SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Fall Camp

MoSiouxFan

14 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Teeder has already responded and agree with his assessment.  I would guess he is maybe in the 3 deep. Holm and blubaugh starters , Fort (most talented) and Siegel next with Odom and Dominique.  Be interesting to see what the coaches do. 

Yeah my point was kinda hoping that Dominique came in ready to play at least on 2 deep so Fort wouldn't lose his redshirt. I agree though if Fort is better play him. Put the best players on the field.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

The CB position is the biggest improvement this program has made since 2008. For a while it seemed we couldn’t find a decent DB through HS recruiting. Then Deion was an All American, now we are a legit 6 deep at CB. 6 years ago we weren’t even 1 deep with legit players at that position. They’ve done a great job recently of finding and getting quality athletes out there.

And quality people.  I remember a certain CB who would tackle a guy after like a 20 - 30 yard loss, and then celebrate in the guys face...  emberassing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Yeah my point was kinda hoping that Dominique came in ready to play at least on 2 deep so Fort wouldn't lose his redshirt. I agree though if Fort is better play him. Put the best players on the field.

Dominique is playing safety now

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

If he doesn't land an nfl gig.  It would be really cool if winnipeg takes him with another first round pick.  Would help to maybe draw some canadian interest to UND football when they are down shopping, and vice versa. 

Absolutely!  Recruiting Canada, specifically southern Manitoba (ie Winnipeg) to attract and maintain a Canadian fan base should be part of UND football’s M.O. season in and season out. A Blue Bombers fan’s favorite college FB team should be UND. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The CB position is the biggest improvement this program has made since 2008. For a while it seemed we couldn’t find a decent DB through HS recruiting. Then Deion was an All American, now we are a legit 6 deep at CB. 6 years ago we weren’t even 1 deep with legit players at that position. They’ve done a great job recently of finding and getting quality athletes out there.

We couldn't find a decent CB anywhere!!  Being a former CB I used to tell people I was on the cheer team because I was too embarrassed to admit playing CB, that's how bad it was.

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was zone blocking implemented bc of the new o-line coach or was it freunds and bubba's call?

Likely Freund's call and that's why they brought in the particular o-line coach that they did.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2019 at 9:12 AM, SiouxFan100 said:

Was talking to a parent last weekend and she went through the football time commitment and expectations players have during the fall camp. Wow! I knew it was a lot but it is virtually all day every day.

I wanted to again thank the players. As a fan I need that gentle reminder to appreciate the good and not get too down on them for the bad.

any former players out there willing to give insights on the mental and physical stress of fall camp?

13 hour days, with breaks for meals. 7 AM treatments before 8:45 practices, followed by lunch, followed by more treatment and meetings, then a walk-through "practice", and maybe more meetings. Home at 8 PM. Oh, and dinner thrown in there somewhere, too. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Edited by LkvlleUNDFan
Forgot dinner. Never forget dinner.

53 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm really disappointed that Teeder has made the decision to put his job before is football reporting duties. 

It August! .... I need some reading material to hold me over until Drake!

SiouxSports Members should just chip in for a salary for Teeder. 

• Upvote 4

@Teeder11 what's your overall thoughts so far through Fall Camp that you've seen compared to previous years? What groups seem to be ahead of where they've been, which groups seem to be behind? Thoughts on D-Line so far?

Saw Miller mention Haas was taking reps at Defense end. What's everyone's take on that? 

Edit: Disregard Haas question.