SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He averages 2 catches and 30 yards per game. Using him as a deep threat isn't going to be what beats UND. It is keeping it at 3rd and manageable and let their game manager QB have short yardage for conversions to keep their offense on the field. He's no Tommy Gun, but he's pretty efficient and does what's needed.

I called it 2 months ago, not surprised that Luepke is dinged up and will likely miss the game. Helpful for UND but Williams is a very good back.

Really hoping Roehl spends all week in his own head trying to scheme up an unnecessary gameplan. 

Yes, but we also have an issue with making players like that look like all stars. I agree that the Run D needs to be the focus, but we can't let Cam just sling it around either.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

From the little I saw Saturday, the only drop-off from Luepke to his backup is Luepke is more than a back. Luepke could just as easily be a TE. 

How physical is their next back? Part of the problem with Luepke when he killed us was he was such a bowling ball and we kept trying to tackle him high.

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

got heat for saying 7 doesn't guarantee us jack...what's our signature win this year?

youngstown state? and what's their signature win?  duquense?

abilnene christian?  and what's their signature win? sam houston?

need to see this ndac as a playoff game too.....

What is NDSU's signature win?  SIU? Their history/reputation?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

got heat for saying 7 doesn't guarantee us jack...what's our signature win this year?

We were told for years that 6 wins in MVFC is always better than 7 wins in any other conference... So a 7 win MVFC team should be even better?

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

What is NDSU's signature win?  SIU? Their history/reputation?

Per Massey (11/14/22):

NDSU W: 22, 27, 30, 34, 54, 60, 104, 126,
NDSU L: 2 and FBS 77

UND W: 23, 27, 28, 34, 37, 52, 60
UND L: 2, 22, and FBS 69

The significant difference? NDSU beat 22 (SIU); UND did not. 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

If Montana loses to MSU this weekend, they will be 7-4 without a single win verses a team with a winning record.  Although didn't check the record of NW ST who they played

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Ok…time for true confession absolutely NOT me…but my sister and her boyfriend streaked from the front door bar thru the back door of the eating area about March 1974. I was in the get away car with my boyfriend who drove….

The year sounds right, maybe earlier. Pretty popular across the country one year.
In January (snow on ground) the Sunday night before new semester classes started, we had a streak down Greek Row, got the radio station in on this. Midnight meet at U Park and head west or even join in as we pass by, jackrabbit start.
Well as the news spread, mostly fans showed up (many in parking lot S of U Avenue with members out in front of Greek Houses). We took off and the cops sirens went on, nobody joined us but the crowd cheered. We had cars to pick us up on side street N of U Avenue. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU and us each have 3 good wins.

Problem for us is if we lose, we're potentially tied with others who are currently below us.
If we win we will be a tie breaker ahead of the Bison in the conference, but likely not to the pollsters.
They love SU more than UNI and we're on the other end of that spectrum.

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The year sounds right, maybe earlier. Pretty popular across the country one year.
In January (snow on ground) the Sunday night before new semester classes started, we had a streak down Greek Row, got the radio station in on this. Midnight meet at U Park and head west or even join in as we pass by, jackrabbit start.
Well as the news spread, mostly fans showed up (many in parking lot S of U Avenue with members out in front of Greek Houses). We took off and the cops sirens went on, nobody joined us but the crowd cheered. We had cars to pick us up on side street N of U Avenue. 

Yes, streaking down greek row was still a think even in the mid 2000's. Anchor run down University and around the Delta Gamma anchor, and back to where we started ... which I won't mention :lol:

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Problem for us is if we lose, we're potentially tied with others who are currently below us.
If we win we will be a tie breaker ahead of the Bison in the conference, but likely not to the pollsters.
They love SU more than UNI and we're on the other end of that spectrum.

That is definitely the crazy part. If we beat the Bison we have a strong SOS, the same record, the tiebreaker head to head, but we we would likely still be ranked below them in a STATS poll. that being said, IF all that were to happen I can't imagine them getting the seed over UND, it just wouldn't make sense (like logic has anything to do with it). Obviously I just want a win, but if you could someone win a two score game or better, that would change things as well.

Our D makes me a little nervous, and even though our offense is good, you have to respect what their D is capable of. My big question mark is the coaching. Bubba and company have to find a way to not overthink and over coach these games. It cost them last year, and it showed up again against SDSU. 4th and 1 on our 30 ... Punt! 4th and 1 on their 30 ... QB sneak with Q! There should not be any more though to it than that. No trying to trick them, no thinking they will expect this, just stick with what has worked all season. Just my opinion!

21 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

That is definitely the crazy part. If we beat the Bison we have a strong SOS, the same record, the tiebreaker head to head, but we we would likely still be ranked below them in a STATS poll.

That would be absolutely ridiculous, but given their history and stranglehold, I don’t doubt it.

UND just needs to take care of what they can control and take care of business. 

23 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Bubba and company have to find a way to not overthink and over coach these games.

This is important. Players rally and take on the persona of their coaches, even during the moments of the game itself. Bubba and his staff need to lead and get this thing done … finally.

• Upvote 2