SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Quality, proven OL can make pretty solid money in today's transfer portal world. Kilty did just fine for himself ending up at K-State, he was one of the top OL available.
Really sucks, but unfortunately it looks like it is the way it is going to be for the foreseeable future....

22 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I don't have season tickets but this is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.   Forcing people to buy something is never good.

Agreed, but dealing with angry season ticket holders who lost their seat for a playoff game because they didn't go buy them within the first few days is equally as frustrating, as is trying to sell tickets, not knowing what seats are going to be available. Understand why it was done, not sure this was the year to test the waters on it though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Let’s hope we need to use the playoff fee this year.

if not you have the credit for next year

like we say, the new normal is here, get used to it until the next new normal is here 

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Quality, proven OL can make pretty solid money in today's transfer portal world. Kilty did just fine for himself ending up at K-State, he was one of the top OL available.
Really sucks, but unfortunately it looks like it is the way it is going to be for the foreseeable future....

Agreed, but dealing with angry season ticket holders who lost their seat for a playoff game because they didn't go buy them within the first few days is equally as frustrating, as is trying to sell tickets, not knowing what seats are going to be available. Understand why it was done, not sure this was the year to test the waters on it though.

Can't they sell the season ticket holders their seat after the game is announced?   Isn't that how it's done elsewhere?  It really doesn't matter to me since I'm not a season ticket holder, but it sure isn't adding any incentive for me to run out an buy either.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Can't they sell the season ticket holders their seat after the game is announced?   Isn't that how it's done elsewhere?  It really doesn't matter to me since I'm not a season ticket holder, but it sure isn't adding any incentive for me to run out an buy either.

That's what they have done in the past. It has its own hiccups like I mentioned: season ticket holders don't know they have to go buy their seats within a few days and then end up losing them. The ticket office can put non-season tickets on sale but then the people that buy those don't have a shot a better (more expensive) seats that season ticket holders don't claim unless they wait for those to be released. Again, not saying I agree with it, especially trying it this year, but they are trying to simplify things.

Not a particularly apt comparison, because results, but it is the same thing they do for hockey season tickets.

2 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Startign RG Sam Hagen is in the portal

I’m sure this is why the roster hasn’t been posted yet, waiting for more portals before announcing 

Just now, 1972 said:

so we extend Bubba, loose a bunch to the portal, raise season ticket prices, and raise tailgating prices....what else can they do to completly cratter the program?

@Cratter:huh:

What'd he do now ... :glare:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hockey to FB  comparison is apples to oranges as you mentioned. This is a money grab by the AD....plain and simple. If you're a FB season ticket holder for any length of time you know the drill for home playoff tickets. It's not complicated. You miss out on ticket that's on you. This puts the responsibility solely on the ticket holder and absolves the AD from any responsibility. It's pathetic the more I analyze it.

What the playoff game is Thanksgiving Saturday.  Why should I or anyone be on the hook for tickets if ine can't use them because of holiday plans?

And for the record you could have walked up to the ticket window 15 minutes before kickoff for any playoff game during Bubba's run and get tickets.

No arguments on pretty much all of it from me minus the money grab part. They aren't getting any extra money from anyone on it, unless you have to buy the ticket and aren't going to use it I guess?
I wonder if you call in if you can remove the playoff game from your invoice, similar as you have been able to in the past with the hockey playoff series or like they said you are able to do with the Hall of Fame game. Being that it is a separate line item, I would guess the answer is yes.

I'm sure it was a joint decision, but I'm curious if the REA (who handles the tickets) or the Athletic Department came up with the idea.

49 minutes ago, Sioux_FF said:

Logged into my account.  Looks like tailgate spots are going from $55 each to $100!

Do tailgate spots pay an additional game day parking fee?

what was general parking last year 10 or $15 a game so was probably more per game than tailgating

7 home games this year so it’s $14.28 per game for a tailgate spot 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

Do tailgate spots pay an additional game day parking fee?

what was general parking last year 10 or $15 a game so was probably more per game than tailgating

7 home games this year so it’s $14.28 per game for a tailgate spot 

no additional cost for parking if you have a tailgate spot.

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

yah probably not the year to ask people to tie up their money for at least two years.

Gotta pay for Bubbas extension somehow. :silly:

Yet another reason that affirms our decision to not renew our tix. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

No arguments on pretty much all of it from me minus the money grab part. They aren't getting any extra money from anyone on it, unless you have to buy the ticket and aren't going to use it I guess?
I wonder if you call in if you can remove the playoff game from your invoice, similar as you have been able to in the past with the hockey playoff series or like they said you are able to do with the Hall of Fame game. Being that it is a separate line item, I would guess the answer is yes.

I'm sure it was a joint decision, but I'm curious if the REA (who handles the tickets) or the Athletic Department came up with the idea.

If Bubba follows his usual pattern this will be the year we miss the playoffs altogether and then the athletic dept has the money.  I agree with Oxbow, it's a money grab.

You might be on to something about the idea originating with REA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I don't like the paying for a playoff game either.  The only positive I can come up with is maybe if they know they have that base for ticket sales for a playoff game it makes it easier to bid to host.

I'd think the AD would bid based on what he thinks it takes to secure the game, not on how many show up.   Losing money on the first round is not uncommon I bet.