SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT. Jacks VS Hawks 2/27/22

Nodak78

2 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Alone atop the league. Who'da thunk it?

What's really impressive is how well we've performed and yet there are definitely things that can still be tightened up. The three game homestead to start may be a huge blessing to create positive momentum. 4-0 is definitely in play going into Fargo. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Congrats on a huge win to UND fans. Caught the game a bit sporadically and UND looked damn good. Looks like the UND of my era, which is good for you guys, but will be tough for the rest of the MVFC.

A lot of football left.  Parity this season.

• Upvote 2

I like how we are making 2nd half adjustments. Considering how good SDSU is up front we ran it well enough to have keep the defense honest, and have success in throwing the ball. Special teams were great minus the FG. I am excited on how things are going. 

South Dakota will be tough, cannot overlook them. They beat the Jacks at the end of 2019, they can be dangerous. However, as teams in the Valley are realizing we are also dangerous.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Irish said:

Wow - what a difference half time adjustments and winning the special team battle makes - I like this new look.  So nice to be the blocker of kicks instead of the blockee.  

We've seen this work with our opponents, hopefully it's in our strategy - to correctly adjust.
Long season, and the right start.