SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

The more that comes out, I think it is just a good thing that we no longer have to worry about Otis from a fan standpoint. Could have had a tremendous college career, but chose to throw it all away after multiple opportunities.

Hopefully his brother doesn't bring the same character flaws, and chooses his own path.

Ready for the season to get going!

• Upvote 3

Siouxfan512….your words ring true. I clearly remember my first rape case (and most of them)… first year as an RN and a 13 year old girl crying in the room. I stopped at the door. Absolutely nothing had prepared me for this. You and your friend did the right thing and I can only imagine your fear about being accused.

We know Otis made some bad choices; innocent or guilty we can’t say. I pray for the girls involved and hope they get help.

For us, let’s just move on and realize what happens at big colleges on the coasts can happen here. Poor coaching staff with all of this hanging over them and trying to be a role model for the team….

ONLY 75 DAYS UNTIL KICK OFF!! And my seat is the end zone row 14.

Time to close this chapter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'll put this as tactfully as I can, believing all women are telling the truth, would be as ignorant as believing that all men are telling the truth. There is a huge grey area in there, and each case is different as it involves different types of people. 

Personally, I would hope all women would report their assault and be honest about it. I am 100% behind holding people accountable for their actions. Unfortunately, there are those out there that aren't honest and have the nerve to make false accusations for a variety of reasons. False accusations can be just as traumatic and life altering for an innocent guy as an assaults could be for a girl. This is by no means intended to say accusations should not be made when an actual even occurs, just that an accusation made cannot be immediately accepted as the Gospel truth.

I know when I was in college I had someone question me and a friend for simply helping another friend (who was black out drunk) out of a bad situation with a creepy guy, and getting her back to her dorm. We were then questioned by her BF as though we had done something wrong because she couldn't remember what had happened the next day. Ultimately we tried being the good guys, getting her out of a bad situation, back to her dorm where she was safe. Like I said, there is a lot of grey area and the point is to not jump to conclusions based on initial comments, accusations or questions. Thankfully, about a week after this all took place something clicked and this gal remembered the night a little clearer and that we had helped her out and taken care of her. Not all guys are good, but I can say from my own brief and minor experience, that even having 1 or 2 people question your intentions is awful. Can't imagine people who are falsely accused of something and have there lives, images, futures, etc. completely destroyed.

Well done, I hope your personal experience has not hampered you going forward in doing the right thing 

6 hours ago, N of GF said:

Walter Cronkite was just as biased as any of them are today. The only difference is there weren't so many other sources around to highlight his distortions. His most well know distortions were regarding the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War. 

Bingo

3 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

Well done, I hope your personal experience has not hampered you going forward in doing the right thing 

I just remember when this gal and her bf even questioned us, we were more mad than anything. At that age I think I was pretty clueless about the long standing ramifications of those kinds of issues. And like I said before, my experience with that situation was extremely minor. There weren’t hard accusations of anything and I’m not going to go into the details of it all, but it doesn’t take much for someone to throw accusations around which is the scary part.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Hoping I am riding a bike and able to jump up and ride off at that age, and able to drink water witbh one hand and not struggle down a walking ramp.

Depends 0n who you are talking about and which way the wind is blowing

9 hours ago, Kab said:

Depends 0n who you are talking about and which way the wind is blowing

Only one guy comes to mind when it comes to drinking water with one hand or walking down a ramp by himself (now see what you started). Go Sioux!  

37 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Only one guy comes to mind when it comes to drinking water with one hand or walking down a ramp by himself (now see what you started). Go Sioux!  

I know who I would bet on

The forum communications stirring the pot.  UND may have known something was going on.  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/north-dakota/und-football-star-played-most-of-season-while-sex-assault-investigation-was-underway

The reporter for forums communication has his own issues.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/UPDATE-Court-papers-reveal-details-behind-arrest-of-WDAY-reporter-568667961.html

Is the forum upset on the bid.  Just saying.

I doubt Bubba was playing him if the university said he couldn’t play

there must be rules that they follow when someone is accused of something

can they play until a hearing is held?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Kab said:

I doubt Bubba was playing him if the university said he couldn’t play

there must be rules that they follow when someone is accused of something

can they play until a hearing is held?

No way in hell Bubba would play him if he knew and UND informed him.

• Upvote 2

I saw it on DAZ, it sounded at least to me like a lot of people knew but couldn't say anything to the athletic dept.   For now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.   I would like to know the real reason Bubba left Otis home when they said he was sick.   That part of the story seems off.

LMAO

A whole lot of guessing, unfounded accusations and assumptions in that "news story". 

Impressive they got a lawyer  who literally knows how little info on these investigations gets formally released and then literally said that people probably should have leaked or tipped others off. All while (I assume) making assumptions on who would know what. I hope he has higher standards and expectations when he's representing someone. Wow... 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

LMAO

A whole lot of guessing, unfounded accusations and assumptions in that "news story". 

Impressive they got a lawyer  who literally knows how little info on these investigations gets formally released and then literally said that people probably should have leaked or tipped others off. All while (I assume) making assumptions on who would know what. I hope he has higher standards and expectations when he's representing someone. Wow... 

Why doesn't Bubba hold a press conference and clear the air?

26 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Why doesn't Bubba hold a press conference and clear the air?

Because this is WAY above Bubba’s pay grade. I am sure he reported what was being said…. I mean, locker room talk. Some of those players must have come to him. Then Bubba’s job is to wait….

Been there, done that over something pretty serious. A casual statement that this should be looked into…. Heard nothing NOTHING for 6 weeks. Then a meeting. The director of nursing said she looked into it. I was like WHAT? That 2 minute conversation is looking into it? Did you ask me to review the chart? No.

Sorry, I give Bubba the benefit of the doubt and he absolutely can not comment publicly. And why would he? The AD can clear his own name..

10 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

The forum communications stirring the pot.  UND may have known something was going on.  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/north-dakota/und-football-star-played-most-of-season-while-sex-assault-investigation-was-underway

The reporter for forums communication has his own issues.

https://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/UPDATE-Court-papers-reveal-details-behind-arrest-of-WDAY-reporter-568667961.html

Is the forum upset on the bid.  Just saying.

The fact that it wasn't behind a the paywall...  means it is pure click bait.  Absolutely no information.  Seriously it was basically a summary of a thread on Bisonville and thats a low bar folks.