SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT. Jacks VS Hawks 2/27/22

Nodak78

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

we have played well at home recently, but not as well on the road.

I agree. Each week presents a new challenge to prove ourselves. This week will be against a team that also has a good win under their belt. ( plus a short week). The week after is our first road game. Long way to go. Like they say about a golf tournament, you can’t win it on the first day, but you can lose it. Glad to be 2-0 rather than any other result. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Trying to convince my family it is safe for me to attend a UND football game but every camera shot shows zero masks in use. Is it different on site? 

Masks on when not in seat is about 95%. In seat, about 60% are wearing...at least where I sit.  

9 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Masks on when not in seat is about 95%. In seat, about 60% are wearing...at least where I sit.  

The Alerus staff has done a great job IMO these first 2 game making the environment as enjoyable as possible from a fan perspective.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Where are the fire Kostich geniuses at?

Beat me to it. 

Hell of a win. Not a fan of these slow starts but the team keeps an even keel and battles back. 

Really hope the pollsters don't get the North Dakota teams confused this week.... 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Trying to convince my family it is safe for me to attend a UND football game but every camera shot shows zero masks in use. Is it different on site? 

People may have masks off in their seats but in the aisles, concourses, in line for food and drink, etc. everybody is masked up.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, hky said:

People may have masks off in their seats but in the aisles, concourses, in line for food and drink, etc. everybody is masked up.

Most are masked up in their seat as well, and I will say I'm pretty pleased with how socially distanced everything and everyone is. At the expense of attendance, yes, but if we're talking about just spectator safety and nothing else with else, they do set it up well. 

13 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

For two straight weeks, the pass defense has been horrid in the first half.  For two straight weeks, halftime adjustments have been made and the D has been phenomenal in basically every aspect in the second half.  That is an awesome trend.  Holinka has wildly exceeded my expectations thus far as defensive play caller, at least as far as adjusting to what is going on as the game progresses.  

I've been a huge fan of Danny Freund since he stepped on campus as QB well over a decade ago as a player.   But I wish he would have went to Otis earlier in the game.  I still say Otis should get 20+ touches per game.

I love Tommy Schuster's game.  He doesn't have the physical attributes that some would like.  But he seems really smart, makes good decisions, and has a great temper on the field.  Basically, he's played 2.75 games against playoff type teams and won them all.  He seems like a gamer.

Good points .  The coaching adjustments throughout the first half and at halftime have been phenomenal, both games.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Beat me to it. 

Hell of a win. Not a fan of these slow starts but the team keeps an even keel and battles back. 

Really hope the pollsters don't get the North Dakota teams confused this week.... 

while we have some impressive wins so far this year we have not proven we are a top 5 team in the country. We can beat anyone but we have a lot to improve on in our game. Take away our turnovers and the first two games could have gone differently. The only way the Fargo dynasty dies is when WE take them down!

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

For two straight weeks, the pass defense has been horrid in the first half.  For two straight weeks, halftime adjustments have been made and the D has been phenomenal in basically every aspect in the second half.  That is an awesome trend.  Holinka has wildly exceeded my expectations thus far as defensive play caller, at least as far as adjusting to what is going on as the game progresses.  

I've been a huge fan of Danny Freund since he stepped on campus as QB well over a decade ago as a player.   But I wish he would have went to Otis earlier in the game.  I still say Otis should get 20+ touches per game.

I love Tommy Schuster's game.  He doesn't have the physical attributes that some would like.  But he seems really smart, makes good decisions, and has a great temper on the field.  Basically, he's played 2.75 games against playoff type teams and won them all.  He seems like a gamer.

I was critical of Schmidt's lack of adjustments and seeming stubborness.

That said, if the D doesn't allow an opening drive TD next week, I'll be concerned. Isn't that the formula for success this year?

Love what Danny is doing. The 3rd and short in the 3rd Q with Quincy in the game made SDSU focus on him and it turned into Skonkna's longest run of the game.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shep said:

I was critical of Schmidt's lack of adjustments and seeming stubborness.

That said, if the D doesn't allow an opening drive TD next week, I'll be concerned. Isn't that the formula for success this year?

Love what Danny is doing. The 3rd and short in the 3rd Q with Quincy in the game made SDSU focus on him and it turned into Skonkna's longest run of the game.

The lack of use of Quincy in the second half was a poor decision. He needs to be used more in those short yardages as im not in favor of an only pass option play on those downs. The more he is used the more confidence he gets and the more accurate his pass options will be.

I love every decision to go for it on 4th down. All or nothing mentality! Just pains me to wonder what would have happened if Bubba would have been more cut throat in our other close games. I HOPE BUBBA REMEMBERS THIS DAY!