SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Good to hear. Just the way it was presented at the luncheon today from Armacost it made it seem like he was there for the weekend but I’m happy to be wrong. 

He just stated they were headed down today. Didn't insinuate one way or the other. He's BC is doing exactly what he should. 

Both he and EM were at the volleyball game last night as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AJS said:

24 Hours from kickoff, according to current tickets available from Ticketmaster.

• Total: 1863
    • Non-End Zone: 882
    • End Zone: 981

Walk ups always play a big role. But UND marketing and Alerus Gameday Ops aren’t doing much on their part to enhance that number … 

winning and big games can only do so much, but both of those areas are checked for tomorrow … let’s see what it brings. My guess is a good crowd (10,000) but not a sell out which is what good marketing and gameday ops can bring you. 

7 hours ago, Higgins said:

If I remember correctly, their QB had a post game press conference that made Joe Biden's public speaking skills look amazing.  It was all over the board and he abruptly ended his talk and walked off.  

That was the 2015 game at the Alerus.  UND could have easily beaten them much worse than they did that day. 

29 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That was the 2015 game at the Alerus.  UND could have easily beaten them much worse than they did that day. 

UND defense struggled in that game. Made it very close: 44-38 final. 

On the flip side, UND offense looked good. One of the few with Rudolph in charge. Santiago, Oliveira, and Clive Georges all with a big game. 

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

On the flip side, UND offense looked good. One of the few with Rudolph in charge. Santiago, Oliveira, and Clive Georges all with a big game. 

UND should have dropped 60 on them. 

Making an overrated QB cry at the end however.... priceless. 

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND was short some defensive players.  Patchwork.  Played very well.

4 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

UND was short some defensive players.  Patchwork.  Played very well.

They got the win. Did just enough, but I’ll never say giving up 38 points is “playing very well”. One play here or there and UND loses. 

UND did go on to two more victories that season, both blowout wins. And how were they awarded? A playoff selection snub in lieu of Bob Nielson’s sh*tty Western Illinois team … 

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Back to reality:

I don't feel that this will be a blowout in either direction.  

Will UND be able to make the 4-5 winning plays that it will need to make to pull the upset?

Turnover and penalties, like all games. Which is why UND has a great opportunity due to being at home AND coming off a bye week.

Now just need to show up and execute. Plenty of eyes will be on the game tomorrow, being it has the #1 team in it. Time to take the next step, or else be considered the status quo. 

Let’s go …

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They got the win. Did just enough, but I’ll never say giving up 38 points is “playing very well”. One play here or there and UND loses. 

UND did go on to two more victories that season, both blowout wins. And how were they awarded? A playoff selection snub in lieu of Bob Nielson’s sh*tty Western Illinois team … 

I have the wrong year this was a defensive struggle for both team.  Not sure if 38 points was scored between both teams.

54 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Here’s what’s going to keep the game close:

1. Alerus Center. We are just very hard to play against at home. 
2.  Diversified offense. We have multiple weapons both on the ground and through the air, a good play caller, plus a very smart QB who can scramble for yards or escape pressure until something opens up. 
3.  Defense that adjusts. We probably will look a little porous in the first quarter or half, but we will have things dialed in after a few series. 

Here’s what’s going to win the game:

1. Pressure on the QB, hopefully to force a turnover, like an interception or strip sack, or at least put them in 3rd/4th & Long.

2. A Special Teams play. Something like a fake punt, a big return, or blocked punt.

3.  Crowd noise to cause penalties that put them in unfavorable down & distance. 

Can't disagree with any of that.  Kinda wish we would have saved that Quincy pitch play with Maag coming across for a game like this.  Hopefully Danny has the perfect call in this game when we need it.  Just finally listened to the 360 podcast and Shannon mentioned Maag throwing a TD to Wilson.  What if on that same situation and similar formation as that pitch play, Quincy actually hands it to Maag, Red or Smith are in the backfield and they leak out to the left....Maag takes the handoff running right, turns back and throws it to Red or Smith back out in the left flat.  It's always interesting watching Danny's offense...I'm sure there will be at least one new play or wrinkle tomorrow! 

Well I can help with #3 and pray about #1 & 2!

I totally recant my statements about customer service. Last night at 7:30 pm I got a call from ?Joe at the football office. He had very much referred my request to someone who did not follow through. He will make sure I have a ticket tomorrow. Joe is fielding requests for student athletes to see the game. He has been swamped (“I was afraid your call was another request for 10 tickets for possible recruits”).

I hope the recruits are seeing GREEN and no there color.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Well I can help with #3 and pray about #1 & 2!

I totally recant my statements about customer service. Last night at 7:30 pm I got a call from ?Joe at the football office. He had very much referred my request to someone who did not follow through. He will make sure I have a ticket tomorrow. Joe is fielding requests for student athletes to see the game. He has been swamped (“I was afraid your call was another request for 10 tickets for possible recruits”).

I hope the recruits are seeing GREEN and no there color.

I'm happy that Joe is having a stressful time fulfilling ticket requests. That's the best thing that can happen to Joe or anyone in his position.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Dustin said:

Here’s what’s going to win the game:

Have less turnovers and penalties than SDSU. That’ll do it. Crowd noise a factor in both - LET’S GO! 

lastly, be quiet when UND is on offense (including the band!), be crazy when UND is on defense. A true home-field advantage is one with smart fans.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Kinda wish we would have saved that Quincy pitch play with Maag coming across for a game like this.  Hopefully Danny has the perfect call in this game when we need it.

Let’s not spill the beans too much here. And let’s also not overthink it. Danny will have plenty of things dialed up. Ultimately going to come down to execution, anyways.