SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

24 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Sure is quiet around here for the season beginning one week from tomorrow. Nobody have any info on how things are looking on the ice?

My daughter is in a class with a hockey player, he claims a significantly improved team over last season. She thinks he is really fired up for this season.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Any line predictions? Who will the top line be?

I think the top 6 will be Guch, Mismash, Adams, Pinto, Michaud, and Blaisdell. Not sure who plays first line and who plays 2nd. Would imagine Guch and Mismash will be on the same line like they have most of the previous 2 seasons. 

I listened to parts of the NCHC Radio show podcast yesterday where they interviewed Berry and Poolman and these were the 6 players Berry mentioned when asked about improving offensive production. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Sure is quiet around here for the season beginning one week from tomorrow. Nobody have any info on how things are looking on the ice?

Yeah, part of it is no Schlossman updates on who is looking good on the ice, so nothing to opine about.  Of course last year the camp updates were thinking Bowen and Weatherby would add a bit of offense, which didn't pan out.  I think Weatherby can take that step this year. 

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Yeah, part of it is no Schlossman updates on who is looking good on the ice, so nothing to opine about.  Of course last year the camp updates were thinking Bowen and Weatherby would add a bit of offense, which didn't pan out.  I think Weatherby can take that step this year. 

There’s been very little media content this preseason. Hardly got anything out of NCHC media day last week and very little from UND’s media day a couple days ago. 

14 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think the top 6 will be Guch, Mismash, Adams, Pinto, Michaud, and Blaisdell. 

I listened to parts of the NCHC Radio show podcast yesterday where they interviewed Berry and Poolman and these were the 6 players Berry mentioned when asked about improving offensive production. 

I truly hope Mismash looks at the Preseason all conference picks and says to himself that he has the ability to be in that group.  If they can get consistent effort out of him, there is no reason he can't be in picture for all league honors at the end of the year.  The same with Kawaguchi, especially if Michaud can add to the offensive equation. 

I've heard a little bit of the lineups in practice from early on, so I'll say this:

Mismash - Michaud - Pinto
Hain - Adams - Kawaguchi
Smith - Senden - Keane
Caulfield - Weatherby - Blaisdell
Ext: Johnson - Bowen - Albrecht

Pooly - JBD
Kierstad - Bast
Tychonick - Peski
Frisch - Rieger

29 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've heard a little bit of the lineups in practice from early on, so I'll say this:

Hain - Adams - Kawaguchi
Smith - Senden - Keane

Pooly - JBD
Kierstad - Bast
Tychonick - Peski
Frisch - Rieger

I thought Keane had school issues and would be ineligible.   Did that get straightened out?

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think that was just removing a year of eligibility. So, he will only get three years with UND and not four.

That's right, I remember now that I was thinking that here is a guy that most people didn't think would ever show up on campus and then when he had the year removed people were lamenting it because of the way he plays the game.  Glad that he will be able to participate this year, just have to find someone to replace him down the road.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperior said:

I'm really looking forward to see how Senden progresses. The Senden Hain Smith line was our best late last year.

Gonna miss Jones and gonna miss Gardner on faceoffs.

Not going to miss Gardner when he's not on the dot. 

• Downvote 2

14 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not to get off topic, but has anyone heard of any plans to honor the 20th Anniversary of the 2000 National championship team this year?  Man it would be sweet to see the team wear some old geometric head jerseys!!!

2000.jpg

That title game was the best. It happened on my wedding day. Luckily the reception had a tv in the bar so I got to see the game in between dances. People cheered at every Sioux goal and the place went wild when they won the game. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

That title game was the best. It happened on my wedding day. Luckily the reception had a tv in the bar so I got to see the game in between dances. People cheered at every Sioux goal and the place went wild when they won the game. 

How dare you schedule your wedding on the day of the national championship ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 9/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

Hain - Adams - Kawaguchi
Smith - Senden - Keane

Pooly - JBD
Kierstad - Bast
Tychonick - Peski
Frisch - Rieger

Keep the Smith Senden Hain line intact!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1