SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Will be a long day of tailgating!

I believe the Alerus/UND are planning big things that day.  I have heard they are looking at a live band/concert in the parking lot that afternoon 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I believe the Alerus/UND are planning big things that day.  I have heard they are looking at a live band/concert in the parking lot that afternoon 

Good to hear. The tailgate deck thing for the NDSU game was nice last year.

3 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Montana - night game

I hate to be too positive on here, but with a night game and a full crowd that is pumped it's possible that we catch lightning in a bottle for 3 hours and pull off an upset. Could be a three score loss though too, but I'm not going to write this one off as a loss quite yet. May change after seeing how we look against Iowa State the week before. 

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure seems that way. Will Bubba’s buddies ever see the light? Nice guy, but can’t compete at the highest level. Too nice; nervous guy vibes rub off on his teams, and he just wont retire…

I guess I wouldn't retire either if they were going to keep paying me to do the same thing. Not going to bash to the level of saying he does nothing, but he isn't taking us to the next level. But as a guy who enjoys a paycheck, I'd take the money if they kept giving it to me too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I guess I wouldn't retire either if they were going to keep paying me to do the same thing. Not going to bash to the level of saying he does nothing, but he isn't taking us to the next level. But as a guy who enjoys a paycheck, I'd take the money if they kept giving it to me too.

exactly....this idea that bubba was just going to voluntarily say...."i don't need this money...this is your team now danny".....

13 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure seems that way. Will Bubba’s buddies ever see the light? Nice guy, but can’t compete at the highest level. Too nice; nervous guy vibes rub off on his teams, and he just wont retire…

Bubba's buddies are partially responsible for the current state of the program and will never see the light (but hey, he bleeds Sioux green).  The main responsibility however is the AD who thinks so highly of Bubba and is so happy with our program he has extended him twice.  Nothing will change here.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think Danny is or was going to be “the guy”.  He thought they all would be fired after one more average season and didn’t have the belief that they would be able to deliver a better season. I liked Danny personally thought he was a nice man. And although I understand the opportunity, abandoning the kids you recruited to coach a division rival is a s$!tty  thing to do. 

Bubba got extended for 3 reasons. He had a playoff run, he beat NDSU, and the new OC. Mostly the third. They want to see what they have there. Remember this, the games we lost were as much about downright poor or lackluster offense as defense and that is Danny. UNI for instance. 

Let’s see what kind of juice the new OC can bring.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

I don’t think Danny is or was going to be “the guy”.  He thought they all would be fired after one more average season and didn’t have the belief that they would be able to deliver a better season. I liked Danny personally thought he was a nice man. And although I understand the opportunity, abandoning the kids you recruited to coach a division rival is a s$!tty  thing to do. 

Bubba got extended for 3 reasons. He had a playoff run, he beat NDSU, and the new OC. Mostly the third. They want to see what they have there. Remember this, the games we lost were as much about downright poor or lackluster offense as defense and that is Danny. UNI for instance. 

In today's football world, there's a lot of abandonment going on. Danny was named Associate Coach a year ago. Unless the title is completely meaningless, most thought he was the heir to Bubba. He left when it became apparent that the heir wouldn't be taking over for quite awhile.

I highly disagree with the notion that the O was as bad as the D. Did you see the playoff game? The D had 2 stops all day.

I met the OC and he seems like a good guy and from what I read from Tom Miller he may have a more intense style that is needed at UND.

Whatever happens this year, the one who needs to take responsibility if things go bad is the AD as Irish pointed out above.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, shep said:

In today's football world, there's a lot of abandonment going on. Danny was named Associate Coach a year ago. Unless the title is completely meaningless, most thought he was the heir to Bubba. He left when it became apparent that the heir wouldn't be taking over for quite awhile.

I highly disagree with the notion that the O was as bad as the D. Did you see the playoff game? The D had 2 stops all day.

I met the OC and he seems like a good guy and from what I read from Tom Miller he may have a more intense style that is needed at UND.

Whatever happens this year, the one who needs to take responsibility if things go bad is the AD as Irish pointed out above.

The O also severely mismanaged the end of that playoff game.  

27 minutes ago, shep said:

The AD should have stepped up years ago.

1 hour ago, Parkers Pros said:

Bubba had a playoff run?   One win over Missouri State in the covid screwed up spring season of 2020 does not constitute a "run".

• Upvote 2

If players  buy into bubba and the new coaches like some on Sioux sports do the team is doomed this year.

for players sake give them a chance

looking forward to the QB race and see if defense has some new blood and how the strength and conditioning coach gets players better

• Upvote 3

On 5/5/2024 at 6:50 AM, Parkers Pros said:

You couldn't be more WRONG!

Town Hall meeting with Chaves, Martinson, Jody Hodgson on Tuesday at the Betty.  "The thought process is to be as transparent as possible with information."  (Bill Chaves)

Anybody going?  I read as well that there have already been questions submitted through an online portal.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Town Hall meeting with Chaves, Martinson, Jody Hodgson on Tuesday at the Betty.  "The thought process is to be as transparent as possible with information."  (Bill Chaves)

Anybody going?  I read as well that there have already been questions submitted through an online portal.    

Yep, I submitted a question online. I plan on going if nothing is going on. It's only one hour. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

IMG_2498.gif