SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT. Jacks VS Hawks 2/27/22

Nodak78

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

while we have some impressive wins so far this year we have not proven we are a top 5 team in the country. We can beat anyone but we have a lot to improve on in our game. Take away our turnovers and the first two games could have gone differently. The only way the Fargo dynasty dies is when WE take them down!

Take away some of our touchdowns and we might not have won those games either...

• Upvote 1

If given the opportunity, does UND continue to defer to the second half and start on defense? I’m guessing yes, because they have started slow on offense as well.  Looking forward to the point when Freund’s offense is so scary that they take the opening kickoff and drive it down the field like has been done to them the first two games.  You certainly can’t complain about the overall results though.

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

As near as I can tell the Jacks fans blame the loss on the refs.  They have like 130 yards in penalties in two games but its the refs fault they lost. 

They sound like Omaha hockey fans. 

• Upvote 2

I've had the opportunity to watch both UND games this year, and it's been an absolute blast. As a casual fan of UND football, I'd like to know from the more in depth followers, is it shocking that we're 2-0? Are we as good as we've looked or am I missing something? What I watched the past two weeks is really impressive. Beating the Jacks feels like a really special win.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've had the opportunity to watch both UND games this year, and it's been an absolute blast. As a casual fan of UND football, I'd like to know from the more in depth followers, is it shocking that we're 2-0? Are we as good as we've looked or am I missing something? What I watched the past two weeks is really impressive. Beating the Jacks feels like a really special win.

I think we are a good team and recruiting is paying off. After what I saw last week I am not surprised we beat SDSU. However, in the D1 era we have a history of losing games we shouldn't so I'm cautiously optimistic. Next week we play a good South Dakota team and a win would go a long way. In other words, I need to see more.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Just read through the thread and it’s wild how true it is that everyone’s favorite player is the backup QB. I am very pleased with what I’m seeing from Tommy. Sure it would be nice if he could connect on a few more long balls but just because Quincy has a bigger arm doesn’t mean he will hit those either. I don’t know, Tommy has done exactly what’s needed from him the last two games to win, I would be pretty surprised to see him dethroned anytime soon.

Tommy has been great. No, he's not perfect, but puts the ball where it needs to be and there's been drops in both games that would have been long plays.

The OLine has been very good, but he's taken some big hits and he continues to stand in there.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Just read through the thread and it’s wild how true it is that everyone’s favorite player is the backup QB. I am very pleased with what I’m seeing from Tommy. Sure it would be nice if he could connect on a few more long balls but just because Quincy has a bigger arm doesn’t mean he will hit those either. I don’t know, Tommy has done exactly what’s needed from him the last two games to win, I would be pretty surprised to see him dethroned anytime soon.

He just needs to be in the game on 3rd or 4th and short. 2 yards is nothing for a guy his size especially with a run -pass option. Tommy is the starter no doubt.

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

Not sure what is expected from the QB, but Schuster’s QB rating the first 2 weeks of the season are 151.4 against SIU and 114.9 against SDSU. 4 TDs vs 1 interception. Seems like a very good game manager with a cool head on his shoulders to boot. 

He's been so good at putting a ball where D can't get it. Interception was bad, but I think he only threw 2 others that the d would've had any chance of touching.