SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

They said the game is televised on Midco Sports Net.  I have not seen that published elsewhere.  Anybody have any insight?

Must have been error, Epsn owns all the rights for the playoffs.  Game is on ESPN 3 ... streaming only channel 

8 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Curious why the reasons he is a real life turd make you think he can't coach.  Maybe it is the one thing he can do...    not that it will mean they have what it takes to defeat the Sawks...

I agree, he wouldn't have gotten to where he was at one point if he wasn't any good.  If this would have been 5 years ago and Rudy was still here, I'd say without a doubt we would be getting out coached in this game.  I think their team will be well prepared, but I think ours will too.   It is just way to easy.....and hard not to take pot shots at Petrino though lol. 

18 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

To be fair to Kenny, he was loyal to the coaching staff that recruited him. I think he would have stayed if the staff hadn't been gutted.

I completely agree with this. I do think with the coaches leaving it is a different situation

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/6997541-Five-things-to-know-about-UND-footballs-playoff-opponent-Missouri-State#.YIJAmMofupQ.twitter

A big factor for this game is who will be under center for the Bears.

3. We still don't know Missouri State's QB

It remains a guessing game who Missouri State will start at quarterback.

The Bears have rotated between Jaden Johnson and Matt Struck.

Struck suffered a concussion in Missouri State's final game against Youngstown State and didn't participate in workouts last week.

Struck was the Idaho State quarterback in 2019 when UND was beat 55-20 in Pocatello. Struck was 23-for-41 passing for 396 yards and five touchdowns in that game.

This year, Struck has played in six games and is 41-for-64 passing for 477 yards and two touchdowns. Johnson has played in seven games. He's 92-for-165 for three touchdowns to six interceptions.

Johnson, a Southern Miss transfer, is considered more of the running threat, as he has carried 87 times for 76 yards. Struck has carried 18 times for 15 yards.

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/6997541-Five-things-to-know-about-UND-footballs-playoff-opponent-Missouri-State#.YIJAmMofupQ.twitter

A big factor for this game is who will be under center for the Bears.

3. We still don't know Missouri State's QB

It remains a guessing game who Missouri State will start at quarterback.

The Bears have rotated between Jaden Johnson and Matt Struck.

Struck suffered a concussion in Missouri State's final game against Youngstown State and didn't participate in workouts last week.

Struck was the Idaho State quarterback in 2019 when UND was beat 55-20 in Pocatello. Struck was 23-for-41 passing for 396 yards and five touchdowns in that game.

This year, Struck has played in six games and is 41-for-64 passing for 477 yards and two touchdowns. Johnson has played in seven games. He's 92-for-165 for three touchdowns to six interceptions.

Johnson, a Southern Miss transfer, is considered more of the running threat, as he has carried 87 times for 76 yards. Struck has carried 18 times for 15 yards.

Pretty much every Idaho QB has done that to UND.

Are those numbers right for JJ? If so I am not to worried. 

35 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Appears to be a little more than 200 seats remaining on Ticketmaster. A few upper deck sections on the visitor's side, only end zones left on UND's side. Hope the Al is still as loud as ever on Saturday!

I have two tix posted in the ticket section.  If you're looking to go, want to sit in the lower section, pay face value and want to avoid the TM fees, let me know!