SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

49 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Just airing thoughts here, so input from others is appreciated.  How many people that attend UND football games are coming from the Twin Cities?  Those people might choose to attend a UND hockey game that is in their backyard rather than travel 4-5 hours to watch UND football, and that is why there could be an attendance conflict. I wouldn't blame them for that.  There could also be people in Grand Forks / Fargo that would choose to watch hockey play a long-time rival who is now only scheduled out of conference.  I wouldn't blame them for that either.  Though, seeing as I live in Grand Forks, I personally wouldn't do that.  I would go to the football game that's in my backyard.

I think the hockey game will have minimal impact on attendance. My thoughts are along the same line as @Siouxperfan7, if it's not packed, it won't be because of the hockey game. I know this was a playoff game, but back when UND played Richmond there was 10K in attendance (technically 9,837), that was the same night that UND was playing in NYC. I have no doubt that attendance will be affected less against SDSU then it was that night. This is a big game, in October against a rival(ish), the 2nd closest team as far as distance goes. Attendance will be > 11K. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Dustin said:

When will destination hockey games stop being scheduled during a UND home football game?  

They couldn't control the playoff game since the hockey game was scheduled way in advance. But yeah, the Weber game and now this. Seems like we could have gotten one of the two to fall on a road game.

1 minute ago, UNDColorado said:

They couldn't control the playoff game since the hockey game was scheduled way in advance. But yeah, the Weber game and now this. Seems like we could have gotten one of the two to fall on a road game.

Yeah, I am not upset about 2016, although it could have happened during a late regular season away game.  In 2018 (first Vegas hockey game), football hosted Weber St. (Who was ranked #4 at the time; huge game).  Last year was the way it should be done (football was at Missouri St.).

4 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

The original Dixie State game was scheduled prior to the Vegas hockey game being scheduled. However there are only so many dates they could work around for Vegas due to arena and opponent availability.

When Dixie State had to redo their schedule and backed out of the contract, they tried to get a game this weekend instead of in 2 weeks but were unable to find anything that worked due to it being so late in the process. The only positive part is that instead of a home/home, UND is getting a fairly cheap "buy-game" at home to replace Dixie State. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather be at the SDSU game but I'll be at the Gopher game because I live in the cities.  Have been wanting to head up to UND for a football game but it has been tough with a couple kids under three.  Might actually drive up for the ACU game if anyone has 4 tickets they want to unload ;).  Game won't be as loud, kids can go to the water park, and it would be fun to watch the Vegas game from one of the bars at the Canad.  Really, the ACU game would be a great time for UND to run some type of family ticket promotion.  They could also encourage season ticket holders who will be in Vegas to donate their tickets to local kids - not sure if they have a program like that already or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Really, the ACU game would be a great time for UND to run some type of family ticket promotion. 

They have a Friends & Family 4 pack promotion.  $5 tickets (minimum of 4 but up to 9) however Ticketmaster fees will add another $5/each.  Perhaps you can skip that extra fee by getting them at the box office on game day.

UND Football 2022 Promotional Schedule

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lawkota said:

They have a Friends & Family 4 pack promotion.  $5 tickets (minimum of 4 but up to 9) however Ticketmaster fees will add another $5/each.  Perhaps you can skip that extra fee by getting them at the box office on game day.

UND Football 2022 Promotional Schedule

Awesome.  Thanks for the info.  Might help to convince another family to drive up.

52 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

They could also encourage season ticket holders who will be in Vegas to donate their tickets to local kids - not sure if they have a program like that already or not.

They do. You can do it right from the app or website, right next to the Transfer and Sell buttons.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

The original Dixie State game was scheduled prior to the Vegas hockey game being scheduled. However there are only so many dates they could work around for Vegas due to arena and opponent availability.

When Dixie State had to redo their schedule and backed out of the contract, they tried to get a game this weekend instead of in 2 weeks but were unable to find anything that worked due to it being so late in the process. The only positive part is that instead of a home/home, UND is getting a fairly cheap "buy-game" at home to replace Dixie State. 

That's right. I totally forgot about the scheduling issue with their conference. Thanks!

On 10/10/2022 at 2:16 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

2:30 game at the Manure Pit.
SDSU looking good to put the beat down on.
Bizon won't be able to keep focused this week with the JameMad FBS ranking, LOL(johnny).

Then, a week later, the Jacks hop into the Hawks' Nest over confident.
The ducks are lined up, rest up boys.

1 out of 2 
300+ Free Check Mark & Checklist Images - Pixabay
checked off.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

One of the biggest games in our D1 history.  Great opportunity for our guys.  

Another thought.  How crappy of a road schedule have the Jacks played through this year?  At Iowa, at Missouri State, at NDSU, at UND, and they'll be at Northern Iowa to close out the road portion.  If they go unblemished on the road in the MVFC this season that's impressive.

Let’s hope they don’t!