SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Last year we beat Montana  State, and nearly beat Weber State with starting DL of Jaelen Johnson, Griffin Lickfeldt, and DeVore (taking from the Tom Miller article), Bennett was injured for a part of the year in 2019.  We lost Bennett but everyone else is back and should have more weight on and they guys returning from 2019 should be improved.  While I'm trying to be glass half full, it still concerns me and remains to be seen how well they can plug things up and not get pushed back. 

Exactly, to me it will a big disappointment if we do not finish the season with a winning record. We have the talent just got to put it on the field. No more excuses!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Parkers Pros said:

Any updates on streaming??   You can basically stream any ND High School basketball game but we can’t watch UND football??  Not a good way to connect fans to the game or get people to invest in your team both financially and emotionally.  Please UND, figure out how to make this easy!!

Listed as ESPN+

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/group/21

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Don't know why they choose not to include espn streaming on their schedule https://fightinghawks.com/sports/football/schedule @Parkers Pros makes a good point, even if streaming is available.

It looks like these listings were just finalized by ESPN yesterday so I would imagine they will get the links updated on the UND site today.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hambone said:

First Two Deep in the notes - surprised how many True Freshman are in there on offense....three OL and two WR......and of course on QB

Week 1 SIU (PDF) - University of North Dakota Athletics (fightinghawks.com)

wow...is that a sign of an awesome recruiting class with so many freshman on the two deep (especially the o-line)...or is bubba airballing some of these recruiting classes (especially the o-line)?

18 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

Any updates on streaming??   You can basically stream any ND High School basketball game but we can’t watch UND football??  Not a good way to connect fans to the game or get people to invest in your team both financially and emotionally.  Please UND, figure out how to make this easy!!

I'm also disappointed at the level of communication from UND to its alumni and fans that, because of being widely dispersed throughout the country, depend on streaming. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Hambone said:

First Two Deep in the notes - surprised how many True Freshman are in there on offense....three OL and two WR......and of course one QB

Week 1 SIU (PDF) - University of North Dakota Athletics (fightinghawks.com)

Does this season count for a true freshman? 

9 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't believe so. Pretty sure all athletes are getting a free year.

Correct. I also assume that a guy like Holm will be eligible this fall. Teams will have decisions to make on what seniors they will bring back and how many they can afford to keep. 

8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I just wonder how it not only effects seniors but everyone else? The juniors are technically going to be juniors again next year but we will likely see many of them done after next year. Will be really interesting. 

I don't know, but I would assume they will be considered seniors automatically, but can then utilize a super senior year after that (if they are offered one by the staff). Ultimately, I think we will be hearing about this for the next few years. So while players are eligible for a free year, it does not mean they will all get one. Even the true freshman... you may have some that are career back ups that are not offered asked to come back for an extra season. This is very presumptuous, as I don't know the inner workings here.

I believe that is how medical redshirts are awarded too. You don't necessarily take the extra year right after the injury, you may be awarded one, after your regular 4/5 years are up. I could see this being treated in a similar fashion. 

Someone, please correct me if I am wrong here.

• Upvote 1