SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I too had heard about how risky Weah was academically. Makes you wonder why they only brought in one back that class because it’s not like they didn’t know about his academic situation. Roster management has been, how you say, complete dogshit, under Bubba.

Great post........

lots of sarcasm in my post.  Way to jump the gun

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

How exactly? 

Cause the plan is for him to be back in the fall.  

He was a risk but there were many conversations with him prior to getting to campus on whatbthe expectations are and what resources are available.  Funny none of these comments of knowing about the risk were made when he signed.  

56 minutes ago, homer said:

Cause the plan is for him to be back in the fall.  

He was a risk but there were many conversations with him prior to getting to campus on whatbthe expectations are and what resources are available.  Funny none of these comments of knowing about the risk were made when he signed.  

Why would I comment on that when he signs? I prefer to be positive with the new signees since it’s such an awesome thing for them. However, I had heard about the academic concerns when we offered him. He seems like a good kid and I hope he figured the school part out.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Good call! I forgot he was taking carries in spring ball.

I followed him in Beaumont Texas 6-A The kid is Special All district rb 36 carries 700 yards 12 touch downs he was the starting slot back! He made all district at rb with only 36 carries in a very part time role. And he is a 10.7 100 meter guy

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

five  or six years in...rb's and qb's are still a problem....unacceptable a this point in bubba's tenure.

Really?  I agree with QB's, but running backs?  That's gotta be the most preposterous statement I've seen so far this year.

32 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Really?  I agree with QB's, but running backs?  That's gotta be the most preposterous statement I've seen so far this year.

Hs recruiting of RBs post Santiago and Oliveira has been lacking. I wish we had a RS Jr RB. I think bringing one in a year wouldn’t be too crazy.

6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

in five or six years there have been 2 good/great rb's recruited thru...not good.

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

O-line and play calling? Combination of lots of things 

Exactly. How anyone can fairly judge RB’s until we have a good off line is beyond me. Santiago, Oliviera, Johanneson, Gordon, McKinney are all decent RBs. Santiago and Oliviera were excellent. Put these guys behind a good off line and an innovative well balanced scheme and I think we would be tough to stop.  The QB situation is also tough to judge without a good off line. I think we have been adequate all things considered.  We all tend to look at wins and losses but until we field a complete team I don’t know of many RBs or QBs who could put our past teams on their backs and will us to win. Hopefully our off lines will develop into the strength of our program. A good off line can make an average RB very good but it’s tough for an outstanding RB to make a below average off line good or great. Hunting for hogs is difficult and not an exact science because it takes kids smart enough to understand their schemes with the passion for greatness rewarded with little more than the self satisfaction of dominating the guys on the other side of the line of scrimmage. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Exactly. How anyone can fairly judge RB’s until we have a good off line is beyond me. Santiago, Oliviera, Johanneson, Gordon, McKinney are all decent RBs. Santiago and Oliviera were excellent. Put these guys behind a good off line and an innovative well balanced scheme and I think we would be tough to stop.  The QB situation is also tough to judge without a good off line. I think we have been adequate all things considered.  We all tend to look at wins and losses but until we field a complete team I don’t know of many RBs or QBs who could put our past teams on their backs and will us to win. Hopefully our off lines will develop into the strength of our program. A good off line can make an average RB very good but it’s tough for an outstanding RB to make a below average off line good or great. Hunting for hogs is difficult and not an exact science because it takes kids smart enough to understand their schemes with the passion for greatness rewarded with little more than the self satisfaction of dominating the guys on the other side of the line of scrimmage. 

The OL attrition under Bubba has been pretty crazy. Some really high potential guys that haven’t worked out. We’ve been especially snake bit at OT. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

The OL attrition under Bubba has been pretty crazy. Some really high potential guys that haven’t worked out. We’ve been especially snake bit at OT. 

It's Bubba allowing the position to be run into the ground by it's coach