SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

"Tablegating" in full effect this season.  Especially at those two places!

Although, a person will not be able to walk straight through the hall to the Alerus as the Alerus Center ballrooms will continue to serve as the CoVid vaccination site going on for 65 and up on Saturdays.  Doors 5 & 6 entry will be for people utilizing the vaccination site with no cross traffic from Canad.

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2021 at 11:32 PM, Parkers Pros said:

Any updates on streaming??   You can basically stream any ND High School basketball game but we can’t watch UND football??  Not a good way to connect fans to the game or get people to invest in your team both financially and emotionally.  Please UND, figure out how to make this easy!!

Looks like midco sn + will be streaming the game.

30 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

This may have been discussed before but will the game be on ESPN 3 or plus ? 

According to a few posters in here, the university has indicated that the game will be on ESPN+. I have to wonder if the university should notify ESPN that they'll be carrying the game since, when I log into ESPN+, it's not on their broadcast schedule.  

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

This has been posted already and UND should be doing a better job of updating the public: https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/group/21

All MVFC games have been on ESPN3/ESPN+ since 2016.  UND and the MVFC have done plenty to make it known that conference games would air on their network.  How bout some personable responsibility to find something out on your own.  Sorry to come off like an ass, but seriously, its 2021.  If you want to find out information, you don't have to wait for it to be spoon fed to you.  Look it up!! :D

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

All MVFC games have been on ESPN3/ESPN+ since 2016.  UND and the MVFC have done plenty to make it known that conference games would air on their network.  How bout some personable responsibility to find something out on your own.  Sorry to come off like an ass, but seriously, its 2021.  If you want to find out information, you don't have to wait for it to be spoon fed to you.  Look it up!! :D

I am aware, just posting this for those who have been complaining.

11 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think its a fair criticism when UND should be trying to build its fan base.  The schedule doesn't say ESPN3/+ to let people know that it will at least be on one of those services, and the game notes imply that there is no streaming option: "For the first time since Nov. 30, 2019, North Dakota football is set to take the field against Southern Illinois on Saturday afternoon from the Alerus Center. Fans can watch the contest on MidcoSN with Alex Heinert and Ryan Kasowski on the call or tune into the Home of Economy Radio Network with Jack Michaels and Tom Dosch."

Fans who are indiferent arent going to look any deeper than that.  Its UND's responsibility to get the word out - its called marketing.

Agreed.  And one step further.  I have been looking daily on ESPN at their schedule for Saturday and the game is still not listed.  Not sure how much more you can do for looking up the information then going to the site that is suppose to have the game televised. 

3 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Agreed.  And one step further.  I have been looking daily on ESPN at their schedule for Saturday and the game is still not listed.  Not sure how much more you can do for looking up the information then going to the site that is suppose to have the game televised. 

It just got listed on the ESPN+ website.

Does anyone know what MVFC TV is?  It's listed under the Youngstown and Missouri state games on our schedule, but I can't find any information on it on UND's website.  I clicked on the "watch" tab, on the homepage, and looked at the television section, and the television section still has 2018/2019 season information, and it lists UND football games on Pluto TV still.  https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/6/22/785161.aspx  Under "WatchESPN", football isn't included.  Edit: From the "watch" section, the "streaming" button takes you to the same outdated information as above. 

On UND's website, the section "current broadcast schedule" also does not list streaming as an option https://fightinghawks.com/coverage.aspx

Edit: pretty sure the "UND Insider 24/7" page is broken: "Whoops! This embed is misconfigured.  (Developers: Please check your browser console for more information)"  https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2018/11/28/und-insider-24-7.aspx?path=general 

Under the watch tab, "UND Insider" is listed twice, and both links take you to the same page.  

Fighting Hawks Daily is also listed under the watch tab even though they stopped posting new episodes in December, and Sit Down and Cheer is still listed despite not having a new episode in over a year.

Under 'Mobile Apps", Pluto TV: "Pluto TV will air all home and away conference football, volleyball, and men's and women's basketball games."  and WatchESPN: "All home volleyball and basketball games along with a select number of away conference games will be available on ESPN3 and ESPN+ on the WatchESPN platform."     Both sections are completely wrong or have incorrect or contradictory info.

Basically nothing on UND's website is up to date.