SiouxSports.com Forum

Missouri State vs UND 4/24/21 1st Round Playoff Game

SiouxFan100

So Canadian players, and bad team mates aside .... What is the plan for Saturday?

Will we see more of a TE coming into help the line block, or are we confident with the protection we have?

Will we see a much heavier dose of Otis than we did in Fargo? We better!

Does Maag finally get going more?

How many catches does belquist get? He seems to catch everything at the sideline, would be nice to see him get something in space to see what he can do.

Does Brock see the field, and if he does, how impactful can he be having not played a snap all season?

How involved do they get Quincy? I feel like this has been an opportunity that they have not taken enough advantage of this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

So Canadian players, and bad team mates aside .... What is the plan for Saturday?

Will we see more of a TE coming into help the line block, or are we confident with the protection we have?

Will we see a much heavier dose of Otis than we did in Fargo? We better!

Does Maag finally get going more?

How many catches does belquist get? He seems to catch everything at the sideline, would be nice to see him get something in space to see what he can do.

Does Brock see the field, and if he does, how impactful can he be having not played a snap all season?

How involved do they get Quincy? I feel like this has been an opportunity that they have not taken enough advantage of this year.

UNDFootball360 guys say no Brock until fall.  Our defense needs to step up big and shutdown their offense.  Make them one dimensional in the first qtr.  

Heavy dose on running the ball.

16 hours ago, ksixpack said:

I'm guessing he wouldn't be transferring if there wasn't another "better" opportunity for him already lined up.  These new transfer rules are really going to hurt FCS teams as well as lower D1 teams in all other sports.  If you excel in FCS football or D1 in a non-power 5 conference you will probably have a chance to go to a power five team or, at least a better program, as a transfer.  It's going to be tough for UND, NDSU, etc for all sports. Lone exception would be UND hockey as they are top dog at any level of college and have already snatched up 4 studs from the transfer portal for next year.  The rich will get richer, the poor will get poorer and as a result, the level of play between the big dogs and mid level dogs will increasingly become a lot wider.

Kids can be delusional though. Yes some of these guys will land in better situations, but in this case, I don't see that happening.

11 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Kids can be delusional though. Yes some of these guys will land in better situations, but in this case, I don't see that happening.

Its not all that different than the delusion of "some" of the Bison fan base. NDSU could absolutely go FBS, but would it really put them in a better position? They sell out, they typically dominate, they win titles and they produce NFL players. Move into a low grad FBS conference, and you could potentially lose all of that. Now if you were to get a shot at a power 5, then yeah, how do you not take that. But I wouldn't necessarily jump the FCS ship to be a mid to low level MAC team either.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its not all that different than the delusion of "some" of the Bison fan base. NDSU could absolutely go FBS, but would it really put them in a better position? They sell out, they typically dominate, they win titles and they produce NFL players. Move into a low grad FBS conference, and you could potentially lose all of that. Now if you were to get a shot at a power 5, then yeah, how do you not take that. But I wouldn't necessarily jump the FCS ship to be a mid to low level MAC team either.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Couldn't agree more. Look at the 3-4 guys the Bison have had quit for "better opportunities" this spring, zero have moved on to better spots (Cofield to Western Kentucky is a step down. Don't care that they are FBS) 

Another thing I love is how the Bison still claim Jabril Cox. BRO HE QUIT ON YOU!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boomer 40AAA said:

Dr Death aka Dave Fennell

17 hours ago, Boomer 40AAA said:

Also Greg Lotysz

14 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

In 80's we had big pipeline with the Blue Bombers having regional rights to players and a lot of them came to UND.

Milson Jones, John Ulmer, Jeff Jauch, Robson brothers, Stan Mikawos

1 hour ago, Nodak61 said:

Lorin McCasin, Neville Scarlett, Kevin Robson, Paul Sedin, Tim Prinsen, Dallas Rysaavy, Darcy Dahlem- all from canada and stuck it out. 

all 80's and 90's and a some I don't recognize maybe earlier??  My "All Canadian Trader" comment was about the past 5-6 years when a commitment isn't a commitment anymore.  I directed it at the Canadian guys cause we had some really good ones flake.  More fairly, it's just the norm across College Football and it takes away from the game, which sucks!!  It was much more amusing when the transfers were just happening down south in Fargo.

