SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Danny is going to earn his money this week.  I don't think we will be able to run the ball, so we need to be creative in getting guys the ball in space and effectively sprinkle in the run game to keep them honest. 

Screen passes.  Lots of them.  Lots of movement.  Different sets.  Never run the same on twice in a row. Throw in Quincey in there.  Keep them guessing all day.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

100% agree on tommy's legs...gonna have to extend some drives with his feet...but damnit he will have to hit the deep ball in this game...can't airball those throws

not sure what jack wright brings to the table ahead of the other wr's on the team...doesn't seem too fast, too athletic or really anything...

is he better than burian, nate, elijah, marcus?

Solid hands and a knack for getting open. Different type of receiver than those guys. More like a Belquist type from what I've seen. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Dustin said:

So, use the passing game to open up the run?  That is something I feel our offense is capable of. 

That has been our MO lately, and I think it will be again.  Try and start out similar to last week at YSU, all kinds of mixes of passes to open up the running game.  I hope Danny has a few other great play calls ready for this game, going to need a few gems this coming Saturday to keep up with SDSU's offense.  Agree with the other poster who said we need a turnover or two.  Every time their QB takes a 7 step drop.....I'll be holding my breath, ok probably not a 7 step drop since already in shotgun. 

There's less then 2400 tickets currently available for this game on Ticketmaster. This isn't a fair comparison, since I don't know where tickets were at the same time of the week for the UNI game, but the day before that game there were just over 2000 available. There's no doubt they will surpass the Potato Bowl crowd. Although 2400 is a lot of tickets, it doesn't really look it. The 3 End Zone sections account for 35% of the unsold tickets.  

12 hours ago, shep said:

Watching a replay of the SU's game yesterday. 

Davis is a beast. The LB's and DL's need their best game of the year.

I thought he was the best players on the Jacks team. (Davis)  Hopefully just dinged for this game then I wish him the best of luck the remaining season.:D

1 hour ago, AJS said:

There's less then 2400 tickets currently available for this game on Ticketmaster. This isn't a fair comparison, since I don't know where tickets were at the same time of the week for the UNI game, but the day before that game there were just over 2000 available. There's no doubt they will surpass the Potato Bowl crowd. Although 2400 is a lot of tickets, it doesn't really look it. The 3 End Zone sections account for 35% of the unsold tickets.  

Fill it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Solid hands and a knack for getting open. Different type of receiver than those guys. More like a Belquist type from what I've seen. 

The kids can block too. I believe it was the long Maag TD the other week, or the long Smith TD. Either way, he was way down field doin his job.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Onto the game. I'm really conflicted on how this will go.

On one hand, there's the reality of where this team has been defensively this year. To win, they will need to play their best game of the year. The other reason is this game is without a doubt a Top 5 D1 game for UND. I truly believe it's a game that can change the trajectory of a program. You don't get a lot of "fast track" type games. This is one of them. As a fanbase, it just seems like you see this team make a dent and then they just can't take that next step. Can they finally truly break thru?

On the other hand, UND has been amazing at home. Things just seem to have broken perfectly for them this game. A well-timed Bye week, SDSU winning an emotional game against their biggest rival. Back-to-back road games for the Jackrabbits. UND has real momentum. Why wouldn't the Alerus magic continue?

Cannot emphasize the opportunity UND has enough this weekend. Win and they are in the conversation on the FCS national level. 

Totally agree on the conflicted part for this game.  With SDSU's potential on offense.....and our defense, can see them hanging 40 plus on us.  On the other side, we play so much better at home.  Could be a 45-42 type of game.  Our offense needs to play like we need to score every time we have the ball, sense of urgency on every possession. 

I think SDSU is ripe for the picking this week.  I think the game will have a similar feel (and result) to the 2020 (played in Spring 2021) game.  Maybe a slow defensive start (we are known for that), but then a nice tightening up.  Bringing QB pressure is the way to go here, I think.  Offensively, I think we do all the things:  passing, rushing, screens, tricks, fakes.  We have the offensive weapons to keep their defense on edge.  Wish we had Skokna for this game, though.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

I liked when they played this hawk when trying a field goal 

I would also like it if the marching band and the canned music operator understand that when UND has the ball it is a home field advantage to not have excess noise when we are in our huddle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1