SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Attendance

darell1976

Attendance today was 6,996.  Biggest home game of the DI era, and nobody saw it.  Students were weak as usual.  So was the rest of the building.  

Really embarrassing on the student section.  The 14 that showed, 2 could be heard.  I guess the students nowadays dislike cheering for their classmates and school!?  

Used to be the students started chants, razzed the opposing teams.....now......now it's a chore.  Really sad actually.  The players feed off the students and us fans as well but the connection to the students was visible, as it should be.  

Bubba has tried nearly every option to try and promote his team to the students.  guess they're just waiting for the wagon to jump on instead. 

Really embarrassing on the student section.  The 14 that showed, 2 could be heard.  I guess the students nowadays dislike cheering for their classmates and school!?  

Used to be the students started chants, razzed the opposing teams.....now......now it's a chore.  Really sad actually.  The players feed off the students and us fans as well but the connection to the students was visible, as it should be.  

Bubba has tried nearly every option to try and promote his team to the students.  guess they're just waiting for the wagon to jump on instead. 

Got a lot of grief for stating only 1% of students were hard core fans and were knowledgeable nickname voters.  Looks like it's really 0.1%.

• Upvote 1

Attendance today was 6,996.  Biggest home game of the DI era, and nobody saw it.  Students were weak as usual.  So was the rest of the building.  

No explanation for students, but the fact that this was opening weekend for GFYHA play couldn't have helped vis-a-vis area families.  Looked like there were games back-to-back-to-back at ICON all day.

Got a lot of grief for stating only 1% of students were hard core fans and were knowledgeable nickname voters.  Looks like it's really 0.1%.

Students had to get their priority tickets for  mens hockey at the alerus yesterday.  The usual long line all day at the ralph was not there, so they must have gone to the alerus for hockey tickets, then left???

Edited by sprig

but hockey.

Folks, it will take longer than two years to get the public excited about FB again. We spent years in the wilderness of a bad transition period and a horrible start to the Big Sky era. Give Bubba another two years of recruits and big wins and we'll have the student section we had from 2001-05; loud, crazy and a thorn in the visiting team's side.

• Upvote 1

Maybe chance the policy so it requires students to attend the football game and then receive the hockey tickets after the football game is over. Make those ungrateful students suffer through a boring old football game.

the policy stated that priority tickets are not valid unless punched at end of the game. I assume most just bypassed priority and stood in line at the Ralph.

UND students were weak this year at FB games and they were pathetic last night at the hockey game.  The students who came to FB were loud but there weren't enough of them. Students at hockey were there in numbers, but nothing creative nor original come has out of these students in quite some time.  The students used to be able to fire up the athletic teams.  Now it takes the team to fire up the crowd.   How did we "dumb down" our student fans? They show such a lack of class with the "who's he, he sucks sh#*" at the beginning.  Have students become so shallow that they can't do better?   I doubt they are studying rather than going to campus activities. Other than drinking what are they doing?  Do the students participate in any campus activities other  than hockey anymore?

• Upvote 1

UND students were weak this year at FB games and they were pathetic last night at the hockey game.  The students who came to FB were loud but there weren't enough of them. Students at hockey were there in numbers, but nothing creative nor original come has out of these students in quite some time.  The students used to be able to fire up the athletic teams.  Now it takes the team to fire up the crowd.   How did we "dumb down" our student fans? They show such a lack of class with the "who's he, he sucks sh#*" at the beginning.  Have students become so shallow that they can't do better?   I doubt they are studying rather than going to campus activities. Other than drinking what are they doing?  Do the students participate in any campus activities other  than hockey anymore?

Smart phones have dumbed us down. Sat at the top of the student section last night and noticed so many students on there phones and a whole bunch of them with snapchat and there cameras open to try to capture a goal or the fans after a goal.

Smart phones have dumbed us down. Sat at the top of the student section last night and noticed so many students on there phones and a whole bunch of them with snapchat and there cameras open to try to capture a goal or the fans after a goal.

Too many students go to hockey games just to "go and be cool" and just won't care about the game. It is why I enjoyed the Fargo regional so much... the students that went were the die-hards.

Edited by SWSiouxMN
  • Upvote 2

Exacyly what I was going to say.   They're more interested in where amy is!?   You can see the tops of heads everywhere!  Sickening, just sickening!  

Exacyly what I was going to say.   They're more interested in where amy is!?   You can see the tops of heads everywhere!  Sickening, just sickening!  

How dare people have different interests and priorities than I do? You know what else sucks? When you people with season tickets complain and make the students sit down in the lower bowl, and then complain even more that we don't get into it. Kinda hard some times then. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the policy stated that priority tickets are not valid unless punched at end of the game. I assume most just bypassed priority and stood in line at the Ralph.

There was not anyone in line at the ralph early like usual, and just a handful when the women's game finished.

There was not anyone in line at the ralph early like usual, and just a handful when the women's game finished.

Aside from the first two rows, there was no spirit at the football game in the student section. It was pretty clear the rest of the students were there to get their priority hockey tickets.

This has been going on since the 1980's in the Old REA. And the hockey student section has been neutered by REA management in their quest to impose a "family friendly" atmosphere at games. I am surprised they don't do "Patty Cake" on the big screen so everybody can sing along with their toddlers. :silly:

• Upvote 3