SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

37 minutes ago, shep said:

IF SU's D line can handle the UND line to the point HOOS and Red and Smith can't run the ball, the game is going to be a long one. Not confident the D can consistently stop SU.

Agree, we will need to get some yards on the ground.  I'm thinking we will have to use the short passes and misdirection stuff to open the game though, which it seems like we normally do....and that opens up the run later.  Not that you don't run at all right away, but just sprinkle it in initially.   Danny can't get too cute, and our standard trick plays we've run won't work.....QB throw back...reverses.....that type of stuff, we've run them too many times and SU is well coached and always be watching the back side and will be ready.  That said I'm hoping Danny has a wrinkle or two out of a couple of the formations that will hit.  Maybe that hook and ladder play, we haven't run that since NAU.  Sure hoping we can keep our run of hot starts this weekend, need to get some early points......well actually we will need them throughout.  Agree that it will probably take 35+ to win.   I still think sometime Q is going to fake a QB sneak and hit TE down the middle :D  But let's do that on 3rd and short instead of 4th and short :)

On 11/14/2022 at 5:20 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Quit making excuses for NDSU. It’s not a rivalry if your opposing fanbase doesn’t even care enough to attend, or at least try to buy a ticket the moment they go on sale. 

saying the rivalry is dead is like saying the Vikings will never win a super bowl……

It might be the same things as the UNO vs. UND in hockey scenario. The Omaha fans think that UND is their biggest rivalry, but I doubt the UND fans and players would think that UNO is a top rival.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The thing about trick plays is that if they don’t work you get behind the chains which many times leads to turnovers.  If we’re moving the ball, don’t get too cute and change momentum by overthinking it.  If they don’t take penalties and get into long yardage situations, they can make it hard for NDSU to know what Danny is going to do. Should be fun, and hopefully they can turn the tide against NDSU.

Let's hope Carroll has another pretty clean game snapping the ball.  There were definitely a few high ones, but none completely over the head.  Give Tommy credit for not letting those high ones affect him too much.  That is probably another reason to only put Q directly under center.  One of the early games this year Carroll snapped a high one and Q was in shotgun and it went over his head, Tommy might have grabbed it....(maybe not)....since he gets more snaps.  Losing 10-15 yards and the loss of down.....is pretty much a drive killer and like forfeiting a possession which we definitely can't afford this weekend. 

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I can't imagine what it would be like on there if they lose on Saturday!!

IF lose - our fans will show immediate frustrations, but not like the Bison explosion if they lose.
That last part - we've been planning this for quite some time, Hawks I'm begging you please Louise make it happen.

Undefeated Philadelphia was a 11 point favorite last night, Washington won by 11.

14 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

What

Just stop pretending...really?  Makes you guys look like little-dick idiots seriously.  Can't even have a conversation?  SCARED to have UND's name even mentioned on a news media outlet?    WOW and pretty sad honestly.

I guess when you get the ag-school contract you are not allowed to "MENTION THE OTHER SCHOOL THAT SHOULD NEVER BE MENTIONED in any form!"  It's actually hilarious...plus you obviously have small weiners!  LOL

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Goon said:

It might be the same things as the UNO vs. UND in hockey scenario. The Omaha fans think that UND is their biggest rivalry, but I doubt the UND fans and players would think that UNO is a top rival.  

No.  UNO is a joke with no history.  UND football isn't.

8 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Just stop pretending...really?  Makes you guys look like little-dick idiots seriously.  Can't even have a conversation?  SCARED to have UND's name even mentioned on a news media outlet?    WOW and pretty sad honestly.

I guess when you get the ag-school contract you are not allowed to "MENTION THE OTHER SCHOOL THAT SHOULD NEVER BE MENTIONED in any form!"  It's actually hilarious...plus you obviously have small weiners!  LOL

There is a thread over there, a few posters from UND as well chime in fairly often.  Some weirdo keyboard warriors who pitch a fit about anything UND?  For sure.  Just ignore them and life goes on. 

I see you have a fascination with small dicks.  Something you wanna tell us about?  

i made the mistake of reading a bit on Bisonville....oof, there is a lot of high and mighty, nose in the air fans on there...granted, they have earned the right to expect to win, but to completely down play UND is a bit head in the sand syndrome....

4 minutes ago, 1972 said:

i made the mistake of reading a bit on Bisonville....oof, there is a lot of high and mighty, nose in the air fans on there...granted, they have earned the right to expect to win, but to completely down play UND is a bit head in the sand syndrome....

Eh, fans haven't earned anything lol.  But I get the point.

7 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Bisonville is 10 guys who know each other offline who have inside jokes with each other. 15 years ago it was a decent place to have a football discussion, but hasn’t been for a long time. 

Throw in Lakes/el chapo and you’ve got an absolutely dumpster fire of a website.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Bisonville is 10 guys who know each other offline who have inside jokes with each other. 15 years ago it was a decent place to have a football discussion, but hasn’t been for a long time. 

Throw in Lakes/el chapo and you’ve got an absolutely dumpster fire of a website.

Which is why you post on here. You are more than welcome to stick around.

• Upvote 2

They say no rivalry but ask any student with friends or high school classmates from each school, they trash the other school and then party after the game

sioux bison week was a week long trash fest when I was in school, and many professors talked as much football as they did class work.

except my abnormal psych teacher, he is another story

2 minutes ago, shep said:

Sadly I have the same concerns

It just feels like NDSU is gonna score somewhere in the range of 35 pts, about a score above what we average giving up. They average giving up 17, that’s a lot to ask out of our offense. The only team to drop over 30 on them was Arizona. Fingers crossed but our d just isn’t there.

• Upvote 1