Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MoSiouxFan

2019 Fall Camp

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

We maybe were on the threshold of Hell!!! Looking for a better season!!

That NAU game definitely felt like the threshold of football hell.  We hit rock bottom that day.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

That NAU game definitely felt like the threshold of football hell.  We hit rock bottom that day.  

I was at that game. Totally frustrating to see Santiago and Oliveira end their careers at UND in a game like that. At one point I took my Hawks hat off and threw it to the ground. A UNA fan I had been friendly with picked it up, brushed it off, handed it to me, and pointed out that I might want it later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBR said:

I was at that game. Totally frustrating to see Santiago and Oliveira end their careers at UND in a game like that. At one point I took my Hawks hat off and threw it to the ground. A UNA fan I had been friendly with picked it up, brushed it off, handed it to me, and pointed out that I might want it later.

I was there too, it was horrible. With the odd scheduling I had been waiting about four years to drive up for that game. Happen to run into my next door neighbors from Dickinson growing up though at the tailgating that I hadn’t seen in over 30 years though so at least that was good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I was there too, it was horrible. With the odd scheduling I had been waiting about four years to drive up for that game. Happen to run into my next door neighbors from Dickinson growing up though at the tailgating that I hadn’t seen in over 30 years though so at least that was good

I was there too and it was probably the worst game I have ever attended.   

It was like a nightmare happening in slow motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was there too and it was probably the worst game I have ever attended.   

It was like a nightmare happening in slow motion.

No it was bad but not the worst.  I remember a Montana State game in the Alerus.  Their QB was injured and not scheduled to play.  Well he did and the game was over before the half.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

No it was bad but not the worst.  I remember a Montana State game in the Alerus.  Their QB was injured and not scheduled to play.  Well he did and the game was over before the half.   

Sioux Falls was my rock bottom.  That started the downward spiral of being mediocre.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 12:21 PM, Bison06 said:

This will come across as trash talk I realize, but it’s just more of an observation on people’s expectations for Freund. Every fan base has the right to be optimistic, I would do the same if it was my team. But I’m not necessarily understanding why most UND fans are certain that the offense will be significantly upgraded when it has so many questions marks.

First time coordinator(gotta start somewhere I realize)

brand new, unproven at UND offensive system.

A full team of players that was recruited for a dramatically different system.

I sincerely hope it turns out for UND outside of the NDSU game, because I think the rivalry is a ton of fun when both teams are great. I just am curious as to why most seem so certain he’s better than the previous guy with all of the question marks.

Umm let’s see, maybe the majority of the offense returns? 

And Freund is just smarter than Rudolph; that is my opinion at this point in time. 

You let us know if our optimism was justified after September 7th. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was there too and it was probably the worst game I have ever attended.   

It was like a nightmare happening in slow motion.

 

14 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I was there too, it was horrible. With the odd scheduling I had been waiting about four years to drive up for that game. Happen to run into my next door neighbors from Dickinson growing up though at the tailgating that I hadn’t seen in over 30 years though so at least that was good

 

21 hours ago, TBR said:

I was at that game. Totally frustrating to see Santiago and Oliveira end their careers at UND in a game like that. At one point I took my Hawks hat off and threw it to the ground. A UNA fan I had been friendly with picked it up, brushed it off, handed it to me, and pointed out that I might want it later.

I was there, too. Wanted to throw up, it was that bad. For a team that had a potential playoff bid on the line it just didn't make any sense. I actually wondered out loud if they were going to leave a coach or two to find their own ways home. After the game the players were shell-shocked and very upset. It sucked.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, UND1983 said:

https://undfootball360.com/news/und-football-360-preseason-podcast/

A long podcast on the upcoming season!  This has me excited for some football  :cool:

I saved this for my Friday night entertainment tonight :D  So excited for this season I can hardly stand it.   To I think it was Bison06 who was questioning why we are excited about having a first time OC and why we think it will be better and we are excited about it.  Listen at the 58 minute mark where Kelly Howe talks about how the defense sent a safety on a blitz on our audible because they knew exactly what we were going to do, and they snuffed us for a two yard loss.   Even our audibles were so predictable.  That pretty much sums up the last few games of the year, well and a lot of Rudy's tenure as OC. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 4:27 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Umm let’s see, maybe the majority of the offense returns? 

And Freund is just smarter than Rudolph; that is my opinion at this point in time. 

You let us know if our optimism was justified after September 7th. 

I’m sure we’ll have plenty of discussions both before and after September 7th.

I look forward to it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m sure we’ll have plenty of discussions both before and after September 7th.

I look forward to it.

Should be fun, can’t wait! I don’t think there is any doubt in saying a UND win would completely reignite the rivalry though. NDSU fans (most, not all) find UND completely irrelevant and want to see them destroyed in all games and as a program (see several posters on bisonville), and UND fans have been aching for some serious success for a while. A UND win would piss off Bison fans and fuels UND fans...this is the kind of scenario that would really rebuild the rivalry on both sides. Not saying it will happen, but the stage is certainly set. Regardless, I hope it is a fun and exciting game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Should be fun, can’t wait! I don’t think there is any doubt in saying a UND win would completely reignite the rivalry though. NDSU fans (most, not all) find UND completely irrelevant and want to see them destroyed in all games and as a program (see several posters on bisonville), and UND fans have been aching for some serious success for a while. A UND win would piss off Bison fans and fuels UND fans...this is the kind of scenario that would really rebuild the rivalry on both sides. Not saying it will happen, but the stage is certainly set. Regardless, I hope it is a fun and exciting game.

There should be some type of UND-NDSU all sports travel trophy or at least using the team sport records (FB, VB, WBB, MBB, Softball, Soccer) 

My dream is for the UNDSU rivalry return to the D2 days. The same page as Alabama/Auburn type of stuff. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, northernraider said:

There should be some type of UND-NDSU all sports travel trophy or at least using the team sport records (FB, VB, WBB, MBB, Softball, Soccer) 

My dream is for the UNDSU rivalry return to the D2 days. The same page as Alabama/Auburn type of stuff. 

We have to become relevant in football for that to happen.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...