SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I actually think the game will turn out a lot like this.

Skokna was a big contributor in this game.  With him out, we are going to need Isiah Smith to fill those shoes.  I don't doubt that special teams will contribute something; probably a fake punt to keep a drive alive.  I am also going to call a strip sack of Gronowski.

6 minutes ago, Kab said:

Hoping for a good walk up crowd

quite a few tickets,available 3000?

48 Hours from kickoff, according to current tickets available from Ticketmaster.

• Total: 2119
    • Non-End Zone: 1021
    • End Zone: 1098 (Sections 218 / 201 / 209)

UND / Alerus does seem to randomly release more tickets. Section 201 had limited tickets at the beginning of the week and then last night they opened up more seats. I was following the ticket situation before the UNI game fairly closely. They did release a fair amount the night before. 

Based on following the UNI available tickets, there will be a bigger crowd this weekend. Hoping for a nice push here in the next 24 hours and the walk-up crowd will fill in the non-end zone sections.

• Upvote 3

Watched an SDSU podcast and one of their guys predicted 52-28 SDSU.  Which their offense and our defense, I guess it's possible they score 52.  But I sure don't see us getting beat by 24 in our own house.  Fired me up seeing some of the comments other people were making during the game....like how SDSU will have 40 minutes TOP etc. etc..  It seems like half of them almost feel like they are going on the road to play Western Illinois this weekend or something.  Our defense needs to step up and play the game of the year on Saturday.  Need all three phases though, need a statement win for the program this weekend. 

I get that all teams fans have rose colored glasses on when looking or thinking about their team though, it's just the way it is.  Haven't watched the 360 podcast yet but sounds like Kelly is predicting a win.  SDSU fans listening to that are also probably laughing and thinking their analysis is crazy.    One of the two SDSU podcast guys though did say he thought UND would cover the point spread, so he was giving us a little credit.  

• Like 1

In the Bubba era (2014 till now) UND has given up an average of 21.6 points per game at home.  Only two times has a UND given up over 40 points at the Alerus Center and that was a 49-21 loss to Montana St in 2017 and a 47-44 win against South Dakota in 2016.  This season we are allowing just over 27 points per game at home.  We gave up 24 points last year in our loss to the Jacks in Brookings and only gave up 17 points when we beat them at home in the Spring season in 20/2.  

Can SDSU score 52 points gainst UND on Saturday?  I guess anything is possible.  But looking at the numbers, it is not very likely.  But what do I know.  I'm just a guy who looks at the numbers and the facts.  Not a blue and yellow glasses wearing podcaster! :D