SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

On 9/24/2019 at 11:44 AM, Tbone said:

Wondering where the Sioux crowd stays when attending the games @ Mariucci? 

Not many options to stay close and walk. Downtown msp and Uber?

Plan on considerably raising my b.a.c. before/during/after so I will walk or Uber

Look at The Hampton Inn. It's just outside Dinkytown. but light rail across the street and is one or two stops away from campus. 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

I've heard a little bit of the lineups in practice from early on, so I'll say this:

Mismash - Michaud - Pinto
Hain - Adams - Kawaguchi
Smith - Senden - Keane
Caulfield - Weatherby - Blaisdell
Ext: Johnson - Bowen - Albrecht

Pooly - JBD
Kierstad - Bast
Tychonick - Peski
Frisch - Rieger

Really like these lines.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:56 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

I've heard a little bit of the lineups in practice from early on, so I'll say this:

Mismash - Michaud - Pinto
Hain - Adams - Kawaguchi
Smith - Senden - Keane
Caulfield - Weatherby - Blaisdell
Ext: Johnson - Bowen - Albrecht

Pooly - JBD
Kierstad - Bast
Tychonick - Peski
Frisch - Rieger

Missing Yon

On 9/27/2019 at 12:55 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not to get off topic, but has anyone heard of any plans to honor the 20th Anniversary of the 2000 National championship team this year?  Man it would be sweet to see the team wear some old geometric head jerseys!!!

2000.jpg

Man, do I miss those days! That was a special time on campus and I am grateful to have been a part of it. And I so miss the Old REA, what a storied building that was.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Man, do I miss those days! That was a special time on campus and I am grateful to have been a part of it. And I so miss the Old REA, what a storied building that was.

That was right in the middle of my days at UND as well.  Some amazing teams went through there, plus the atmosphere of the old REA.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

USCHO Division I Men's Poll - September 30, 2019

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/

1.  UMD (49)

2.  Denver

6.  St. Cloud

14.  W Michigan

18.  North Dakota

This is about right, for now. I want to see a dominating sweep of Canisius to start the season. I'm talking 10-1 type games.

34 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

USCHO Division I Men's Poll - September 30, 2019

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/

1.  UMD (49)

2.  Denver

6.  St. Cloud

14.  W Michigan

18.  North Dakota

They certainly do cling to the last ranking of the prior year when they do these rankings don't they.  If we finish lower than St. Cloud again, I would expect Berry to have the heat ramped up on him. 

1 minute ago, tnt said:

They certainly do cling to the last ranking of the prior year when they do these rankings don't they.  If we finish lower than St. Cloud again, I would expect Berry to have something to answer to.  

Yeah St Cloud’s ranking stuck out for me too. I think they’re maybe a top 20 team, but definitely not a top 6 at this point. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Yeah St Cloud’s ranking stuck out for me too. I think they’re maybe a top 20 team, but definitely not a top 6 at this point. 

While I think Duluth is going to be good again, I hardly look at them as a dominant team that would almost be a unanimous selection, but then again until someone knocks them off, I don't see other teams that stick out either.  

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

While I think Duluth is going to be good again, I hardly look at them as a dominant team that would almost be a unanimous selection, but then again until someone knocks them off, I don't see other teams that stick out either.  

Yeah same. I keep seeing the word “dominant” used to describe them and I’m just :whistling:

I would say the last couple years, UMD is “opportunistic” as opposed to “dominant”

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yeah same. I keep seeing the word “dominant” used to describe them and I’m just :whistling:

I would say the last couple years, UMD is “opportunistic” as opposed to “dominant”

Agreed. They have found a way to win a lot of one goal games. A win is a win, but dominant is not a word I would use to describe them.

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Can you give a quick rundown of why? I need some hype. 

Starts from the back end, for me. Scheel behind that defense is helluva start. Couple of impact freshmen and progress from the rest of the team. The addition of Michaud is going to be very important.

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Who would have thought a non conference matchup the opening weekend against a team that finished last place in the AHA would be a must win/must sweep weekend!!  Not only do we have to sweep Canisius, but these games need to be dominating wins to give us any hope this year is not going to be another bust. 

A win, is a win, is a win in the PWR. We didn't get them last year against them. Just get it done. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

A win, is a win, is a win in the PWR. We didn't get them last year against them. Just get it done. 

I get all non conference games are huge in the PWR.  Especially against really really bad teams.  My point is if we get a split and the game we win is like a 3-2 win, it doesn't give the team a lot of confidence moving forward. 

Berry misses the playoffs this year again, the seat is very hot. 

23 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm all in on this years team, I think they are going to be really, really good. 

Breaking the team into four separate components, Forwards, Defense, Goaltending and Special Teams.

I feel if you group the Defense / Goaltending together, they are in the elite category. I'm talking National Championship caliber / top handful of teams in the country. Offensively, they brought in more talent than they lost. You'll see not only a higher skill level, but also the talent level is deeper. You'll see guys who played big minutes last year that will be watching from the stands this year. 

• Upvote 2