SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i love the old lamerioux argument...if you don't have a gold medal around your neck your opinion on certain topics is irrelevant. 

Except not everyone is talented enough to play college or even the Olympics.  

Every single person can contribute to NIL and direct their funds where they want to go.  And I would be willing to bet if you contribute they would answer the questions you have.  

The UND football problem is complex/multifactorial, which makes any argument towards a single issue laughable.

Need improvement across the board. I can clearly say the NIL and facility recent upgrades are moves toward improvement; but the coaching, recruiting and motivation is still beyond questionable. 

36 minutes ago, homer said:

Every single person can contribute to NIL and direct their funds where they want to go.  And I would be willing to bet if you contribute they would answer the questions you have.  

NIL is going to be a net negative for FCS as a whole, with FBS programs poaching top FCS talent.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

NIL is going to be a net negative for FCS as a whole, with FBS programs poaching top FCS talent.

Don’t disagree but NIL is the one part of this fans control vs the administration.  It’s likely the most important part of player retention and recruitment right now in college sports.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, homer said:

once again i was called a nosy parker for even asking what kunz got.........i think a lot of people are missing the point of the NIL ....EVERYONE will eventually know what your NIL and what each player is getting IF the number is moving the needle.

• Like 1

There's lots of great coaches who have seen their players leave for the money.

I highly doubt Saban retires if NIL was not the way it is. I thought it was to allow the player to get some money for HIS jersey that got sold and for which he got nothing (except a free college scholarship).

It's just paying guys now even before they get a jersey.

• Upvote 3

Below is a list of names that were on the 2023 Roster but will not be on the Fall 2024 Roster. Graduation / Portal exits. Included Martens as well. 

Defense

• DB
    • Siegel
    • Buckner
    • Ocansey
    • Fort
    • Kauppinen
    • Martens
  • DL
    • Griffin Jr
    • McNaboe
    • Ogbu
    • Saltonstall
    • Johnson
  • LB
    • Koshiol
    • Mullin

Offense

• OL
    • Carroll
    • Egunjobi
    • Bryant
    • Borud
    • Lavell
    • Ventrelli
    • Hagen
    • Kilty
  • QB
    • Schuster
  • RB
    • Skokna
  • WR
    • Elidor
    • Wilson
    • Wright
  • TE
    • Gehin
    • Schusted

Special Teams

• Stevens

29 total

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

Below is a list of names that were on the 2023 Roster but will not be on the Fall 2024 Roster. Graduation / Portal exits. Included Martens as well. 

Special Teams

• Stevens

This one hurts.....

• Upvote 3

I know we don't do optimism here very well but let's try. At the very least, I have questions that I don't know the answers to. Concentrating exclusively on the offense. I would make the argument that things went perfectly this off-season with the QB, RB, WR, TE positional groups. if I was the GM, everything would have happened according to plan. I believe the portal exits of Schuster and Wright were mutual. We'll see if that was the right call on Schuster, but I'm happy they did it. Turnover in general is healthy (there's an ideal amount). Those four positional groups had the ideal amount. Key Covid year returners in Belquist and Vaughn. 

Offensive-Line. There's a huge difference as well between Graduates / Portal exits in the Fall vs Spring. 

1. How did the Coaching staff feel about the O-Line following Spring ball.
    • Starting 5
    • Two-Deep
  2. Was Egunjobi part of the two-deep following Spring ball, or was his exit directly tied with his "rank" within the group
  3. Do they feel confident they have a starting 5 as things stand right now.
    • Are the guys they are offering in the portal right now players that they NEED to start? Or are they more key reserves?

I really have no idea on any of those O-Line questions. All very important.

• Upvote 2