SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

Does anyone know where we are at with the following?

QB: There has been speculation with Logan Graetz. I haven't see anything on the kid, and don't know how he stacks up with any other potentials. Has there been communication with this kid, or is it just speculation. Does anyone know if there is mutual interest? Do we have other potentials? Any QB will not do here, we need an actual scholly QB that can compete.

WR: As far as I'm aware Caleb Nelson has not committed yet. I kind of wonder what he waiting for. He has an FBS offer, so if he wanted to play at a bigger school I would have though he would have already signed. Do we have a feel for if we can land this kid before the next signing day?

NG: Any potentials here for a dropdown?

Any other potential late additions.

14 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

QB: There has been speculation with Logan Graetz. I haven't see anything on the kid, and don't know how he stacks up with any other potentials. Has there been communication with this kid, or is it just speculation. Does anyone know if there is mutual interest? Do we have other potentials? Any QB will not do here, we need an actual scholly QB that can compete.

WR: As far as I'm aware Caleb Nelson has not committed yet. I kind of wonder what he waiting for. He has an FBS offer, so if he wanted to play at a bigger school I would have though he would have already signed. Do we have a feel for if we can land this kid before the next signing day?

Is he listed as a WR? Thought he was listed as a CB?

15 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I think that I read somewhere that he wanted to wait until Feb to commit.  Makes sense versus someone like our QB recruit, who commits right away, but then decommits when what he believes is a better opportunity comes along.

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think that I read somewhere that he wanted to wait until Feb to commit.  Makes sense versus someone like our QB recruit, who commits right away, but then decommits when what he believes is a better opportunity comes along.

Hopefully his bro is really enjoying himself here and makes a good pitch.

15 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Found it.  Article was from October, but pretty in depth.  https://247sports.com/Article/Three-star-ATH-Caleb-Nelson-open-to-either-side-of-ball-123453309/

"I think I'll wait until the following semester and wait and see who’s there for me so I'll probably sign in February," said Nelson.

From the FB360 site "The first official recruiting weekend of the 2019 “second season” will be on January 26th."

hopefully we can get some of the final pieces of this class committed.  I'd expect at least one QB to be on campus. Should give us a better idea of who we are still actively targeting anyway. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

On his Twitter account he has 3 star DB and in his hudl tape its all DB highlights. So that's what I was going off of. So UND must be recruiting him as a WR?

"San Jose State offered me as a receiver," said Nelson. "North Dakota, Sacramento State and Howard all offered me as a cornerback."

"I originally was a receiver at the heart but now it's really as a DB and I think I'm a DB at the next level," said Nelson. "It's great going against the receivers I do in practice. I go against (Clemson commit) Joe Ngata and (2020 four-star) Elijhah Badger and I'm seeing the best talent every day in practice and my toughest competition each week comes in my own practice."

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

"San Jose State offered me as a receiver," said Nelson. "North Dakota, Sacramento State and Howard all offered me as a cornerback."

"I originally was a receiver at the heart but now it's really as a DB and I think I'm a DB at the next level," said Nelson. "It's great going against the receivers I do in practice. I go against (Clemson commit) Joe Ngata and (2020 four-star) Elijhah Badger and I'm seeing the best talent every day in practice and my toughest competition each week comes in my own practice."

Nelson appears to be a lock down CB.  I like that.

• Upvote 2

On 1/13/2019 at 8:22 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Just offered Graetz per his Twitter. Must at least have a chance if he tweeted it?? 

42 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yup. Was committed to NDSU as a PWO prior to the Gophers PWO offer. 

I don't mind Johnny Jumpers when it's logical.  Obviously on a PWO basis the Gophers is better than NDJuiceU, and a scholarship at FCS is another direction/discussion than being a PWO at FBS.

• Upvote 1