SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

18 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don't know about you, I was entertained watching the game on my big screen in my living room. TBH, I am just happy that they got over the hump and got the win in the first round. I attended one game this season against USD and except for the smaller crowd and the extended press box being on north catwalk, I enjoyed being there. 

yeah the one game i went to was the USD game...the turf, unis, the logo....Alerus has stepped it up..fun game

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, shep said:

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every game this year.

I recall how loud the Alerus was during the playoff games years ago, and was impressed how loud the much smaller crowd was the last couple of games.

it’s been a different season with a better atmosphere.

i really wish they could do something seating on the catwalks...something like at the ralph in the club rooms...one or two rows kinda hanging over the endzone......heck even something up by the smaller "big screens" some type of club rooms up there?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i really wish they could do something seating on the catwalks...something like at the ralph in the club rooms...one or two rows kinda hanging over the endzone......heck even something up by the smaller "big screens" some type of club rooms up there?

Catwalks are my favorite place to watch a game from. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yeah the one game i went to was the USD game...the turf, unis, the logo....Alerus has stepped it up..fun game

I'll be honest, I really loved spring football. It was kind of neat. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Catwalks are my favorite place to watch a game from. 

still wonder why they have'nt added an outside elevated porch overlooking the south parking lot...you could access it from the south catwalk and step outside and have a breath of fresh air or overlook the tailgating...fly flags on gameday??? have a bar out there too?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

still wonder why they have'nt added an outside elevated porch overlooking the south parking lot...you could access it from the south catwalk and step outside and have a breath of fresh air or overlook the tailgating...fly flags on gameday??? have a bar out there too?

This is a great idea.  Heck, you could even have the Champions Club tailgate up there before the games! Open up the tailgate lot for more fans to get a spot.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Goon said:

Ah, this has been standard all season long in hockey and football. It’s the new normal. Seriously, we can all get it on our smartphones. 

When I look at your post, was there anything that you enjoyed or appreciated? We're lucky to have a football game at all.  This has been a pandemic shortened and challenged season. Aren't you happy they won? 

It's the little things that separate a mediocre program from a top level program. Yes, NCAA controlled some of the little things, but not all. Could UND have posted a game roster with both teams on them on the football site? Could they have had photos of the starting players on the big screen when they were announced. I realize they were pretty busy releasing the urgently needed 2021-22 hockey schedule the week of the football teams biggest game to date, but could have found an intern to do some of this. 

54 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

It's the little things that separate a mediocre program from a top level program. Yes, NCAA controlled some of the little things, but not all. Could UND have posted a game roster with both teams on them on the football site? Could they have had photos of the starting players on the big screen when they were announced. I realize they were pretty busy releasing the urgently needed 2021-22 hockey schedule the week of the football teams biggest game to date, but could have found an intern to do some of this. 

I’ll guarantee you that if you would have been at NDSU’s home game on Saturday against EWU, you would have seen no players’ faces on the big screen .... that’s because the NCAA doesn’t do it at any of its FCS playoff sites. 

1 minute ago, Teeder11 said:

Today your old man would be able to get them for free on his phone. 24/7. 

he had zero tech skills...funny story...tried to teach him how to use a computer/mouse....told him to put the mouse over a folder and double-click...he literally picked up the mouse and moved it over the monitor and clicked...i walked away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

You mean like this?

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/4/21/football-notes-no-7-und-ready-for-fcs-playoff-opener-vs-no-12-missouri-state.aspx

These notes on both teams were available to everyone 3 days prior to game day. 

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

he had zero tech skills...funny story...tried to teach him how to use a computer/mouse....told him to put the mouse over a folder and double-click...he literally picked up the mouse and moved it over the monitor and clicked...i walked away.

I like your old man already.. he was trolling you!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

You mean like this?

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/4/21/football-notes-no-7-und-ready-for-fcs-playoff-opener-vs-no-12-missouri-state.aspx

Before every game I print off the 2 deep and roster for both teams.  It comes in pretty handy.

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

You mean like this?

Well I am willing to say I stand corrected, I went looking for it before the game and all I found was roster listings from games during the spring season. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Well I am willing to say I stand corrected, I went looking for it before the game and all I found was roster listings from games during the spring season. 

A post like that has to come from a great fan! Also, you drove many miles and Saturday to watch this game - hope you come back again.

• Upvote 2