SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

This is a winnable game IF UND plays a true three phase game. How much confidence was gained playing them close last year? Based on past performances in the Dome, I'm not optimistic. Prove myself and most everyone else wrong. Change the narrative. The opportunity is there. What if this is the game where UND plays its absolute best regular season game?

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

What if this is the game where UND plays its absolute best regular season game?

If that happens, then UND will win.  And it probably wouldn't be that close, actually.  BUUUUT, the same could be said of NDSU.  If they put together their best game, we could be blown out.

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

This is a winnable game IF UND plays a true three phase game. How much confidence was gained playing them close last year? Based on past performances in the Dome, I'm not optimistic. Prove myself and most everyone else wrong. Change the narrative. The opportunity is there. What if this is the game where UND plays its absolute best regular season game?

play a "clean" game....we win.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is important. Players rally and take on the persona of their coaches, even during the moments of the game itself. Bubba and his staff need to lead and get this thing done … finally.

Look no further than the Vikings games yesterday. Heck the whole season. KOC hasn't been perfect, but wow do his player seem to be behind him and his approach.

• Like 2

Bison fan (not sure why I gotta announce that just feel it necessary).  

As per the "rival" thing.  SDSU is definitely the main football rival, and it's really not close.  HOWEVER, all it takes is one game...one play...one win/loss.  That doesn't mean it's not a rivalry, it is, just not quite to that level.  A loss in the dome however...woof...watch out.   

Not sure I'd play 44 and run the risk of him being knocked out for the season. Obviously this is going to be a physical game.  On the flip side, they lose and there's no bye week either.  He's obviously been limited for quite a few weeks now...Obviously NDSU is going to attempt to pound the ball, even gramma sitting at home knitting hats knows that.  If Cam Miller 1st half SDSU shows up, NDSU will be fine (minus the idiotic penalty that helped changed the game lesson learned).  Let's see if Roehl can screw this up or not...  

Definitely concerned with NDSU D on this end, especially the run game.  UND will get theirs that's for sure.  I really feel like this is going to be a great game, with a great crowd, and UND should feel like they owe NDSU after last season (basically that game was handed to NDSU IMO although NDSU didn't start rolling until November last year).  

If UND wins...damn a rematch would be fire and one of the biggest sporting events in a loooong time in this state (not sure committee would do that).

Big crowd, great atmosphere...good tailgate, beer in the dome.  Sad I couldn't make it to this one.  Enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

Definitely concerned with NDSU D on this end, especially the run game.

Really?  It seems like the UND faithful are concerned about our D, especially in the run game.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

UND will get theirs that's for sure.

Are you talking rushing yards?  Or just offense in general?  We do have a nicely balanced offensive attack; definitely not been one dimensional - so far.  Not sure how much push we will get against your D-line, though.  Not sure we could beat you purely with a passing-only attack.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

What do you mean exactly?  They not talking about UND at all, or are they calling us by some other name?

Haven’t seen any mention

watched their coach on post game show and they usually discuss the next weeks game

no mention of us at all

talked about the big ag bowl festivities  or whatever it is called 

maybe a reporter will ask about the game during his press conference 

paranoid?

we have a good shot at this game , just can’t start slow 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Really?  It seems like the UND faithful are concerned about our D, especially in the run game.

Are you talking rushing yards?  Or just offense in general?  We do have a nicely balanced offensive attack; definitely not been one dimensional - so far.  Not sure how much push we will get against your D-line, though.  Not sure we could beat you purely with a passing-only attack.

I think UND can score on this Bison defense.  Physical RB has me a bit worried at least.    

But I agree, UND can give up points as well.  As I said, everyone will assume Roehl is going to try pound the ball constantly.  Didn't work very well at the Alerus last season in a slobberknocker type game but who knows how it'll be in the Fargodome.  I am expecting a great battle, any NDSU fan that isn't in this season is lying to themselves.  

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I completely agree with you. This is being pushed and set up behind closed doors down in Fargo. Absolutely ridiculous but what else is new with Juice U?

Dom has been talking for weeks about UND getting in. He thinks we are in at 7-4 but leaves in a bunch of doubt on whether we will get one of those bubble spots. He says the MVFC must be down because UND is Winning and SIU and Mo State have choked. 

news flash the MVFC isn’t down , it’s just more even competition. Just because NDSU isn’t undefeated with a crappy resume doesn’t mean the whole conference is magically overnight not the top conference in the country. Larson knows he has to advocate for MVFC teams otherwise he will hear from his fellow AD’s . I wouldn’t be surprised if Youngstown doesn’t squeak into the playoffs too. The other FCS conferences are not all of a sudden full of top football teams.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I completely agree with you. This is being pushed and set up behind closed doors down in Fargo. Absolutely ridiculous but what else is new with Juice U?

By who? Certainly not the Fargo media. Or at least not McFeeley or Izzo. They have both said UND is in at 7-4.

1 hour ago, Johnny Five said:

Bison fan (not sure why I gotta announce that just feel it necessary).  

As per the "rival" thing.  SDSU is definitely the main football rival, and it's really not close.  HOWEVER, all it takes is one game...one play...one win/loss.  That doesn't mean it's not a rivalry, it is, just not quite to that level.  A loss in the dome however...woof...watch out.   

Not sure I'd play 44 and run the risk of him being knocked out for the season. Obviously this is going to be a physical game.  On the flip side, they lose and there's no bye week either.  He's obviously been limited for quite a few weeks now...Obviously NDSU is going to attempt to pound the ball, even gramma sitting at home knitting hats knows that.  If Cam Miller 1st half SDSU shows up, NDSU will be fine (minus the idiotic penalty that helped changed the game lesson learned).  Let's see if Roehl can screw this up or not...  

Definitely concerned with NDSU D on this end, especially the run game.  UND will get theirs that's for sure.  I really feel like this is going to be a great game, with a great crowd, and UND should feel like they owe NDSU after last season (basically that game was handed to NDSU IMO although NDSU didn't start rolling until November last year).  

If UND wins...damn a rematch would be fire and one of the biggest sporting events in a loooong time in this state (not sure committee would do that).

Big crowd, great atmosphere...good tailgate, beer in the dome.  Sad I couldn't make it to this one.  Enjoy. 

Why did the UND game against the Bison sell out before the SDSU game? Seems strange that your bigger rivalry game sold out 2nd???? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

What do you mean exactly?  They not talking about UND at all, or are they calling us by some other name?

The simplest explanation is there's a portion of the NDSU fanbase that downplays this game to the point where it's bizarre. If there wasn't anything to this game with that portion, treat it like you do every other non-FBS / SDSU / UNI game on the schedule. Somebody did mention it, but there's no doubt that UND is not their #1 rival, but there's also no team that they would rather not lose to. 

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Why did the UND game against the Bison sell out before the SDSU game? Seems strange that your bigger rivalry game sold out 2nd???? 

Not trying to diminish your argument, but I think part of a logical explanation is that there would be more UND fans wanting to go to this game than SDSU fans wanting to go to their game in Fargo.  But I totally agree with AJS that NDSU would rather lose to SDSU than UND.

• Like 1