SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

On 5/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, UND1983 said:

You seem genuinely excited about it. A flurry of posts suddenly out of nowhere.  Congrats on celebrating a kids misfortune you ^%$' loser.

Not celebrating anybody failing. I hope the UND360 guys are right and he comes back and gets is academics in  order and succeeds. I just think in the long run it would have been better for the kid if the staff had told him he needed to concentrate strictly on academics his first year to get him on the correct path to getting an education and a degree. It would have saved the kid the publicity and a year of eligibility. And I know in this case all of the warning signs were very evident.

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Not celebrating anybody failing. I hope the UND360 guys are right and he comes back and gets is academics in  order and succeeds. I just think in the long run it would have been better for the kid if the staff had told him he needed to concentrate strictly on academics his first year to get him on the correct path to getting an education and a degree. It would have saved the kid the publicity and a year of eligibility. And I know in this case all of the warning signs were very evident.

A lot of football players are eligible so they can/could play, take that away and what's the point.  Maybe I was with a bad student/athlete group but for the most part, guys could barely stomach the student part of student athlete.  You just have to man up and get it done Otis, like many have done before you.

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

If only Izzo was consistent in his reporting with “all athletes with Fargo ties” the publicity would not have been an issue you would have to be so concerned about.  

UND’s staff has done a great job supplying the kid with resources to succeed.  It’s up to him this summer to figure it all out.  

• Upvote 2

On 5/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

five  or six years in...rb's and qb's are still a problem....unacceptable a this point in bubba's tenure.

I think Gordon is a pretty darn good RB and just never had a chance behind Brady and John.  We will see how good he is this year, and i think we will find out he is pretty good!  Isn't Johanneson like the all time record holder in ND, or something like that.  The freshman coming in this year is supposedly really good.   McKinney is good.  Weah definitely would have contributed a lot this year, but even without him I think we will be formidable at RB and I don't think RB is our problem.   I'm really looking forward to what our RB's are going to do in a more diverse offense this year. 

• Upvote 4

I'm not terribly concerned with RB depth for this year. JJ is rock solid (although an injury risk given his running style), but Gordon is more than capable for a high number of carries. Look at what he did a couple years ago as a third fiddle to Oliviera and Santiago, he certainly showed flashes of brilliance in limited carries. With the spread offense we'll be running, McKinney is more than capable at sliding in and taking snaps. Would it have been nice to have Weah and his skill touching the ball? Definitely, but by no means are the cupboards bare without him. Hopefully he gets his head on right, buries his nose in the books, and makes use of his opportunity at school to enable him to come back next season to contribute. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2019 at 5:32 PM, iramurphy said:

Put these guys behind a good off line ... 

< ding! > 

Winner. 

If you have the biggest, baddest, meanest, most skilled offensive line in the game you can have Blackheart, Mafia, and Oxbow as your backfield and still win games. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< ding! > 

Winner. 

If you have the biggest, baddest, meanest, most skilled offensive line in the game you can have Blackheart, Mafia, and Oxbow as your backfield and still win games. 

Now you are talking an OL. :p

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

< ding! > 

Winner. 

Think they could remember the plays?

• Upvote 2

Wow how the tables have turned. Just last year it appeared the RB stable was busting at the seams, now they lose 4 good players due to graduation and to being dumbasses and here we are with no depth, 100% susceptible to injuries again. Which will absolutely happen at the RB position. Mckinney and JJ will be the prime backs when healthy, but in reality, we'll be seeing a lot of the 3rd and 4th backs as well, and I'm not too confident about that anymore. Constant let downs with this team.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wow how the tables have turned. Just last year it appeared the RB stable was busting at the seams, now they lose 4 good players due to graduation and to being dumbasses and here we are with no depth, 100% susceptible to injuries again. Which will absolutely happen at the RB position. Mckinney and JJ will be the prime backs when healthy, but in reality, we'll be seeing a lot of the 3rd and 4th backs as well, and I'm not too confident about that anymore. Constant let downs with this team.  

I think Griebel is an option.  And you forgot Gordon.  And the freshman coming in could surprise, too if healthy as I know he's coming off a knee injury.  I don't think the situation is totally bleak but I am bummed about Otis.

12 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

There is plenty of depth, chillaxit bro.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I think Griebel is an option.  And you forgot Gordon.  And the freshman coming in could surprise, too if healthy as I know he's coming off a knee injury.  I don't think the situation is totally bleak but I am bummed about Otis.

I agree, London was grossly overrated and wasn’t going to see much playing time.  

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

8,500+.. combined career (RUSHING only)  yds. (Griebel/Blubaugh) in Colo. largest classification....  not suggesting any moves cuz those two have settled in well where they are...but there's talent rostered here....if there is interest thinking outside the box a little it wouldn't be a stretch.... (Danny Woodhead - & a Brady/John hybrid....)