SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

Just now, fueledbyramen said:

Do they get excited about regular season wins? I guess I honestly don't know, I don't follow them or their fans. 

and they don't follow ndac/fcs....99% of people paying attention to this game are from north dakota..same as the brawl of the wild

2 minutes ago, fueledbyramen said:

How would a UND win change the narrative of FCS? They have 1 FCS playoff win....

that the best football program in Nodak is UND...like it's been for the last 100 years or so (other then when ndac took their ball(s) and jumped to FCS at the exact same time that the upper levels of FCS were jumping to FBS)

24 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

But you rank them on this years performance. Different than evaluating a team/program. Prior history doesn’t get you wins or cause losses this year. 

The purpose of ranking teams is to determine which team is mostly likely to win in the playoffs, not to reward teams for their scheduling policy . IMO, you cannot determine which team really is the better team... the more likely team to win... without considering things like past playoff performances. It goes to the overall quality of the program. 

2 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

The purpose of ranking teams is to determine which team is mostly likely to win in the palyoffs, not to reward teams for their scheduling policy . IMO, you cannot determine which team really is the better team... the more likely team to win... without considering things like past playoff performances. It goes to the overall quality of the program. 

Which is why UNI still gets love though they have been played inconsistent the past few years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

End of the NDSU championship era in FCS.

Oh, c'mon! NDSU has lost regular season games most years during their championship run...they lost to their biggest on-the-field rival last year ... and still won the FCS title. One regular season game won't change anything.

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not 3, and not to their rival. 

Sure, this is probably not NDSU's best team. Still, losing this one game would not be a catastrophe that would signal the end of the NDSU championship era in FCS, or even the end of NDSU's chance in this year's playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

I was just going to say why are NDSU fans so insecure the sound like a bunch of sad insecure babies 

Does remind me years ago when they beat Iowa or Iowa State and there was a radio show making fun of them. Several fans made comments about how great they are without realizing it was razzing and in jest. 

1 minute ago, F'n Hawks said:

Anybody read McFeeley’s article? He said Miller and Schuster are equal. Has he watched a UND game this year? I can’t reiterate enough how much I want UND to win this game. 

I did.  Stats they are close but if you evaluate the whole game huge difference as Tommy is dominate.

1 minute ago, F'n Hawks said:

Anybody read McFeeley’s article? He said Miller and Schuster are equal. Has he watched a UND game this year? I can’t reiterate enough how much I want UND to win this game. 

NDSU has the same QB they won a championship with last year. He's athletic, efficient and does what the coaching staff asks of him. UND asks more of their QB and he delivers more.

Predictions

If UND wins:  They make the playoffs, don’t get a seed.  NDSU doesn’t get seeded.
If NDSU wins:  NDSU gets a 3 seed. UND makes the playoffs if a 1 score game.  They don’t make the playoffs if a 3 score or more game.  On the bubble with a 2 score result. 

Final score 28-20 NDSU. 

UND’s defense still doesn’t give me enough confidence to predict a win today. Also, the offense has not shown they can score enough points against NDSU in previous matchups. I hope I am wrong.  I do believe UND has done enough to make the playoff field.