SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT. Jacks VS Hawks 2/27/22

Nodak78

I thought there was an opportunity for Tommy on that 4th down play to pick it up on the ground.  

Not too many complaints on QB play from me, a few missed throws but nothing too alarming yet.  

I like that he is not afraid to stand in there and get hit in order to make a throw.  

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

One more thing. I was really impressed with how the team did the knee thing yesterday. At first I was thinking “oh !@#$” when they knelt. But when the video then said they were going to stand for the anthem as a team I was relieved and impressed. Can’t handle that issue better than that. Great job to the program on that.

Thanks for sharing. Got there just in time for the kickoff, did not get to see the anthem. Impressive way to handle the situation!

2 hours ago, UND Dood said:

This makes me think back to when Roger Thomas took over. Took a long time to get the program built back up, but it paid off for many years! 

If there are truly parallels, in "Roger Thomas time" currently it's 1992 (7th season) for Bubba.  This is a great place to be.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

One more thing. I was really impressed with how the team did the knee thing yesterday. At first I was thinking “oh !@#$” when they knelt. But when the video then said they were going to stand for the anthem as a team I was relieved and impressed. Can’t handle that issue better than that. Great job to the program on that.

I agree, they nailed it!  Other teams should watch and learn 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Looking at the participation report, here is the breakdown of the 57 players that are listed:
Freshman/RFr - 17
Sophomore/RSo - 15
Junior/RJr - 11
Senior/RSr - 14

56% of contributors were underclassman including 1/3 of the total being freshman. That's definitely encouraging for the future.

Preston and Belquist are gonna be one hell of a combo. Really nice looking athletes.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Plus the AZ Kids.  Receiver recruiting is off the charts.

QB recruiting I think is close behind, which makes me look forward to our future passing attack.  As a matter of fact, I think that our overall recruiting has taken a big step forward.  We shall see.

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

https://undfootball360.com/news/after-shaky-start-hawks-storm-back-to-defeat-sdsu/

"P.S. – another positive from Saturday was the fact that NDSU got six different kinds of dogsh*t kicked out of them by the team that UND destroyed the week before.  I slept well on Saturday night."

:lol:

Their Newman’s Own suppliment subscription must have expired

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Plus the AZ Kids.  Receiver recruiting is off the charts.

Recruiting can only get better with the exposure we're getting during this unusual season where FCS is the only game being played.  I'm very excited for the current team and for the program.

43 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You meant speeches, right??:D 

I heard a few pallets arrived this morning of Clean Victory, along with enough testing kits to get the levels right all the way thru playoffs.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

i've followed this idea about juice U....has/have the guy/s that allegedly supplied said "vitamins" officially moved on to the whereabout of laramie or manhattan ks?