SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Listening right now. The way they’re talking really makes it seem like Boltmann will likely be able to stick at WR and probably not make the return back to QB. I’m excited to see him play. 

360 guys said something about him doing both since UND needs to make sure he can run the offense just in case of major injuries

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

360 guys said something about him doing both since UND needs to make sure he can run the offense just in case of major injuries

Yeah I believe he is still going to take reps at QB but the way Tom talked it just made it seem he could really make an impact at WR and may stick. 

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

Great podcast.  I agree with Alex that 7 wins is an achievable goal for this season.  Would love for it to be more than 7, especially if one is against you know who.  Excited to see it on the field.

If the offense was the huge problem most of us felt it was last fall, 7 wins is on the low side.  Lots of potential upside.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, Dustin said:

Great podcast.  I agree with Alex that 7 wins is an achievable goal for this season.  Would love for it to be more than 7, especially if one is against you know who.  Excited to see it on the field.

7-4 should get UND into the playoffs.

Benchmark for UND football should ALWAYS be playoffs or bust, in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

7-4 should get UND into the playoffs.

Benchmark for UND football should ALWAYS be playoffs or bust, in my opinion. 

7-4 would 99% get us into the playoffs with the schedule we have in 2019.   The 1% is if all the top teams we are scheduled to play crap the bed all year unexpectedly.  Heck if we beat NAU at the end of the year last year it sounds like the committee was going to put us in at 7-4, and our schedule wasn't that tough last year. 

And yes absolutely every year we should be expecting to make the playoffs going forward.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2019 at 7:52 AM, UNDColorado said:

Today is a good day. Season tickets went on sale this morning and I pulled the trigger on two seats in section 215. I will make it up there for Sam Houston and Montana Sate for sure. Can't wait!

Just renewed myself

section 215

will miss two of the first three games ;)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

We face two of the top  FCS 10 QB's to watch in the first half of our season.  That string of four games after Drake is tough.  Wait....I'll call it brutal, since we will be moving to the MVFC I want to use their proper terminology for discussing their strength of schedules.   

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-top-10-quarterbacks-watch-2019?fbclid=IwAR1eJszfBOsaeXTJ3StVnmuZTBDZ1VDN_A6O-m2GxQrWLYbLRMZmzCRi4Z4#1 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I like this. The combination of him, JJ, Weah and hopefully London could be pretty good! Hopefully the more balanced offense will be an asset to the running game because if executed properly, defenses will no longer be able to stack the box.

GRAND FORKS - University of North Dakota freshman running back Otis Weah is off of the football team and his return to the roster is unknown.

The former Moorhead Spud has been ruled academically ineligible according to two sources with direct knowledge of the situation. Weah's status at the university is in doubt because of his academic standing.

Weah had a tremendous spring for the Fighting Hawks and was being looked at as a potential feature back for UND for this upcoming season.. He played in four games in 2018, carrying the ball five times for 28 yards and scoring one touchdown. The four games was the maximum for a player to play in to maintain a redshirt and have four years of eligibility.

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

If it’s not one thing it’s 

I have no idea if it is true. Just wondering if anyone with inside info knew? It seems odd that Izzo would break this story and since it has been several hours Ihought Tom Miller or the 360 guys would have confirmed by now. I don't think Izzo would have gone public with it if it wasn't true, but you never know.