SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT. Jacks VS Hawks 2/27/22

Nodak78

Obviously our defensive adjustments were great. The long pass play was taken away after half. Offensively, Our 4th & short could use a little work. Had a couple opportunities to put it away earlier. Overall, this is a program changing day, though. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

The three game homestead to start may be a huge blessing

Yes for sure, but I also think the extra practice, especially for the young quarterbacks, while waiting for a spring season was super helpful. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I continue to be a Kostich fan.  He's the type of young, dynamic coach we need.

Special teams are a bit different because they are usually only noticed when things go spectacularly wrong or spectacularly right.  So far Kostich has seen some of both.  I do like his enthusiasm and think that is an asset for us.  Things seem to be on the upward swing lately - hopefully this continues.   

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This feels different.... 

However, I’m not going to get too over the top just yet.  Beat the Yotes on Thursday to keep this momentum going.

I agree, this does feel different.  The USD games always seem to be a battle though.  Need to get that win because we have a lot of road games the second half of the season.  It feels different because we not only beat a top team, but still feel like we have things we can get better at...like the deep ball etc..  But knowing we have an OL that can get some things done, good corners and deep at corner, and younger O lineman that look the part.  It just feels like we are ready to stay in the upper part of the league, not be a one hit wonder and then disappear again.  Can you imagine this team with a guy somewhere close to Trey Lance running the offense?