SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

I’m feeling pretty pessimistic right now about next year. I’ve been a big Danny guy so that’s a big reason and then the o-line turnover + no faith in Joel and the D. Right now, this is my prediction

Iowa State - L

Montana - L

Idaho State - W

San Diego - W

Murray State - W

NDSU - L

UNI - L

Youngstown State - L

Indiana State - L 

SDSU - L

USD - W (only because we never lose to them at home)

Illinois State - L

4-8…. like I said, I am feeling pretty pessimistic right now. Maybe by fall ball I will put the green colored glasses back on. 

• Upvote 1

I see four more wins. Which games do you see us winning if Danny was still here? Every school dealing with portal issues. Youngstown State just lost a key skills player to portal. Special teams wins us at least one if not two games. 8-4 (I want to be optimistic for the players).

Iowa State - L

Montana - L

Idaho State - W

San Diego - W

Murray State - W

NDSU - L

UNI - W (home cooking)

Youngstown State - W (we beat them there two years ago and they took some portal hits)

Indiana State - W (Larry Bird ain't coming through that door)

SDSU - L

Illinois State - W (playoffs could be on the line, we'll know what we have by now) 

12 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I see four more wins. Which games do you see us winning if Danny was still here? Every school dealing with portal issues. Youngstown State just lost a key skills player to portal. Special teams wins us at least one if not two games. 8-4 (I want to be optimistic for the players).

I just spit out my coffee reading this......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I hope you’re right. 

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

*Except the other Dakota schools or Montana

Otherwise, a great point that needs to be highlighted. Between Graduation / Portal departures this winter, ISU-Blue, UNI, Murray & Youngstown were decimated. All things considered, UND made it through the winter portal relatively unscathed. Spring portal is a different animal, unfortunately, UND's two losses so far might break the offense. Not sure if the four teams I mentioned had any type of big losses this Spring as well.

Just now, AJS said:

*Except the other Dakota schools.

Otherwise, a great point that needs to be highlighted. Between Graduation / Portal departures this winter, ISU-Blue, UNI, Murray & Youngstown were decimated. All things considered, UND made it through the winter portal relatively unscathed. Spring portal is a different animal, unfortunately, UND's two losses so far might break the offense. Not sure if the four teams I mentioned had any type of big losses this Spring as well.

NDSU has had a ton of portal losses.  This year is the exception isn't it?

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

We are talking about the 2024 season, aren't we? 

I'll grant you that.  Yes.  

UND's OL losses shouldn't break the offense like our OL losses did after the spring season.  This time around, there is tons of time to find OL transfers to come in and contribute.  I understand that you said it "might" break the offense, not that it "will" break the offense, however.  Coaching staff needs to hit on some OL and Defensive transfers this offseason, and I'm not super confident yet that they will.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m feeling pretty pessimistic right now about next year. I’ve been a big Danny guy so that’s a big reason and then the o-line turnover + no faith in Joel and the D. Right now, this is my prediction

Iowa State - L

Montana - L

Idaho State - W

San Diego - W

Murray State - W

NDSU - L

UNI - L

Youngstown State - L

Indiana State - L 

SDSU - L

Illinois State - L

4-8…. like I said, I am feeling pretty pessimistic right now. Maybe by fall ball I will put the green colored glasses back on. 

Would agree with this. Indiana State would be very winnable as well.

-2024 schedule is promising, but 2013-like disaster very possible.

-Better players are crucial, especially after the transfer losses, but the coaches recruit/retain; falls back onto coaches.

-Extending Bubba maintains status quo, no playoff success. 

-Passive change is only way UND improves to new level; that is, Bubba retirement only way things change. Bubba with apparent lifetime contract. Would like to see someone else get a chance at this point, maybe new OC ascends and Bubba allows him to have the job? Bubba's friends favor him over actual UND football results. Good for Bubba that he has made a lot of friends. 

-Bubba lacks leadership ability to compete regionally with big boys (NDSU, SDSU, Montana, Montana State)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Would agree with this. Indiana State would be very winnable as well.

I've got Indiana State in the win column, but not a sure win since UND almost lost to them last year

3 hours ago, AJS said:

*Except the other Dakota schools or Montana

Montana quarterback Clifton McDowell transferred to Temple in January and is transferring again to McNeese St. 

That will be his 6th school in 6 years.  He also committed to Southern for a couple weeks somewhere in his journey but never went there. 

7 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Montana quarterback Clifton McDowell transferred to Temple in January and is transferring again to McNeese St. 

That will be his 6th school in 6 years.  He also committed to Southern for a couple weeks somewhere in his journey but never went there. 

The N$AA is going to have to put a minimum waiting period between transfers as well as limited number of times you can transfer.   Things are beyond "out of hand".

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

The N$AA is going to have to put a minimum waiting period between transfers as well as limited number of times you can transfer.   Things are beyond "out of hand".

They can’t do that now with the Anti-trust law suits. 

only way to put limits on it now is for the athletes ti basically form a union and collective bargain

Otherwise ncaa willl get hung up in courts and things will continue like they are

23 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Ncaa F it up.  No drive seat.  P5 and nobody else.

Certainly it will end up being P5 for the biggest TV contracts and the top players.

Still room for the others.

It will come down to players being unionized, guaranteed contracts, but contracts that make them stick to the team that signed them at least for some duration of time,

There's a pile of TV money for P5. Not sure how much for the rest.

22 hours ago, nodak651 said:

UND's OL losses shouldn't break the offense like our OL losses did after the spring season.  This time around, there is tons of time to find OL transfers to come in and contribute.  I understand that you said it "might" break the offense, not that it "will" break the offense, however.  Coaching staff needs to hit on some OL and Defensive transfers this offseason, and I'm not super confident yet that they will.  

Unlike many teams our O line recruiting has been very talented and deep. Yea I’m worried about replacing starters with guys who have never played but I think we have a full stable of guys that can step up! O line recruiting has been one of our biggest strengths!

my biggest concerns are still on the defensive side. I think our secondary can step up but are our d line and linebackers ready to step up? Is it scheme? Either way I hope we have it figured out 

22 hours ago, nodak651 said:

You have much higher expectations for this coaching staff then I do that's for sure. 

• Like 1