7 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Couldn't agree more. Look at the 3-4 guys the Bison have had quit for "better opportunities" this spring, zero have moved on to better spots (Cofield to Western Kentucky is a step down. Don't care that they are FBS) 

Another thing I love is how the Bison still claim Jabril Cox. BRO HE QUIT ON YOU!

Does that mean Golladay is still ours?  Dude is gonna breakout this year in the Big Apple if injuries don't hamper him. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Golladay is still a UND legend and Cox is still an NDSU legend.

It's like having a good solid girlfriend and leaving her for someone and saying, "Hey no hard feelings, but I'm leaving ya." 

Both are some of the most talented players to come through the programs, but at they end of the day they both said peace out to the Dakotas. If you promote it's like saying, "It's ok if you come for a year or two, ball out, and then leave." Unless it's for the league, I don't like anyone leaving for another school.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

It's like having a good solid girlfriend and leaving her for someone and saying, "Hey no hard feelings, but I'm leaving ya." 

Both are some of the most talented players to come through the programs, but at they end of the day they both said peace out to the Dakotas. If you promote it's like saying, "It's ok if you come for a year or two, ball out, and then leave." Unless it's for the league, I don't like anyone leaving for another school.

At the end of the day, without UND Kenny isn’t in the NFL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

The Jabril thing wouldn't bother me so much. Hard to blame a kid for truly leaving for an opportunity like that, but as a fan it sure sucks. 

13 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

The Jabril thing wouldn't bother me so much. Hard to blame a kid for truly leaving for an opportunity like that, but as a fan it sure sucks. 

By transferring he got to play another season, doubt that he would've played this spring.  I can't fault a kid for grad transferring to a Power 5 school and become a starter!

I'm tired of chatter about a name I will no longer speak.

How about we talk about an upcoming game. 

What's the book on MoSt? Are they still short their main QB due to concussion? Stats look like they are RB by committee. And it looks like you can run at them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

Does anyone have a gauge on how ticket sales are going?  Will there be any left for the public to purchase come Thursday?

I have four season tickets.  We are only using two of them for this game.  However, we didn't have the option to purchase only two.  We had to buy all four.  So now I have to figure out how to sell or share digital tickets.  Should be easy, but so far is proving rather tricky to do.  There is a sell button that comes up but is not active.  If anyone knows anything about this, I'd love to learn how to sell tix you don't need so others can have the chance to go.  

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

all 80's and 90's and a some I don't recognize maybe earlier??  My "All Canadian Trader" comment was about the past 5-6 years when a commitment isn't a commitment anymore.  I directed it at the Canadian guys cause we had some really good ones flake.  More fairly, it's just the norm across College Football and it takes away from the game, which sucks!!  It was much more amusing when the transfers were just happening down south in Fargo.

The group I listed were late 80's - early 90's.   We have had some good ones in the past, and hope that we have some good ones in the future as Canada has many players that can play!   I do not like this transfer portal and especially do not like athletes quitting on their team during the season (yes I know it is spring, but still).  I would assume that the scholarship is over immediately?

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm tired of chatter about a name I will no longer speak.

How about we talk about an upcoming game. 

What's the book on MoSt? Are they still short their main QB due to concussion? Stats look like they are RB by committee. And it looks like you can run at them. 

I thought Bubba handled it well.   Promoted the next kid in line as was excited for that kids opportunity.   No mention of the "ones name who we shall not name".

1 hour ago, Nodak61 said:

I thought Bubba handled it well.   Promoted the next kid in line as was excited for that kids opportunity.   No mention of the "ones name who we shall not name".

He did, but it was clear he was pissed and he has the right to be.

3 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I have four season tickets.  We are only using two of them for this game.  However, we didn't have the option to purchase only two.  We had to buy all four.  So now I have to figure out how to sell or share digital tickets.  Should be easy, but so far is proving rather tricky to do.  There is a sell button that comes up but is not active.  If anyone knows anything about this, I'd love to learn how to sell tix you don't need so others can have the chance to go.  

I read somewhere you can go to Ralph ticket office and get printed tickets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

He did, but it was clear he was pissed and he has the right to be.

Yes, if Miller and Brad asked one more time...  I not sure Bubba would have made it through the presser.  I was very clear Bubba was not happy 

• Upvote 3