SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

https://undfootball360.com/news/360-reaction-2019-recruiting-class/

We guarantee, without a doubt, that UND is going to sign a quarterback in February. They have to and know that. There are currently four QB’s on the roster (Ketteringham, Zimmerman, Boltmann, Grover) but Ketteringham and Zimmerman are seniors. New OC Danny Freund is putting a premium on the position and will keep it well stocked each year(he is now the QB coach).

• Upvote 3

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, Hambone said:

Martens committed to and signed with UNI last night.

There were a few other offerees (offers may not have still been on the table) that signed elsewhere:  

LB Elijah Anderson-Taylor, 6'1”, 205, 4.7, Centennial (Eaglecrest), CO Signed with UNC

CB Diamond Evans, 5'9”, 175, LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy), IL Signed with SDSU

DE Jaylen Pate, 6'4“, 220, Chicago (Lane Tech Prep), IL Signed with Wyoming

CB Brett Hiatt, 6’1”, 180, Wentzville (Timberland), MO Signed with IN St

I didn’t look back on this but is UND after these two teammates?

Tupak Kpeayeh RB 

Jayden Johannsen QB

both from SF Washington powerhouse in SD football. UND hasn’t been able to make inroads in SD and there is talent there. They’ll have to take a couple chances on some guys to do that or offer money when the SD schools or NDSU offer PWO. JoHannsen might be a nice QB option and Tupak is the all time leading rusher in SD high school football. Enjoy watching his highlight tape. Him paired with Weah and London after next year would be a nice trio. Would be a great start to getting back into SD.

3 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

I didn’t look back on this but is UND after these two teammates?

Tupak Kpeayeh RB 

Jayden Johannsen QB

both from SF Washington powerhouse in SD football. UND hasn’t been able to make inroads in SD and there is talent there. They’ll have to take a couple chances on some guys to do that or offer money when the SD schools or NDSU offer PWO. JoHannsen might be a nice QB option and Tupak is the all time leading rusher in SD high school football. Enjoy watching his highlight tape. Him paired with Weah and London after next year would be a nice trio. Would be a great start to getting back into SD.

I really like Kpeayeh’s film. Great suddenness and shake.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, geaux_sioux said:

I really like Kpeayeh’s film. Great suddenness and shake.

Unless things have changed greatly in the last few years I would be surprised if he would qualify academically.  

Interesting podcast yesterday....

https://t.co/3CuNRbypZF

It appears we will not schedule at 12th game next year. 

It appears they are looking at the following QBs:

Logan Graetz, 6'4", 190, River Falls, WI  Has committed to UM as a PWO

Riley Kinney, 6'4", 190, Loveland (Loveland), CO  Has/had offer from Columbia

Hayden Ekern, 6'1", 195, Chicago (St. Rita), IL   Had committed to Montana St (?)

Jayden Johannsen, 6'2“, 200, 4.8, Sioux Falls (Washington), SD

Walker Kinney, 6'3", 215, Stilwell (Blue Valley), KS  Has/had offers from SDSU, Weber St & IL St

Matt Campbell, 6'5", 210, Fort Scott (Fort Scott), IA  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Nodak78 said:

It is a great podcast.   sounds like we will have a OL early next week.  Regarding QB.  It looks like Graetz signed as a PWO.  Can he get out of that signing.  The Gophers are loaded a QB and he may want to reconsider his signing.

Would love to get Graetz or Riley Kinney. Graetz as mentioned above is a Gopher PWO. Saw somewhere also that he was once committed to the Bison, so not sure if he would come back down to the FCS. As for Kinney, currently a PWO at Nebraska where he has some family history. Would love to get either one.

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Interesting podcast yesterday....

https://t.co/3CuNRbypZF

It appears we will not schedule at 12th game next year. 

It appears they are looking at the following QBs:

Logan Graetz, 6'4", 190, River Falls, WI  Has committed to UM as a PWO

Riley Kinney, 6'4", 190, Loveland (Loveland), CO  Has/had offer from Columbia

Hayden Ekern, 6'1", 195, Chicago (St. Rita), IL   Had committed to Montana St (?)

Jayden Johannsen, 6'2“, 200, 4.8, Sioux Falls (Washington), SD

Walker Kinney, 6'3", 215, Stilwell (Blue Valley), KS  Has/had offers from SDSU, Weber St & IL St

Matt Campbell, 6'5", 210, Fort Scott (Fort Scott), IA  

Absolutely fabulous podcast. 

Great job by those guys. Keep it up. 

A lot of positivity for the future. 

• Upvote 2

I believe PWO’s aren’t really signed it’s just a verbal commitment. The signing day signature is just for show. Its my understanding you’re able to leave without a release if no scholarship is given. I might be wrong about that. 

2 hours ago, bang said:

I believe PWO’s aren’t really signed it’s just a verbal commitment. The signing day signature is just for show. Its my understanding you’re able to leave without a release if no scholarship is given. I might be wrong about that. 

This was my understanding as well.

On 1/5/2019 at 10:49 AM, bang said:

Correct. Sometimes a PWO will sign a NLI as part of a signing ceremony, but it's a meaningless document for them. The NLI is a legal document, but it requires a scholarship offer to make it valid. No scholarship means no valid NLI. No valid NLI means no obligation for the student-athlete to actually attend the university in question.

44 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

Correct. Sometimes a PWO will sign a NLI as part of a signing ceremony, but it's a meaningless document for them. The NLI is a legal document, but it requires a scholarship offer to make it valid. No scholarship means no valid NLI. No valid NLI means no obligation for the student-athlete to actually attend the university in question.

And be/remain eligible for football to qualify for the scholarship...

50 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

And on that note ...

Put this guy atop my wish list.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6580786/Logan-Graetz  - Logan Graetz, 6'4", 190, River Falls, WI  Has committed to UM as a PWO

Potential to be a hell of a QB, particularly in the type of system that I think Freund is going to run. Also, he is from Freund's home state of Wisconsin ...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

And on that note ...

Put this guy atop my wish list.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6580786/Logan-Graetz  - Logan Graetz, 6'4", 190, River Falls, WI  Has committed to UM as a PWO

Potential to be a hell of a QB, particularly in the type of system that I think Freund is going to run. Also, he is from Freund's home state of Wisconsin ...

He and the Kinney from Kansas had my favorite film of the New group of qb targets.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

6'2" 270# NT with offers from Sac St, Columbia, and San Diego

we've offered a bunch of his HS classmates (Folsom, CA), maybe we can get a group discount. Bring this guy, Caleb Nelson (DB), Chandon Pierre (DE/LB), and Joe Wagner (OL) in.....

• Upvote 2