SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

I get the perception from this site that NDSU's offense is the worst it's been in many years.  But, if you look at their game scores, they are averaging 34 points/game, which is ahead of UND's offense (31 points/game).  Their defense is much more stout, too, giving up 17 while UND gives up 29.  Maybe their weaker SOS makes their wins in more dominating fashion?  The way I see us winning this game is to be absolutely prolific on offense.  I think we need 35+ to even have a chance.  Own the TOP.  10 minute drives resulting in TD is the formula.  If we can force their offense into playing a game they're not comfortable with, our defense will stiffen.  Do we sell out on their run?  Or will that make our secondary too easy of a target?  How likely are we to get QB  pressure?  Their O-line is still very good, is it not?  On Special Teams, I am not nearly as confident our guys will make a game changing play against them.  That would go a long ways, though.  This game will be a challenge.

• Upvote 2

Like what’s been said, if Luepke is out that’s huge for us. Even without him though, I fear how we stop their running. I wouldn’t be shocked if they go with their approach they had against WIU, just pound the rock. 

On the offensive side, I’d be shocked if we can’t consistently move the ball. That’s not necessarily a slight to their defense but our offense is humming. Maybe they are the ones to stop that. 

54 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if they go with their approach they had against WIU, just pound the rock. 

The entire world knows this will be NDSU’s game plan (i.e., run the ball every play if they can), and NDSU is fine with that. Now it’s simply up to UND to stop it. 

55 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Big opportunity! Gotta limit the run somehow 

Key to the game. I’ll take Tommy Schuster if it gets into a shoot out between him and Cam Miller. But the thing is, NDSU is going to do everything they can to prevent it to even get into a shootout. They’ll run the ball every play and play a super soft Cover 2 (bend but don’t break) waiting for UND to make a mistake and turn it over. 

keys:

defense: UND needs to stop NDSU run 

offense: UND and Schuster need to make good smart decisions all game long. Turn the ball over, even just a simple fumble like against SDSU this year, and NDSU will get the crowd into it and run away with the game 

13 minutes ago, Kab said:

Must win game for playoffs 

trusting a committee when$ are involved isn’t a smart thing to do

eastern bias this year will be in place 

If the NCAA cares about money they will put UND in and give us a pud opponent with no money. Putting UND at Montana is losing money for the NCAA!

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If the NCAA cares about money they will put UND in and give us a pud opponent with no money. Putting UND at Montana is losing money for the NCAA!

Sadly the NCAA has demonstrated they are willing to leave money on the table. 2015 will live in infamy as a back room dark deal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1