SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Attendance

darell1976

If our two starting safeties played Saturday.....we win the game.  I am disappointed however that our offense didn't pick up the slack more and grind out more offense in the second half.  We don't have the depth we need yet, Bubba has only had one recruiting class.....which a number of true freshman are already contributing.  I know you are not suppose to blame injuries, but when you don't have the depth you need and you have a big drop off in talent and experience at safety, that has a direct impact on the game especially on a pass heavy team.   Part of me wondered when we hired Bubba, if we were just hiring him because he is a UND guy, so I get that.  But from everything I've seen he appears to be a good head coach and recruiter and things definitely appear to be going in the right direction.  We won't know for a couple more years though what the true end results are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What was the attendance Saturday?

I agree night games would be great until October isn't the season usually over by then. Should be if ISU puts up that many passing yards what will MSU do. Good luck. 

Wonder what meaningful games in November are like?  Guess we will never know

It was announced at 9,100 which looked believable. November always takes a dip and no reason to think it won't this year. It was less than 10 years ago that SU had no meaningful games in November for more than 20 years - what goes around comes around. Funny with all there is to talk about at bison-swill you still find the need to come here- pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9138 is our average through 3 games

8391 was the average through 3 games last year

Attendance is up 747 about a 6% increase

Capacity is 74.4% filled

Just remember this is Bubba's second year, and attendance is rising so he must be doing something right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mussman? Is that you? Stop trolling the forums! jk

Optimism comes from an uptick recruiting. Optimism comes from a 4-1 start. Optimism comes from the best defensive team we have had in years. 

You do have a very good run defense, which would serve you well in the MVFC. However, UND is in the Big Sky, and against the top teams in the BSC, your lack of a pass defense is going to get you killed. UND has to stop making it a priority to build their team around stopping the Bison. This isn't the 80's and 90's anymore. 

Being a run oriented offense in the BSC will help, but you need to build your defense on getting pressure on the QB and having safeties that can cover not just make the big hit.

You do have a very good run defense, which would serve you well in the MVFC. However, UND is in the Big Sky, and against the top teams in the BSC, your lack of a pass defense is going to get you killed. UND has to stop making it a priority to build their team around stopping the Bison. This isn't the 80's and 90's anymore. 

Being a run oriented offense in the BSC will help, but you need to build your defense on getting pressure on the QB and having safeties that can cover not just make the big hit.

I know Bison fans love to think all UND thinks about is them but you haven't been paying attention to the DBs that have been brought in this offseason and the last two recruiting classes. 

The staff went through one season and recognized they needed significant upgrade in the secondary and it's currently a night and day difference to what it was two years ago.  If it wasn't for a dirty block by the Bison, we would be sitting good at safety right now as we don't have the depth yet. 

I know Bison fans love to think all UND thinks about is them but you haven't been paying attention to the DBs that have been brought in this offseason and the last two recruiting classes. 

The staff went through one season and recognized they needed significant upgrade in the secondary and it's currently a night and day difference to what it was two years ago.  If it wasn't for a dirty block by the Bison, we would be sitting good at safety right now as we don't have the depth yet. 

gee thanks.  we will be sure to pass that on to Bubba.  I'm sure that he never considered that.  now move along bV is calling you.

Way to include NDSU in there, llike what they run matters at all.  Another stupid post.

From what I gathered last week, they are dealing with some injuries.  I was surprised to not see UND send some more blitzes.  Regardless, they are far from the finished product.  They looked much better than the UND team I saw get ran out of their own building by Montana a couple years back.

I don't think it matters all that much what conference you are in.  If you can't stop the pass at all, people will throw on you.  If you can't stop the run, people will do that.  MVFC vs. BSC doesn't matter in that case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Remember we have hockey game on Saturday night.  Our fans get way to tired to go to2 games in the same day.  Crowd will not be what you might think.

If anything, I would think that attendance would be higher.  The Saturday basketball games in winter that coincide with a men's hockey series usually have good attendance.  The best marketing for the football game would be done at the Friday night hockey game.

• Upvote 2

If anything, I would think that attendance would be higher.  The Saturday basketball games in winter that coincide with a men's hockey series usually have good attendance.  The best marketing for the football game would be done at the Friday night hockey game.

I think part of the reason Saturday basketball games have higher attendance is because people can just go right over to the Ralph. 

This. Someone who is at the Friday game should keep an eye our for this. I would be very disappointed if they did not have any promotion during the hockey game.

Maybe a discount for those who present their Friday or Saturday hockey ticket when buying their football ticket?

• Upvote 2

Guesses for Saturday? Weather looks like 55 and sunny. Most meaningful game in D1 era. However, I'm not sure too many people know this team still has a chance at the playoffs and it seems 1 pm starts draw smaller crowds. I'll say 8,200. 

The last home game had 7,000 people.

Last year, the last two home games were 6,000 each.

This Saturday about 6,500. 

Edited by Cratter

Lately attendance to me is neither here nor there.  While I like having a large crowd, it seems like many of those have no interest or they're on their damn phones!!!!!  The crowd left in the 4th qtr, regardless of score, are the "true" fans and we like to amp it up when it needs to be. Not a better feeling in the sports world as to when you get under the opposing teams skin.  I would absolutely love it if there were 10000 +  that would Just bring it!!!  Man that would great!  Whatever the attendance might be,  you need to be heard Saturday!  These kids live off of that!  See you Saturday 

• Upvote 4

Lately attendance to me is neither here nor there.  While I like having a large crowd, it seems like many of those have no interest or they're on their damn phones!!!!!  The crowd left in the 4th qtr, regardless of score, are the "true" fans and we like to amp it up when it needs to be. Not a better feeling in the sports world as to when you get under the opposing teams skin.  I would absolutely love it if there were 10000 +  that would Just bring it!!!  Man that would great!  Whatever the attendance might be,  you need to be heard Saturday!  These kids live off of that!  See you Saturday 

I'll take 5,000 rowdy fans over 10,000 docile fans every day and twice on Sundays.

• Upvote 1

Most meaningful game in D1 era.

For the last two years over half of this board was saying that the FU game was the biggest game of the DI era.  

After Wyoming most said that was the most meaningful game of the DI era. 

Edited by dakotadan

If UND , along with their gift - the REA, don't make a conscious effort to market Saturday's important football game on Friday night, then I will lose a tremendous amount of hope. If UND can't recognize football for what it is - the most popular sport in America - and try to capitilze off of that, then they are beyond brainwashed. 

Use the damn video boards a couple times and advertise the game, making note of the playoff opportunity.

• Upvote 4