SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

50 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Why did the UND game against the Bison sell out before the SDSU game? Seems strange that your bigger rivalry game sold out 2nd???? 

Fair point.  Guessing more UND fans than SDSU fans.  As I stated above, all it takes is one game to elevate it above....perhaps this one is it.  

47 minutes ago, AJS said:

The simplest explanation is there's a portion of the NDSU fanbase that downplays this game to the point where it's bizarre. If there wasn't anything to this game with that portion, treat it like you do every other non-FBS / SDSU / UNI game on the schedule. Somebody did mention it, but there's no doubt that UND is not their #1 rival, but there's also no team that they would rather not lose to. 

A small, loudmouth portion.  I'd put y'all just right behind SDSU and above UNI (which was a fantastic heated rivalry for awhile).  

Just now, Johnny Five said:

Fair point.  Guessing more UND fans than SDSU fans.  As I stated above, all it takes is one game to elevate it above....perhaps this one is it.  

Yeah the rivalry didn’t die in the 90’s , just a matter of time…….hard for any team to take down the dynasty that not many teams this last decade have ever been able to do…..

so if UND fans care more about their NDSU game than SDSU does that mean SDSU fans dont think the rivalry is that big?

51 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yea, there’s absolutely no incentive for NDSU to advocate against a conference mate. None. The notion that this would be driven out of Fargo is laughable.

If NDSU wins and knocks UND out of the top 25 polls their best win then becomes NCAT or still UND which neither would be ranked. If your best win is not a ranked win then you should not be a top 4 or even 6 seed! Larson needs to pull for UND to back handedly help out his own team. The MVFC is not a 2 bid conference!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

so if UND fans care more about their NDSU game than SDSU does that mean SDSU fans dont think the rivalry is that big?

I am not so certain "care" equals butts in a rival school's stadium (though, certainly "not caring" would definitely not equal butts in a rival's stadium), but think about this from a geographical standpoint.  Where do most UND fans live?  Grand Forks and Fargo, primarily.  That's an easy game to attend.  You probably have friends/family that went to the other school and it's a fun activity for both sides.  Where do SDSU fans live?  Certainly some in Brookings, but I'm guessing many more in Sioux Falls.  Probably not many friends/family with connections to both of those schools.  Either way, Brookings and Sioux Falls are lot further from Fargo than Grand Forks and Fargo itself.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I am not so certain "care" equals butts in a rival school's stadium (though, certainly "not caring" would definitely not equal butts in a rival's stadium), but think about this from a geographical standpoint.  Where do most UND fans live?  Grand Forks and Fargo, primarily.  That's an easy game to attend.  You probably have friends/family that went to the other school and it's a fun activity for both sides.  Where do SDSU fans live?  Certainly some in Brookings, but I'm guessing many more in Sioux Falls.  Probably not many friends/family with connections to both of those schools.  Either way, Brookings and Sioux Falls are lot further from Fargo than Grand Forks and Fargo itself.

Quit making excuses for NDSU. It’s not a rivalry if your opposing fanbase doesn’t even care enough to attend, or at least try to buy a ticket the moment they go on sale. 

saying the rivalry is dead is like saying the Vikings will never win a super bowl……

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Quit making excuses for NDSU. It’s not a rivalry if your opposing fanbase doesn’t even care enough to attend, or at least try to buy a ticket the moment they go on sale. 

saying the rivalry is dead is like saying the Vikings will never win a super bowl……

I'm on your side here.  Who knows, maybe all the tickets were sold to NDSU fans.  We'll see on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, Dustin said:

After our game with SDSU this year, I would say they are our #2 rival in football.  That targeting play and subsequent unsportsmanlike conduct were the declaration of war for me.

with a victory on saturday i hope someone avenges wentz's !@#!$! brothers cheapshot on our safety....GiddyHopefulAmurstarfish-max-1mb.gif

On 11/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, Sioux94 said:

Hopefully YSU beats SIU this weekend...there would be two 7-4 Valley teams....don't see how you couldn't take one of them....and obviously we get the tie breaker on that.  Let's just win so our only worry is if we are seeded or not.  

Totally disagree.  SIU wins and only three teams in the Valley have seven or more wins.  No question who gets in unless they only take two which would be highly unlikely.

34 minutes ago, Going48 said:

Totally disagree.  SIU wins and only three teams in the Valley have seven or more wins.  No question who gets in unless they only take two which would be highly unlikely.

A win puts YSU at seven wins and the same record as us.  We get in over them based on our head to head win.  The seventh win for YSU makes our win over them look better/quality win.  So in short, go Penguins.  

or just beat the stink in’ bison on Saturday and leave no doubt.

• Upvote 2