SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Attendance

darell1976

Who knows maybe some people will want to see the Santiago show in person. He made one hell of an impression last game especially.

That's a good point, some people attach themselves to a figure, a super star player.  Can Santiago carry the day on a more regional basis to stir up fan support in Grand Forks????  I hope so.

These 1 pm games in November are a tough sell......especially in the midst of deer hunting season.  Now I get there is hockey as well but even a 230 pm start would probably add some more butts in the seats.

These 1 pm games in November are a tough sell......especially in the midst of deer hunting season.  Now I get there is hockey as well but even a 230 pm start would probably add some more butts in the seats.

It would also give a little more breathing room for Volleyball to be better attended. NOw if you want to see both you have to leave VB early or arrive at FB late. Would have liked to give Hart, Clarke and Giebrecht a better Senior Day send off than what I expect will happen on Saturday.  

And make it difficult for those of us who have season tickets to both to make it to REA in time for that game. There are no easy solutions for these "triple-header" weekends.

It would also give a little more breathing room for Volleyball to be better attended. NOw if you want to see both you have to leave VB early or arrive at FB late. Would have liked to give Hart, Clarke and Giebrecht a better Senior Day send off than what I expect will happen on Saturday.  

I will be at both volleyball and football tomorrow, just like I was two weeks ago.  It sounds like the senior recognition for volleyball is after the game.  When is football's?

I think record has more to do with attendance than hunting. I think attendance in 2001 and 2003 and throughout the Lennon era produced good numbers in November compared to our DI attendance numbers. If UND were 7-2 (if we were to beat ISU and WSU) instead of 5-4 this wouldn't be an issue. If the REA had afternoon hockey and football at night the Ralph would be sold out.

• Upvote 1

Don't they usually honor the seniors during the last regular season home game? I know hockey does it like that.

Pretty sure he was kidding, but also putting a glimmer of hope that we will a) make the playoffs, and b) get to host the first round game.

• Upvote 1

They honor the seniors before the team runs out of the tunnel. A lot of people miss it since it's before the game.

Count me in the bunch that will miss it.  Even if the VB team sweeps, I doubt I could make there in time.  I'll be there to make noise when it counts, though.

• Upvote 2

James Madison has been outbid before. Really wouldn't be a surprise to see it happen. 

If you are referring to 2011 when E. Kentucky hosted and JMU went on the road for the first round game.  That was a unique situation because the Ohio Valley Conference paid for E Kentucky to host in hopes that they would finally get a playoff win. IIRC