the same thing as a judge who finds the accuser guilty or not guilty. 

8 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Only every other D1 coach and most D2 coaches in the area… There was a reason the top prospect in the ND and NW MN area had no other offers. It wasn’t because they didn’t think he could play.

So will you be heading over to Missouri State fan site with your knowledge?

43 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

So will you be heading over to Missouri State fan site with your knowledge?

Missouri State should have known better too, even more so than Bubba. But if your argument is “look, even Bobby Petrino did it so Bubba ain’t so bad”, that says a lot.

It is a case study in everything that is wrong with campus "jurisprudence": It behaves more as a secretive star chamber than a body in pursuit of truth. 

And the lack of transparency compounds the problem. 

Campus should have a system for "< pronoun > hurt my feelings"; however, when there is a charge that fits in the traditional court system that's where the matter belongs. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It is a case study in everything that is wrong with campus "jurisprudence": It behaves more as a secretive star chamber than a body in pursuit of truth. 

And the lack of transparency compounds the problem. 

Campus should have a system for "< pronoun > hurt my feelings"; however, when there is a charge that fits in the traditional court system that's where the matter belongs. 

Are you stating that this victim of Otis’s should not have filed Title IX??Do you have any idea how much courage and strength it must have taken to file a Title IX against one of the best players on a football team who obviously got away this before! As the article stated, she didn’t want her name blasted all over for people to scrutinize her. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Msmith said:

Are you stating that this victim of Otis’s should not have filed Title IX??Do you have any idea how much courage and strength it must have taken to file a Title IX against one of the best players on a football team who obviously got away this before! As the article stated, she didn’t want her name blasted all over for people to scrutinize her. 

This is a serious accusation. It belongs in the public courts.

Actions can be taken to secure the accuser's anonymity yet have a public trial. 

The Title IX star chamber process is ripe for horrible abuse and is why The Fire exists. Not saying it happened here, but I'd rather have sunshine if we're making such accusations. If proven, I want a court of law finding following the guilty for the rest of their life. 

Botton line..... Weah was a train wreck at MHS. That staff babysat him for years. He was a bright shining object to the UND staff. They gambled on him and that gamble was a bust.

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Botton line..... Weah was a train wreck at MHS. That staff babysat him for years. He was a bright shining object to the UND staff. They gambled on him and that gamble was a bust.

I am sure that your bolded statement is not correct!  The coaching staff knew they were taking a chance on him and did their best to make him a better person while allowing him to excel on the field.  I think they were holding their breath every minute he was a UND student. 

10 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I am sure that your bolded statement is not correct!  The coaching staff knew they were taking a chance on him and did their best to make him a better person while allowing him to excel on the field.  I think they were holding their breath every minute he was a UND student. 

Exactly.......the allure of his talent trumped the well known issues which were many hence the shining object analogy.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exactly.......the allure of his talent trumped the well known issues which were many hence the shining object analogy.

Doesn't square with what everyone on this broad has always said that und only recruits players with good character.  Lots of pressure on Bubba to win.

When coaches recruit players they must talk with the players high school coaches.  If so where was Feeney  on this ?

they must be able to get grades and talk about character with the coach?

21 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Doesn't square with what everyone on this broad has always said that und only recruits players with good character.  Lots of pressure on Bubba to win.

There is pressure on college coaches to win??

22 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Just curious. Do UND fans post on NDSU chat board? I never go there but I know a lot of NDSU post on our board. I thought they were done with us. 

I don't know.  I thought Bisonville posts were just people nailing up their opinioins on the barn door on the NDSU campus!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

How dare you blaspheme the metro.  Everything they do is a cut above the upper Midwest.  Everyone knows who the bizon are.  Everyone knows sidewalls aren’t safe when they are in town .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

How dare you blaspheme the metro.  Everything they do is a cut above the upper Midwest.  Everyone knows who the bizon are.  Everyone knows sidewalls aren’t safe when they are in town .

Neither are sidewalks….in good weather. Wait, maybe all weather! Are you referring to the famous photo when you say sidewalls? Maybe my mistake and I apologize. Ya, right!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Neither are sidewalks….in good weather. Wait, maybe all weather! Are you referring to the famous photo when you say sidewalls? Maybe my mistake and I apologize. Ya, right!

That’s what I refer to

• Upvote 1