SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

South Dakota State University Logo
OCT 22 (SAT) 3 P.M. MIDCO SPORTS/ESPN+ HOME OF ECONOMY RADIO NETWORK
VS 
#SETTHEEXPECTATION | FAMILY WEEKEND PRESENTED BY MIDCO SPORTS
Presented by Midco Sports
Might as well start this now because we are already posting about it. Great opportunity for our football program. We have put ourselves in the position to succeed and now we can prove we belong.  Again!
Go Hawks!!
  • Upvote 1

SDSU does not have a bye until the last week of the season (Nov. 19), so they play 11 straight weeks.  Our game with them will be game number 8, and the second of back-to-back road games.  Again, giving me more confidence considering that we'll be fresh and at home.  Would be a great time to win another big game in front of the home crowd.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dustin said:

Hopefully that game is knock-down drag-out, and then we come in fresh following the bye.  I think we can do this.  

2:30 game at the Manure Pit.
SDSU looking good to put the beat down on.
Bizon won't be able to keep focused this week with the JameMad FBS ranking, LOL(johnny).

Then, a week later, the Jacks hop into the Hawks' Nest over confident.
The ducks are lined up, rest up boys.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Dustin said:

Who will be unavailable for this game?  Skokna, I am assuming.  What about Fort?  Anybody else?  Also, do we have a list of those (if anybody) that are known to be out for the season?

360 guys have said they believe Fort and Skokna are out for the season. Fort with knee/leg injury and Skokna was undisclosed.

I did just notice that for the ACU game they do have a "Friends and Family 4 pack" which is $5.00 tickets. Kudos for that. I'm hoping they do some sort of marketing blitz for the SDSU game as well. This is probably a Top 5 home game in the D1 era. They need to do whatever they can to fill the place.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Kab said:

Need sdsu to win this weekend 

the alerus should be rocking

bring a friend with 

I was hoping for a USD shocker, a Misery St W, and maybe an Indiana State upset W last weekend. I just can't get anything I want. :lol:

Seriously though, an SDSU win would be awesome heading into next week. I wouldn't be upset if they were a little beat up and tired either, haha

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I did just notice that for the ACU game they do have a "Friends and Family 4 pack" which is $5.00 tickets. Kudos for that. I'm hoping they do some sort of marketing blitz for the SDSU game as well. This is probably a Top 5 home game in the D1 era. They need to do whatever they can to fill the place.

Let’s hope so! Lot of und fans will be in Minneapolis the weekend of SDSU, so we’re gonna need all the people we can get to the game! 

Yeah think the hockey in the cities will be an issue. Hope UND can put together some ticket promotion to help offset that issue and get some people who typically wouldn't go to get there. Could be a #1 team in the country at the Alerus, advertise it like crazy and take advantage of the opportunity. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Why?  Football game is at 3:00.  Hockey is at 7:00.  You really think there are going to be thousands of fans headed to Minneapolis for $75 tickets to watch hockey that would liukely be at the football game? The games aren't even sold out.  Of the UND fans that will be there, I would say at least over half live in the Twin Cities area.  If the Alerus isn't packed Saturday it certainly won't be because of of the hockey games against the Gophers that weekend.

Just airing thoughts here, so input from others is appreciated.  How many people that attend UND football games are coming from the Twin Cities?  Those people might choose to attend a UND hockey game that is in their backyard rather than travel 4-5 hours to watch UND football, and that is why there could be an attendance conflict. I wouldn't blame them for that.  There could also be people in Grand Forks / Fargo that would choose to watch hockey play a long-time rival who is now only scheduled out of conference.  I wouldn't blame them for that either.  Though, seeing as I live in Grand Forks, I personally wouldn't do that.  I would go to the football game that's in my backyard.