SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

It says in the article that there is no way Missouri St. could have known about the sexual assault charge.  I call BS.  If that was the case, why were they the only ones that made an offer?  It's not like Otis had some nagging injury.  He is still a great running back that would be a great pickup for many teams.  And No other team offered?  I say  Missouri St coaches knew.  They just didn't think this would come out since he transferred.  

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Ugly all around, including UND football. 

Not sure what UND could do since there are laws covering what can and can't be disclosed.  It's never good to recruit athletes who engage in this behavior though.

Also...I'll never understand why Title IX protects college students who commit sexual assault.  If there's enough evidence, Otis should be charged and stand trial for this.  5 year bans from school are for cheating...not rape imo...

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It says in the article that there is no way Missouri St. could have known about the sexual assault charge.  I call BS.  If that was the case, why were they the only ones that made an offer?  It's not like Otis had some nagging injury.  He is still a great running back that would be a great pickup for many teams.  And No other team offered?  I say  Missouri St coaches knew.  They just didn't think this would come out since he transferred.  

To be fair. I would imagine it took some creative skills to get him academically accepted to a school which is why I expected him to land at an NAIA school somewhere.

7 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Not sure what UND could do since there are laws covering what can and can't be disclosed.  It's never good to recruit athletes who engage in this behavior though.

Also...I'll never understand why Title IX protects college students who commit sexual assault.  If there's enough evidence, Otis should be charged and stand trial for this.  5 year bans from school are for cheating...not rape imo...

Universities want to keep their reported crime rates down.

Unfortunately this also creates a situation for many males in that if you are accused, guilty or not your best move is to just quietly move on and keep a low profile.

Duke, Virginia, and others may ring a bell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Unfortunately this also creates a situation for many males in that if you are accused, guilty or not your best move is to just quietly move on and keep a low profile.

I get that...I do...but I don't really like it.  If there's enough evidence for an indictment, it should be handled in the justice system.  It's a criminal act...not an academic infraction.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Will be interesting if these allegations prove to be false and all charges are dropped.  Wondering if Missouri St, or any school) will be able to or even want to pick him up.

If they are proven false, I could see someone making an offer.  Somebody's life/career shouldn't be drastically affected or ruined if false allegations are made. To make it clear I'm talking in general, I'm not defending Weah or anything as I have no idea as to what happened and I'm not saying the allegations are false. 

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

If they are proven false, I could see someone making an offer.  Somebody's life/career shouldn't be drastically affected or ruined if false allegations are made. To make it clear I'm talking in general, I'm not defending Weah or anything as I have no idea as to what happened and I'm not saying the allegations are false. 

Otis was found guilty….five years suspension…how can they be proven false? The hearing happened and he was found guilty!

20 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Will be interesting if these allegations prove to be false and all charges are dropped.  Wondering if Missouri St, or any school) will be able to or even want to pick him up.

What are you not understanding about the article? The hearing happened in January of 2022 and he was found guilty. The allegations were proven, in a hearing by a judge, to be true.

10 minutes ago, NDRA said:

You think Bubba let him play knowing these allegations?  Not saying allegations are proof.  Wonder when it supposedly happened?

The hearing was in January of 2022?  How long do these things take?   Bubba should have cut his losses a long, long time ago.

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

A case of false accusations leading to the accused being wrongfully expelled happened right here at UND about 12 years ago. His expulsion was eventually overturned and an arrest warrant was issued for the liar. I don't remember if she was ever brought to court. 

*edit* I purposely left his name out. Let's not use it here. He doesn't need yet another internet search result linking his name and the false accusations against him.

5 minutes ago, N of GF said:

A case of false accusations leading to the accused being wrongfully expelled happened right here at UND about 12 years ago. His expulsion was eventually overturned and an arrest warrant was issued for the liar. I don't remember if she was ever brought to court. 

*edit* I purposely left his name out. Let's not use it here. He doesn't need yet another internet search result linking his name and the false accusations against him.

Are you seriously posting this? People like you are the reason more females do not report sexual assault. Shame on you! 

• Downvote 5

2 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Mssmith had it right all along. 

I'll admit it, I thought initially the stories were unfair to Otis, but it appears to be true and I was wrong.   Now I'm starting to wonder what else Otis got away with at UND?     It seems like Bubba pampered Otis for 3 years.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Msmith said:

Are you seriously posting this? People like you are the reason more females do not report sexual assault. Shame on you! 

Uhm. What? I was replying to a comment about how people are treated in these situations, even if the accusations are false.

It was a long time ago, maybe my memory has failed me. Did I say something untrue?