SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

When was our regular season game with Mo State scheduled?  Were we preparing for them at one point, or didn’t we ever have to?  I feel like it should work to our advantage that our coaches have at least thought about the possibility of playing Mo State. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Obviously the focus is to get a win this week. But I am just curious, what determines where the next round is played? I assume if JMU wins, we would play there, but if VMI were to pull the upset, would we host again?

Higher seeded teams host.  Seeded teams host over unseeded teams.  If two unseeded teams are set to play, highest bid hosts.  So our bid would need to be bigger than VMI.  

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Higher seeded teams host.  Seeded teams host over unseeded teams.  If two unseeded teams are set to play, highest bid hosts.  So our bid would need to be bigger than VMI.  

So in the perfect scenario, we would have to outbid NDSU to host a semifinal matchup?

I know there has been a lot of ups and downs this awkward spring season, but I do think the playoffs were set up to end the season on a high note and keep excitement their in the fall for FCS. I know Izzo in Fargo has been very negative about the spring, but that's all because he is watching the downfall of the Bison empire and he is basically on the coaching staff. I personally am glad they didn't just say screw it lets cancel. 

• Upvote 4

Definitely a little nervous about this team being a little rusty after so much time off, though it isn't like they haven't been working and preparing week in and week out. Score early and get that run game going. It would be great to see a game like the last time Missouri State came to town, purely to be able to get more guys out there and knock more rust off.

52 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Definitely a little nervous about this team being a little rusty after so much time off, though it isn't like they haven't been working and preparing week in and week out. Score early and get that run game going. It would be great to see a game like the last time Missouri State came to town, purely to be able to get more guys out there and knock more rust off.

SDSU's last game before playing the Bison was on March 20th.  a 28 day layoff between games.  Our last game was also March 20th.  We will have a 35 day layoff between games.  SDSU was able to overcome that and have a pretty dominating performance against a top ranked Bison team.  Hopefully we can do the same.

1 hour ago, Riverhawk said:

For some some reason it just doesn’t seem right if it has to come down to $$$, especially if a team has a better record. 

It's been like that forever it seems.  I think they should always seed the top 16 teams every year and the highest team hosts.  But the NCAA wants to make as much money as possible, so they use the current system.