SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

I assume this game will be one of the highest attended regular season hockey games not played in a football stadium or baseball park.

I'm sure Brad is on it as we speak.

I also assume Michigan and Michigan state played in some sellouts at Joe Louis arena.

I wonder what the highest attended UND regular season hockey game is?

13,650 attended the Omaha outdoor game.

The demand for tickets has been higher for each event than the one before it.

Omaha was bigger than Winnipeg.

New York City was bigger than Omaha.

Vegas was bigger than New York City.

And, assuming they get things finalized, Nashville 2020 will be bigger than Vegas.

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Future destination games:

Have to redo Vegas at T-Mobile arena at some point.

Tampa to relive 2016 and enjoy the beaches.

At this point it might be limited to NHL arenas otherwise New Orleans would be a no brainer.

TB...PHX...Vegas in that order

On 12/12/2019 at 1:28 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Maybe Rocco's wife Abby could sing the anthem...she's got a great voice. Be a pretty cool connection to UND IMO.

Tigirlily would be another nice option. I believe they are from Hazen, but currently live in Nashville. One of the band members will be graduating from UND soon. 

• Upvote 1

UND is currently hoping to play a destination game once every two or three years rather than every year to keep it fresh and unique. After Nashville, the most talked-about potential destination for 2022 within the athletic department is Seattle, which will have an NHL team in place by then.

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Future destination games:

Have to redo Vegas at T-Mobile arena at some point.

Tampa to relive 2016 and enjoy the beaches.

At this point it might be limited to NHL arenas otherwise New Orleans would be a no brainer.

There is the tournament there that has been annually. 

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Brad said looking at Seattle or Vegas again.

Seattle.......yuck. Lived in the Portland area for a few years. That's even worse.

Vegas please....the Knights games we went to were a blast.

So, back when the game was announced and UND sent out the email with the list of hotels for which blocks of rooms were reserved, we went ahead and booked our three rooms for Thursday through Sunday.

Because the charter flights look like they might be going out on Wednesday, we've been trying to extend the stay to include Wednesday night too, even though UND hadn't reserved the rooms for that night.

I called the hotel directly today because they don't list any rooms as available.  The very nice lady that I spoke to said they were working on the problem and anticipated that they would be able to grant our request.  It was obvious I wasn't their first call.  "We didn't know y'all was going to be coming down here for so many days."  :lol: