SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Looks like about 270 or so tickets remaining for UND (91% sold).
For comparison, NDSU has around 750 remaining (84% sold) and SDSU currently doesn't list any tickets for sale as of this morning.

Could "outdoors" be working in SDSU's favor? 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Could "outdoors" be working in SDSU's favor? 

I think part of it is a donor purchased a pretty large number of student tickets and that ate up a good portion.
Forecast for Brookings is a high of 49* with a 10-15 mph wind. Not exactly balmy but not terrible. 

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I think part of it is a donor purchased a pretty large number of student tickets and that ate up a good portion.
Forecast for Brookings is a high of 49* with a 10-15 mph wind. Not exactly balmy but not terrible. 

Sanford did 

22 minutes ago, Sioux90 said:

A strong playoff will really help this program. As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted the football program to have success like the hockey program. Maybe this is the year it happens. Someone needs to put the farm school back in its place, right? 

Yes, UND football needs to be back on people’s radar, and going further in the playoffs than the Bison is good start.  (Not quite as good actually BEATING them, but I digress...). And it’s not just state or national radar, it’s actually Grand Forks and UND radar.  I work with a UND student who asked me what I was doing this weekend, and I told him that I would be watching the football game, and his response was that he didn’t pay much attention to football, but follows hockey.  That’s a huge problem.  He’s young enough that he doesn’t remember the glory days of UND football, so maybe I can cut him slack since UND hasn’t given him much to cheer for in his lifetime.  But I know older people who actually went to UND, attended home playoff games, etc. and football has fallen off their radar as well.  We need football as part of the regular conversation for UND and Grand Forks.  

• Upvote 4