SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

38 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not only are we 17-1 in our last 18 home games, we are 9-1 against ranked teams in that stretch.  And we all know who that one loss was, and that was a 6 point game.  This team just simply plays better at home.  The numbers doin't lie.  And I think the crowd really makes a difference.   UND Football 360 tweeted about the 2001 Semifinal game against UC Davis and making the ALerus as loud as it was that game.   Many of us remember that game and how the crowd directly affected UC Davis ability to run their offense.  Tha Al can get rockin.  Need that typ of energy this weekend!!

Just for reference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Is there much buzz on campus and in town for the game or is it ho hum as usual?

Most of my football buzz comes from this site, but I did overhear a guy wearing a "Sioux Football" hoodie talk about tailgating last night at BWW.  He's probably a poster on this site :wink:

16 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Most of my football buzz comes from this site, but I did overhear a guy wearing a "Sioux Football" hoodie talk about tailgating last night at BWW.  He's probably a poster on this site :wink:

It's tough being a UND FB fan sometimes.  Two of my three close UND friends only bring up UND Football when we lose.  Or, when I finally get them to watch a game, we choke.  We went through school during the transition and the Muss years left a long lasting, bad, impression.  We need a win this coming weekend.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

It's tough being a UND FB fan sometimes.  Two of my three close UND friends only bring up UND Football when we lose.  Or, when I finally get them to watch a game, we choke.  We went through school during the transition and the Muss years left a long lasting, bad, impression.  

Besides you guys, the best person I can have decent discussion of FCS football is a DIE-HARD Bison fan (I say die-hard because he's not going to be fair weather when the tides turn).  Even my dad, a long-ago UND alum, who taught me to be a Sioux fan from birth, barely even mentions football, and is seemingly just as likely to bring up NDSU.  We need some statement wins, and one of them will need to be against the Bison.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Devils said:

Can remember being at that UC Davis game in 2001, very loud and electric atmosphere.  Their QB hung around the NFL for the better part of the decade and didn't score on us.

Was there as well. Up in the Suite at the end of the Alerus where the goal line stands took place. It was deafening in the Al that day.

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

It's tough being a UND FB fan sometimes.  Two of my three close UND friends only bring up UND Football when we lose.  Or, when I finally get them to watch a game, we choke.  We went through school during the transition and the Muss years left a long lasting, bad, impression.  We need a win this coming weekend.

Ahh yes I can relate in a way. I graduated in 08 so I got to see some good ball. Some of my younger friends in college still fall into the category you describe as well.

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Crowd noise is nice, but can I ask for a similar outcome as the UC-Davis game? 

I won't be in total shock if UND wins, but I will if the score is 14-2!  38-34 type of I game, I think, if UND is on the winning side.

22 hours ago, 108498 said:

Too often UND fans (students and adults) wait until a big third down to get loud. Adults and families can not depend on just the students. They too have to get loud on first, second and third down all game long. 

It would help if we didn't have so much loud canned music.  

• Upvote 2