SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

On 2/12/2021 at 6:19 AM, UNDColorado said:

Has anyone heard anything about streaming options yet? I know regular season MVFC games are on ESPN+ or 3 but nothing is listed for the spring season.

I'm also in Colorado and have concerns about how to watch the games this spring.  About an hour ago I scrolled to next weekends schedule on ESPN+ and there are no MVFC games listed at all. Not sure what that means. The new Midco sports streaming service is not available in Colorado. I'm near Utah so I could conceivable drive into Moab or Green River and find wifi. Hopefully the MVFC games will start populating the Espn+ or 3 schedule this week.

4 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Sure miss plutoTV. Free and generally reliable. 

couldn't disagree more about reliability with them.  constant buffering for me with their live sports programming.  it was nice having all conference games in all sports in the same location on tv though.  volleyball has since dropped off my radar because its so hard to track now.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

call me stupid but has the two deep been posted yet?  finding info between heraldo pay site, und 360 and whatnot is sparse this year.

UND's website has the 20-21 media guide posted.  Not sure if it's the updated depth chart, but they do have one posted on page 42.

https://fightinghawks.com/documents/2021/2/11/2020_21_MediaGuide.pdf

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/6888140-Herald-UND-football-mailbag-How-the-QB-room-stands-biggest-improvements-biggest-weakness-etc.

I think they really want to name Vaughn the starter, but he hasn't shown the consistency he needs to have to get the nod.  Schuster may start this weekend, but wouldn't be surprised to see Vaughn start sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/6888140-Herald-UND-football-mailbag-How-the-QB-room-stands-biggest-improvements-biggest-weakness-etc.

I think they really want to name Vaughn the starter, but he hasn't shown the consistency he needs to have to get the nod.  Schuster may start this weekend, but wouldn't be surprised to see Vaughn start sooner than later. 

Love hearing that he thinks the OL is one of the strengths of the team, I can't remember the last time that was the case.  

52 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Anyone else nervous about the middle - NG and Inside Linebacker..   They have to be stout playing in the MVFC.  If UND can't stop the power running game up the middle it is going to be a long season.

Last year we beat Montana  State, and nearly beat Weber State with starting DL of Jaelen Johnson, Griffin Lickfeldt, and DeVore (taking from the Tom Miller article), Bennett was injured for a part of the year in 2019.  We lost Bennett but everyone else is back and should have more weight on and they guys returning from 2019 should be improved.  While I'm trying to be glass half full, it still concerns me and remains to be seen how well they can plug things up and not get pushed back.