SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

2 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

If you have the money, Stubhub and Vivid seats have tix available. Heard Craigslist & Ebay as well (jerks).

There are not many tickets for resale yet. Reselling tickets is part of the process.

Remember LV? There were all kinds of tickets for resale for a long time, ques what? The Orleans was packed when they dropped the puck and if you viewed the audience, you couldn't notice a fan not cheering. That crowd was into the game like the fans of a winning season at the Winter Sports Center (2nd AV N).

I'd say try Michigan down the road (if we can continue to snag these HoF games), by then we could be tied with them at 9. This game would have good hype!
Michigan has a very old hard one for us, still fuming from the old WCHA days when they left. This could be the game that breaks the ice to get them playing us again.
Play it at the X, a sell out for sure! Close to GF and with a large alumni population in TC's, ticket prices could make The Ralph some extra bucks - isn't what this is really about?

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'd love to go to a Friendship Four that they play in Belfast and add a week to my itinerary to explore all of the golf... er, I mean, sights Ireland has to offer

Hockey East controls that, don’t see anyone outside Hockey East, ECHC and Notre Dame going. 

16 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Question for those of you who got Wildhorse Saloon tickets... Is that a mobile thing too? Or in the off chance of a resale opportunity should I be looking on Ticketmaster or here?

The 2000 tix to the Wildhorse Saloon on Friday night are sold out. UND booked the entire venue as I understand. The free Saturday pre-game party will be nuts.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'd say try Michigan down the road (if we can continue to snag these HoF games), by then we could be tied with them at 9. This game would have good hype!
Michigan has a very old hard one for us, still fuming from the old WCHA days when they left. This could be the game that breaks the ice to get them playing us again.
Play it at the X, a sell out for sure! Close to GF and with a large alumni population in TC's, ticket prices could make The Ralph some extra bucks - isn't what this is really about?

Why was Michigan ticked off at North Dakota when they left the WCHA? 

Does Penn State have an active message board for hockey?  The only one I can think of is thankyouterry.com, but I think the guy who ran it shut it down.  With PSU selling out there arena every night, it's pretty crazy that their main message boards don't really have much hockey talk.  I wan't to read about their thoughts on the game, but maybe nobody there cares.

5 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

cberkas has it right with the skilled players from up north that were generally a little older, and I'll add that it was not only us. Denver and CC were also trying to help Canadians get an American college education.

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Does Penn State have an active message board for hockey?  The only one I can think of is thankyouterry.com, but I think the guy who ran it shut it down.  With PSU selling out there arena every night, it's pretty crazy that their main message boards don't really have much hockey talk.  I wan't to read about their thoughts on the game, but maybe nobody there cares.

What we have in our message board is a bit of an albatross in college hockey. As far as I've seen the only team that has anything close to the level of engagement in the college hockey world is Gopher Puck Live.  Other teams have some message boards but posts are few and far between.

24 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That's pretty impressive, this will make some jealous.

When things like this get to largely be the beneficiary of one team, over time the powers/decision makers usually tend to neutralize it.

Like bidding higher to secure a home FB playoff game?!?!?

I'm good with that.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seriously, with the way our fans travel, and just the number of fans for this program we have, UND might as well think big.  And I mean BIG!!  Schedule a game and US Bank Stadium against the Gophers!! ;):D

Too big. That building would be bad for hockey. 

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

Roar Lions Roar

This is all I could find for a forum... Not much for hockey on it.

It really baffles me how bad the message boards are at most p5 schools.  We are REALLY lucky with Sioux Sports.  I've found a rivals board and 247, but those really aren't that great, and many have paid, restricted viewing sections.  Many p5 schools will have like a basketball section, football, and and often not even a specific area for non revenue sports.  It's just odd that there is more message board chatter here for sports like womens volleyball and basketball than there is for PSU's hockey team, when there is enough interest to fill their barn with 6k people every game.  

23 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

Dont think Michigan valued at all UND, Denver, CC, Duluth etc because they were all DII schools then.  Joined with Ohio St, W Mich, Miami, BGSU instead and N Dame and Mich St jumped at the same time.  The CCHA became a Detroit centered conference which is blue/gold.